Oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not :hmm:, they are ramping up to tour and they usually appear as often as possible for promo, not that they need the exposure...almost everyone knows who they are.:D

Why would they promo at the oscars. It's a movie event and U2 haven't done anything related to a major movie in years.

Because they are musicians who have NO relation whatshowever to this event.
For promotion of their album they promote it during music events.

But why would they even be asked? The musical performances at the Oscars are only those that are nominated FOR an Oscar. U2 are not. Hence, there is a -23% chance they'll perform at the Oscars.

Why would they promo at the oscars. It's a movie event and U2 haven't done anything related to a major movie in years.

Because they are musicians who have NO relation whatshowever to this event.
For promotion of their album they promote it during music events.

But why would they even be asked? The musical performances at the Oscars are only those that are nominated FOR an Oscar. U2 are not. Hence, there is a -23% chance they'll perform at the Oscars.
YES. All of these logical responses.

Well...

Hope dost not spring eternal that U2 would break the mold, again, then especially since Oscar officiandos are changing up the old routines?

It....doesn't....matter....if...it's.....u.....2......The musical Oscar performances are for NOMINATED bands. U2....are....not....nominated!

It....doesn't....matter....if...it's.....u.....2......The musical Oscar performances are for NOMINATED bands. U2....are....not....nominated!

Another completely logical response from Ashley.

Hope dost not spring eternal that U2 would break the mold, again, then especially since Oscar officiandos are changing up the old routines?

Nah, they'd go for Coldplay :tongue:

Doesn't matter that its U2. U2 is only 'our' favourite band. The Oscars is still, at the end of the day, focused on movies. U2 doesn't have a current connection with a movie and isn't even nominated. They are irrelevant. (shock horror :shocked: ). I realise you'd like to see them there, but if you look at it logically, it just isn't going to happen. :shrug:

Who the hell cares for the Oscars anyway? They're a MOVIE thing, not a MUSIC thing.
TOTALLY UNRELATED TO U2.

Why do you keep trying to convince us there's a chance they'll play here???? What's your ulteriour motive? Do you want them to play it so badly? What for?

grammys, Oscars they are all Shite! Jus wanna see my fav band :cute:

Who the hell cares for the Oscars anyway? They're a MOVIE thing, not a MUSIC thing.
TOTALLY UNRELATED TO U2.

Why do you keep trying to convince us there's a chance they'll play here???? What's your ulteriour motive? Do you want them to play it so badly? What for?

I'm...I'm going to leave this debate as now my brain hurts.

:lol: Point Set Match :lol: Edge has a V

TOTALLY UNRELATED TO U2.

:banghead: I agree with you Reggo, this is useless.

Next thing you know this guy tells you Edge has a flying V.

Why not :hmm:, they are ramping up to tour and they usually appear as often as possible for promo, not that they need the exposure...almost everyone knows who they are.:D

Why not? ah, because the Oscars are for the promotion of Film and all of it's components. Unless U2 in association with a film wrote a song (within the last year) or is subbing for a performer, it is highly unlikely that they will appear at this year's ceremony.

What demonstrates that the Oscar voters are "changing up old routines"

From the bean or the chicken commercial: "that's just crazy talk"

The Oscars promote film and all of it's components. There are a couple of categories for music, but if U2 hasn't written a damn thing for a film in the last year, then nope, they ain't appearing.

There isn't anything wrong with the Oscars. You can't break what ain't broken (well maybe shorten the broadcast to maybe end on time).

So, here's a run down on award shows - so you can set your Tivo

Grammy
Emmy (primetime and daytime)
Golden Globes
MTV VMAs
People's Choice
Screen Actor Guild
Country Music Awards
Tony Awards
American Music Awards
MTV VMA's
VH1
BRITs
Mercury Music Prize
MOBOs
Vodafone Live Awards
Q Awards
NME awards
Westmister dog show

Can anyone think of anything else.

Just because you quote a statistic doesn't make it so.
Where's your supporting data. From the information provided I would say that your 23% quote is hokem!

:lol: Point Set Match :lol: Edge has a V
Nice edit. And until you start by posting proof that he has I'm not believing you. Nor are the other people in here who know what guitars Edge has, since none of us has EVER seen a V in his collection.

Just because you quote a statistic doesn't make it so.
Where's your supporting data. From the information provided I would say that your 23% quote is hokem!

Dude, read the post better, it says MINUS 23. MINUS. Meaning there is no chance in hell they'll play the Oscars.

Back
Top Bottom