Naughty naughty Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. At first I was very amused by some of the over-reactions on this subject, it's been a while since we had a good old argy-bargy but now things are getting little out of hand! :uhoh:

I'm sure some women wouldn't even dream of flirting, having an affair or marrying a man old enough to be their father, but hey it happens, Cathrine Zeta-Jones anyone! :shrug:

And I also question the validity of the claim that it was Bono who instigated the get-together, more likely one of his daugthers, who friends these girls undoubtly are. It's just the tabloid press trying to make something out of nothing and I can't believe that some so called fans here are buying it hook, line and sinker!! :doh:

1) This girl is stupid sharing these pics on facebook, whatever the scope of the "party" was. I know it's a free environment, but I only put pictures of people that would not mind (my husband is not on facebook and does not want to be tagged for example, and I respect that), I doubt they asked Bono if they could publish these pics freely.
2) Please remember that the web version of the Daily Mail hardly classifies as "press", the paper version is already bad low-middle-class, rural, conservative journalism (Notice the "veiled" judgement on Bono's humanitarian efforts and friendship with Labour Party MP Tony Blair), so go figure.
3) Shame on the online version of the Corriere della Sera (italian press) for publishing the article from the Mail Online as well.

For someone who claims to be a friend (or at least the paper says so), she really isn't being much of a friend if she is posting these pics online for everyone to see. If I were his friend, and attended a get-together and got my pics taken with him, I wouldn't be posting those online. As a friend, it really isn't a big deal to get a picture taken with someone famous, because... well, it a normal occurrence - you are friends after all, right? A picture like this would only be posted online by:
a) a fan who had the wonderful opportunity of meeting him, and then proudly showing the picture to the world.
b) someone who got paid by Daily Mirror :lol:and is now trying to cause a scandal

I realised just now that these pictures were posted on the girl's facebook site.

Wow, she surely likes to boast. :ohmy:

Not sure what Bono would think about this, but somehow I think he wouldn't care.

I think if any of us got pictures like that with Bono we wouldn't bat an eyelash before posting them here :lol: If we didn't and a pleba girl heard about it we would get burglarized!

Maybe he's trying to slip out of "politician Bono" and into "rockstar Bono" for their next album. He certainly exudes a different more sexual vibe around tour time. I remember what happened to me when I was 19 at a U2 show :combust: and it made no difference that he's a man in his 40's! Then again some girls like their men to be older :D

Ah, PMS, ok :wave: I can relate!

Anyway, I admire her too! That's the point.

I'd like her less if she went and had a face lift, and piled on gobs of make up.

Here is one of the photos I posted (HI RES) - she looks natural, beautiful.
I think she's only wearing lipstick! How many women would pose for a portrait
with no make up? Not me!!

ImageShack - Hosting :: ali1fi5.jpg

I agree.....this is a beautiful photo of a woman who is in her late forties. I am in 51 years of age, with no cosmetic surgery. And what on earth is wrong with natural aging. Ali is absolutely lovely at age 47. We don't become ugly as we age, just more beautiful.

I couldn't care less what Bono was up to. He's either playing around for the camera or really playing. In any case, I bet he didn't have a clue that these girls would post the photos.
Even if he was frolicking with the girls, it should come as no surprise. He is human, he is a typical male (sorry all you guys out there!) and he's a rock star. Having dated a rock star, you have to come to accept the fact that your man comes in contact with a lot of girls who are willing to do anything to get close to him. It doesn't mean that he'll seize the opportunity, but you have to be able to deal with that. As I'm sure Ali is able to otherwise their marriage wouldn't have lasted.

I kind of feel sorry for Bono in a way because it is obvious these girls are merely using him as a way to get publicity and become "celebs" (you know, one of those stupid Hollywood girls who are famous for not doing anything). It's really low of them. They look like they're showing off. If I were Bono or Carmody, I'd stay away from these girls.

I work for a major newspaper and we decided not to use the story, not because I'm a U2 fan but because we don't want to provide any more publicity to two very stupid, publicity-seeking wannabes.

I couldn't care less what Bono was up to. He's either playing around for the camera or really playing. In any case, I bet he didn't have a clue that these girls would post the photos.
Even if he was frolicking with the girls, it should come as no surprise. He is human, he is a typical male (sorry all you guys out there!) and he's a rock star. Having dated a rock star, you have to come to accept the fact that your man comes in contact with a lot of girls who are willing to do anything to get close to him. It doesn't mean that he'll seize the opportunity, but you have to be able to deal with that. As I'm sure Ali is able to otherwise their marriage wouldn't have lasted.

I kind of feel sorry for Bono in a way because it is obvious these girls are merely using him as a way to get publicity and become "celebs" (you know, one of those stupid Hollywood girls who are famous for not doing anything). It's really low of them. They look like they're showing off. If I were Bono or Carmody, I'd stay away from these girls.

I work for a major newspaper and we decided not to use the story, not because I'm a U2 fan but because we don't want to provide any more publicity to two very stupid, publicity-seeking wannabes.

That's the same impression I got from the pictures. I could be wrong, but it certainly looks like they were showing off.

^I agree Sirena. I feel sorry for Bono too that he's being used this way, and that the press is going down the road of "ZOMG! Bono's havin an affairz!" yet again. He's been accused of this time and time again for at least 15 years. Who knows if he cares or not this time around, but we've all read that at times it actually really upset him. That makes me sad. :sad: I think Bono deserves much better, if not from the press then at least from the fans!

I think we're all judging his actions a bit too objectively, and we need to step back and remember who this really is. Come on guys, this is Bono. We know Bono. He is a shameless tart, sure, but we know he is fundamentally a good and decent man with morals, boundaries, and great character. It's just astounding to me that so many people are so quick to believ such a thing about our B.

Sadly these photos were posted and now it's all over the net. I'm not sure what the young ladies were thinking. Though, I wouldn't have done it. Because, it may look bad for Bono. Considering his fame, marital situation and so on.

He will probably be the blunt, for many jokes and hopefully, this will blow away quickly, and not hurt his family.

And I'm sure this hurts his family even more.
Like I said, I've dated a rock star and people LOVE to tell you how he's cheating on you, etc. and how they're "warning" you for your own good. I'm sure Ali is stronger than I was.
As for Perez Hilton, that guy is not even a journalist. Who is he to judge others?! I mean, he makes a living from GOSSIP and putting others down!!

i can't believe this guy is treated like a celeb, gets invited to parties and premieres like he has any right to be there. he gives the rest of us a bad name.
what an easy job he's got. while the rest of us are slaving over articles late into the night, he's busy uploading crap on his site.
Others on my "I will not write about them" list: Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, the Kardashians and anyone else not working for a living and making more in a month than any of us will ever do in two lifetimes.

The veiled comments are all about Atomic Lemon getting us to think
that she is friends with the band, and that she knows stuff we don't. Don't rise to it. It's a bit sad really.

It's a bit sad that you are inferring that I am FRIENDS with the band. I never said that. I know info you don't because I am
in the music industry and the other reasons I posted. I have worked with them and am friends w/ a few folks they know due to
my ties to Ireland and being in the music business.

Crap, I went over to Elvis's (J's) house a few years ago with the tape of the MusiCares event (there were only 4 dubbed, and I got one...)
so we could load some clips here for you all. So yeah, I'm on the inside, big deal.

People come here to post their ideas and opinions, but I guess it's only ok when I'm posting info and other tidbits that you all want...
I also sent many of you photos (via snail mail - Yes REAL photographs) of Edge that my friend took (on the yacht), and you all were l
loving me then. Now I'm a freaking pariah because I'm posting things you all don't like? Did you even read my other posts on the
1st page? Or my comments on the other thread?

If you have something to say, why not just come out and say it?
I don't understand the veiled comments.

Everyone else has already said it ... it's no surprise the guy's a flirt. I wasn't insinuating anything more. :huh:

I was, very luckily, the recipient of that flirting several times, and it was quite lovely .. and HARMLESS.

You all seem to be reading into so many of my posts and magnifying every statement.

It is what it is - that's all.

as Sicy mentioned in the other thread in band meetings subforum here, the way this thread is going she's pretty close to closing it and I happen to agree that's needed at this point.
things are just getting way too catty in here.

here's a part of what she mentioned

Now that there is already a thread about that (which probably will not be open much longer) please refrain from continuing to take this thread off topic.

PS: It only seems salacious because the girls were in bikini's. Had they been wearing jeans and t shirts,
it wouldn't even make a blip on the media radar. Much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom