Miscellaneous Picture Mix #33

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few others of the 2003-2004 "Pride in the Name of Love" R&R HOF exhibit.

Some were from @U2 and some from (the now defunct) U2Guatemala

(Sorry if any are repeats)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

I went to see that exhibit. I snuck my camera in and got a pic of Larry's first drumkit. :shifty:

I touched Edge's popmart outfit just about everytime I went (two separate trips to Cleveland and 3 times each at the museum :reject: My friend had a membership discount or pass so it was cheap!). One time the security guard was hiding behind the corner and kept peering over and giving us the evil eye but never said anything. Most of the time I went the guard was in full view and still didn't say anything.

I went to the HOF about 2 years ago to see another favorite, the Clash. It was just on one floor, the 1st floor of the U2 exhibit. Really weird to walk through a place that used to be filled with U2 and see a different band but I enjoyed it all the same. It was also weird to see some of the U2 stuff on the lower level of the museum mixed in with other bands.

It's hard to believe that was 7 years ago, wow. It seems like yesterday. Cleveland I could pass up, but the HoF was definitely worth the trip. I was very thrilled to see my favorite Edge beanie there. :up: Thanks for the pics!

I had a great time looking at all them 'goodies'.

Needless to say... I was parked in front of the Rattle And Hum case with Edge's Fender "Clapton" model Stratocaster for at least an hour.

I may or may not have been plotting a way to 'free it from the confines of it's glass case'. Maybe. =O)

I like free-range Edge guitars. :up:

010.jpg

Other cool thing about that Strat is that is still had finger grime on the fretboard!

So perhaps (Scientists out there) one could gather enough DNA and make their very own The Edge?

Needless to say... I was parked in front of the Rattle And Hum case with Edge's Fender "Clapton" model Stratocaster for at least an hour.

I may or may not have been plotting a way to 'free it from the confines of it's glass case'. Maybe. =O)

I like free-range Edge guitars. :up:

010.jpg

I touched Edge's popmart outfit just about everytime I went (two separate trips to Cleveland and 3 times each at the museum :reject: My friend had a membership discount or pass so it was cheap!). One time the security guard was hiding behind the corner and kept peering over and giving us the evil eye but never said anything. Most of the time I went the guard was in full view and still didn't say anything.

I went to the HOF about 2 years ago to see another favorite, the Clash. It was just on one floor, the 1st floor of the U2 exhibit. Really weird to walk through a place that used to be filled with U2 and see a different band but I enjoyed it all the same. It was also weird to see some of the U2 stuff on the lower level of the museum mixed in with other bands.

LOL! Seriously we were on the u2 exhibit all day!! I felt like I was in U2 heaven! Im very much into details and I'm a very visual person so all the U2 stuff was a feast for my eyes! I read every letter studied every detail of every item, and when I came to the costume floor I was sqealed with delight!
I was there for the longest time and I was making my friend nervous because she knew I wanted to touch the blue Zoo outfit Bono wore, she was afraid I was going to get us kicked out, as soon as the guard got distracted I ran my fingers on the jacket pulled back quickly and giggled while my friend was spazzing out! :lol:
We were there 2 full days the second visit we went through the rest of the exhibits and ended with U2 again sadly parting from it.
And yeah! Edge's POP Mart outfit :drool: too bad the white one was not there. and Bono's bubble/muscle outfits :combust:

It's hard to believe that was 7 years ago, wow. It seems like yesterday. Cleveland I could pass up, but the HoF was definitely worth the trip. I was very thrilled to see my favorite Edge beanie there. :up: Thanks for the pics!

I would never had seen myself in Cleveland was it not for the exhibit :)
Bono's Joshua Tree Stetson :combust:

I like free-range Edge guitars.

[/IMG]

Im sure a lot of fans felt the need to free a lot of these treasures, I know I had my list :D

Yeah I noticed that right away too that Mike and Tre were not there, I guess Billie will represent though they only mention his name on the list, Anyway "BILLIE DYE YOUR HAIR BLACK AGAIN!!" :madwife:

:lol: the blonde doesn't really matter to me, but I'll agree, it looks better black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom