Morleigh pics please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge_Family.jpg

Edgette said:
These stills are from the MOFO video. From what I understand, it was Edge's birthday, and Morleigh came out to surprise him during Mysterious Ways. She was about seven months pregnant with Sian at the time. :love:

Image06.jpg

Image07.jpg

Image08.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I've looked for 10 years for photos or videos of that night!!! It happened in Helsinki on Edge's Birthday in August 1997.

I finally met Morleigh at the Brooklyn Bridge gig, and told her she was the reason I had started bellydancing when I was 15, and that I had bellydanced at the Tampa PopMart show in '97. Apparently she had heard there was a fan who had bellydanced on PopMart, because she said "That was you??" :applaud: Well, being the Morleigh fan that I always have been, you can imagine how happy I was!!! She's seems like a very sweet, modest lady, and I can't say enough nice things about her. :dance::dance: :dance:

PS At the time it was reported on Wire that she had "POP MUM" written across her belly in glitter. But you can't really tell in these pics...does anyone know for sure?:shrug:

Last edited:
popbellydancer said:

Thank you for posting this! I've looked for 10 years for photos or videos of that night!!! It happened in Helsinki on Edge's Birthday in August 1997.

I finally met Morleigh at the Brooklyn Bridge gig, and told her she was the reason I had started bellydancing when I was 15, and that I had bellydanced at the Tampa PopMart show in '97. Apparently she had heard there was a fan who had bellydanced on PopMart, because she said "That was you??" :applaud: Well, being the Morleigh fan that I always have been, you can imagine how happy I was!!! She's seems like a very sweet, modest lady, and I can't say enough nice things about her. :dance::dance: :dance:

PS At the time it was reported on Wire that she had "POP MUM" written across her belly in glitter. But you can't really tell in these pics...does anyone know for sure?:shrug:

:cute: What a great story! Thanks for sharing it. :hug:

You've probably seen, but there is a video of a woman dancing during a Popmart gig on Youtube. Is that one you?

I would love to meet Morleigh one day, she seems incredible.

I don't know if she had that on her belly or not, but it would have been cute!

Edgette said:

:cute: What a great story! Thanks for sharing it. :hug:

You've probably seen, but there is a video of a woman dancing during a Popmart gig on Youtube. Is that one you?

I would love to meet Morleigh one day, she seems incredible.

I don't know if she had that on her belly or not, but it would have been cute!

Yes, the youtube clip is me when I was 17 at Tampa Stadium. I thanked the guy who posted it on there. I'd post a pic on here....but as long as I've lurked, and posted, I've never learned how to post my own pics! Do they have to be on Photobucket? I can't seem to upload from my computer....and I'd like to have one or two in my signature...guess I should ask somewhere else, huh?! :der::shrug:

popbellydancer said:

Yes, the youtube clip is me when I was 17 at Tampa Stadium. I thanked the guy who posted it on there. I'd post a pic on here....but as long as I've lurked, and posted, I've never learned how to post my own pics! Do they have to be on Photobucket? I can't seem to upload from my computer....and I'd like to have one or two in my signature...guess I should ask somewhere else, huh?! :der::shrug:

I know this is an older thread, but here is the youtube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDngQi51GJA
:applaud:

It seems you've had quite a few Bono dance experiences Melissa :ohmy:

Did you really pre-arrange this with Bono (as you mentioned in the comments)?

If you're still wondering how to post pics, here is a good thread to get you started :)
http://forum.interference.com/t153266.html

Last edited:
msdw59 said:

End of the world confirms that the feet are of Turlington and Campbell.

Actually, it doesn't. It says that's what people are going to believe; I think Gavin Friday said that. If you read the chapter on the making of "Numb" it's clearly Morleigh's foot involved.

From 'Until The End of the World'

Dennis Sheehan is off in the corner shouting into a walkie-talkie that Morleigh, the belly dancer, was told she was on hold for this shoot today and now no one can find her. I keep it to myself that I saw Morleigh leaving the hotel five hours ago. She said that she'd been vaguely told that she might be needed for the video today, but she sat in her room all morning and heard nothing, so she was going to go out and see Berlin. Unlike practically everyone else on the tour, Morleigh does not wait on the whims of the kings. She has her own dance company; she is a pro. If there's a call she'll be there on time and ready to work, but if no one remembers to call her she will go about her business. Luckily there will be no need to make Maurice put on breastplates and substitute for her. With his usual magical gift for finding women, Bono strolls in a minute later with Morleigh in tow. He was staring out the car window on the way through Berlin, saw her walking down a side street, and called to her to jump in and go see what was going on at the "Numb" set. Dennis Sheehan seems equally relieved that she's here and exasperated at the haphazard method of her deliverance.

After a few passes, the director announces that the first half of the clip is done. A supper break is called, and while chowing down, the band and Godley try to finalize what the second sequence will be. The director reads off the list of options: "Do you want Morleigh's legs around your neck or her foot in your face?"

Bono, Adam, and Larry say together, "The foot in the face!"

Edge: "I prefer the legs around the neck."

Godley says if Edge really wants to, they can do it without film in the camera.

Back on the set, Edge returns to his seat while Morleigh and Andrea climb up on card tables on either side of him and start rubbing their bare feet all over his face. Edge, his eyes closed, is enjoying it very much. Larry sneaks up, takes his shoe off, and adds his smelly, socked foot to the facial, ruining Edge's fun. The director encourages Morleigh to try to get her little toe into Edge's nostril.

p. 261 or somewhere near that:

When we get back to the hotel I find all the others in the bar reliving the day's glories. Considering that Kevin Godley first heard of this video concept—in California—less than a week ago, its swift completion is pretty remarkable. He has no intention of going to sleep tonight—he will catch an early plane back to L.A. in the morning, and by the time he next goes to bed in California "Numb" will seem like a dream.
Adam says there is not going to be any use denying that the two pair of women's feet on Edge's face—one black, one white—are Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington.
As the sun comes up outside the hotel Larry raises a glass to Edge, star of the shoot. "To Reg!" Larry toasts, using the nickname insiders have given his famous nickname.
"To Reg!" the room replies.
Someone asks where Bono's gone.
"He's upstairs," Godley says, "furiously practicing his lead guitar."

msdw59 said:

Adam says there is not going to be any use denying that the two pair of women's feet on Edge's face—one black, one white—are Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington.

:lol: Ahh Adam :love:

He's saying that because of the close association that Christy and Naomi had with the band at that time....I'd say it's safe to say he simply means that people are going to assume it's them no matter what is said - so why deny it if people aren't going to listen...

msdw59 said:

When we get back to the hotel I find all the others in the bar reliving the day's glories. Considering that Kevin Godley first heard of this video concept—in California—less than a week ago, its swift completion is pretty remarkable. He has no intention of going to sleep tonight—he will catch an early plane back to L.A. in the morning, and by the time he next goes to bed in California "Numb" will seem like a dream.
As the sun comes up outside the hotel Larry raises a glass to Edge, star of the shoot. "To Reg!" Larry toasts, using the nickname insiders have given his famous nickname.
"To Reg!" the room replies.
Someone asks where Bono's gone.
"He's upstairs," Godley says, "furiously practicing his lead guitar."

Adam means that since Naomi and Christy were hanging around the band so much then, that people are going to assume that's whose feet are on Edge's face. And that to deny it when asked, probably numerous times, would be pointless.

Read the chapter again.

Back
Top Bottom