NBC Bono & Edge interview w/Brian Williams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Email from atU2.com said they will be on the Nightly News with Brian Williams.
That's in about 15 minutes. (cdt) :wave:

Bono & Edge will also be on NBC Nightly News on Tuesday. Anchorman Brian Williams visited the Foxwoods Theatre today to tape interviews with them and the cast.

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

The New York Times also has a lengthy and interesting interview with Bono and Edge about the production and its struggles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/14/theater/bono-and-the-edge-explain-spider-man-back-story. html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&pagewanted=all&adxnnlx=1308007470-JRD+KQSpLo3wBh3c6uu&# 43;Mw

I thought it was taped the other day? Weren't there pics from the Spiderman set with Brian Williams?

I just saw that Julie Taymore is attending opening night? I wonder if she will sit with B and E? I bet she does, because they are classy people.

I was looking in another thread and there were some post-show pictures with everyone on stage, and there was a woman there with Bono, and I was all ".... is that Julie Taymor??" I figured it couldn't be, but I guess it was!

That was nice to see.

just watched the extended video. I was surprised to learn about how one of the producers died. I googled Tony Adams and was even more surprised that he died in Oct 2005. That's when U2 was on tour for the Vertigo tour. He died on Oct 22, 2005...I saw U2 that very night in Pittsburg and also 2 nights later in Michigan. Crazy to think that Edge had all of that going on in his mind when he was on stage.

just watched the extended video. I was surprised to learn about how one of the producers died. I googled Tony Adams and was even more surprised that he died in Oct 2005. That's when U2 was on tour for the Vertigo tour. He died on Oct 22, 2005...I saw U2 that very night in Pittsburg and also 2 nights later in Michigan. Crazy to think that Edge had all of that going on in his mind when he was on stage.

ohmigosh, how traumatizing for all involved!

You got me curious and here's what wikipedia told me:

"While he originally signed on to become producer of the Spider-Man musical, he died during his time. He was going to the Edge's house, who co-wrote the score, for him to sign various contracts and he suffered a stroke at the Edge's apartment. Adams died at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York after a stroke at the age of 52"

So in the morning/noon Tony Adams had a stroke at Edge's NY apartment, then in the evening Edge flew to Pittsburgh for the concert? :O

ohmigosh, how traumatizing for all involved!

You got me curious and here's what wikipedia told me:

"While he originally signed on to become producer of the Spider-Man musical, he died during his time. He was going to the Edge's house, who co-wrote the score, for him to sign various contracts and he suffered a stroke at the Edge's apartment. Adams died at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York after a stroke at the age of 52"

So in the morning/noon Tony Adams had a stroke at Edge's NY apartment, then in the evening Edge flew to Pittsburgh for the concert? :O

I remember the band got to the arena in Pittsburg later than normal so they didn't stop to sign anything. It was pouring out that day so we thought the delay was due to the weather.....maybe this was the reason.

I don't find it that unusual that Edge would be in NY in the afternoon and then in another state to be on stage that night since they don't always stay in the city they are performing in. When they played in MN a few months before these concerts they flew in from Chicago. It's just hard to believe that someone died in front of him and then he was on stage that night completely composed.

Back
Top Bottom