Pic Req: Larry at Hansa Studios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Pic Req: Larry at Hansa Studios

Perhaps Bono Comet can help? Anyone?

Looking for a few pictures of Larry playing the white marine pearl Sonor drum kit, as seen in the picture below. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Sonor-1960s-Hansa-1.jpg

Well I could post some pics of Larry playing white drums, but I'd have no idea if they are the ones you're looking for. I don't know my drums, sorry! Perhaps the Larry girls could help more with that than I could. (Also sorry I must get to work in a few minutes, but maybe later tonight ;) )

ABu21816berlin1990AC.jpg

(Are the white drums he used during Vertigo the same?)

Well I could post some pics of Larry playing white drums, but I'd have no idea if they are the ones you're looking for. I don't know my drums, sorry! Perhaps the Larry girls could help more with that than I could. (Also sorry I must get to work in a few minutes, but maybe later tonight ;) )

ABu21816berlin1990AC.jpg

(Are the white drums he used during Vertigo the same?)

Nope - not the same as the Vertigo drums.

- This kit was one that they found in the closet at Hansa Studios, according to Daniel Lanois (in his new book). I do think that they bought it from Hansa, as it seems to be the same kit seen in some of the Pop sessions in Dublin.

Hey, thanks for posting that. I read the Lanois book too and was very intrigued by this old Sonar drumkit they found in Hansa and which turned out to be very influential for the Achtung Baby drum sound.

i've always loved those Hansa sessions pictures.

here are some pictures i found from old Propganda magazines regarding the drums:

skann0002.jpg

skann0001.jpg

this one is from another session, in Dublin (Dogtown?) I don't know if it's the same drums as the ones used in Berlin.

Back
Top Bottom