MOOBday - Stick to your guns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lil Yamaha 30th Anniversary Maple Custom goodness for ya?

30th_Anniversary-Maple_Custom-1.jpg

LarryMullen.jpg

LMJ-POP-tour-1.jpg

The only odd thing is that Larry didn't have the Brady snare drum 'refinished' a sparkle finish to match the rest of the kit.

WTF,Lawrence. W.T.F.!!! :angry:

(lol) :D:applaud:

I have to say that I am salivating just a little at all his geegaws and doodads. How I would love to explore that up close and see what all makes it up. :heart:

YES, I was! :lol:

:tsk:

This kit fascinates me:
YouTube - u2- i threw a brick outro
:ohmy:

That kit is Larry and his Tama FibreStar kit. Black finish. LMJ used a Tama FibreStar kit on the Boy and October tours. (Using two rack toms on the Boy tour and one on the October tour)

FibreStar were made in the 1970's to early 1980's. The shells were made of Black Fiberglass.

Larry had the tambourine on his hi-hat. He now has the ching-ring that attaches to the hi-hat stand rod. The woodblock was likely used for the counting/metronome like bit in "October".

The toms were singled headed (no bottom heads), which was the flavour of the day for many drummers in the 1970's; up to the early 1980's when that fell from fashion.

That kit is Larry and his Tama FibreStar kit. Black finish. LMJ used a Tama FibreStar kit on the Boy and October tours. (Using two rack toms on the Boy tour and one on the October tour)

FibreStar were made in the 1970's to early 1980's. The shells were made of Black Fiberglass.

Larry had the tambourine on his hi-hat. He now has the ching-ring that attaches to the hi-hat stand rod. The woodblock was likely used for the counting/metronome like bit in "October".

The toms were singled headed (no bottom heads), which was the flavour of the day for many drummers in the 1970's; up to the early 1980's when that fell from fashion.

:drool:

The wood block, the tambourine, the ching-ring . . . I am a total percussion whore.

Thanks Edge_Orchestra for all the info!! :applaud::applaud:

Does having a head at the bottom of the drum actually make a difference to the sound? Or is it just convienient that you can turn it round once one end gets worn out?

YES! even my sister is coming to Larry side... come on, stay with BONO. BONOOO! :reject::reject:
these new fans have a lot to learn :tsk: :tsk: :reject:

i want to see the U2's Top10 but youtube don't let me... :sad::sad::sad:

We can be neighbors! GH is moving there, too! :applaud: :hug:

:wave::applaud::D

It's like "Desperate Housewives", but we're all from the same household!!
:lol:

Wow, what I've missed since last night!

:hyper:

This will almost make up for me falling asleep on the couch between U2's Top Ten and "I'll Go Crazy" performance, which I totally missed and failed to tape... so no complete set for me. :sad:

I'm about to drop from lack of sleep from this week as it is!! :ohmy::sexywink:

:wave::applaud::D

It's like "Desperate Housewives", but we're all from the same household!!
:lol:

Wow, what I've missed since last night!

:hyper:

This will almost make up for me falling asleep on the couch between U2's Top Ten and "I'll Go Crazy" performance, which I totally missed and failed to tape... so no complete set for me. :sad:

I'm about to drop from lack of sleep from this week as it is!! :ohmy::sexywink:

YES :lmao:

Oh god u're all lucky. these episodes are out here only next month :ohmy::ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom