Miscellaneous Picture Mix #27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea1995.jpg

U2's Bono Calls Tom Jones A 'Sugar Daddy'
Singer reveals background to the track...

Tom Jones has admitted that he felt uncomfortable when U2's Bono wrote a song about him titled 'Sugar Daddy'.

The track, which features on Jones' new album '24 Hours', was written by Bono and his band mate The Edge after the pair met Jones in Dublin.

Although Jones is a fan of the song, he told Spinner that he was struck by the title.

"I said, 'Is that what you think of me?'” Jones said. “Bono said, 'I just like the sound of sugar daddy.'”

Jones said he was also worried that people might think he was boasting about his notorious personal life in some of the track's lyrics.

"When I first heard it, I said, 'I hope it [doesn't] come across [like I'm] blowing my own trumpet.' And Bono said, 'Well, you're the only guy that's got balls enough to sing this thing.' So, I said OK,” Jones said.

As previously reported on Festivalwise, Jones wowed his fans by busking on the streets of London yesterday afternoon (November 19th).

^ That has happened a lot, in other pictures, too, I don't like it.

There's something about this picture that I find strange and I don't like it much.

It's from Eoin Colfer's website. He is an Irish writer.

Eoin Colfer / Homepage

That's interesting, are Eoin and Bono friends then does anyone know? I was reading through his book Half Moon Investigates with one of my sons a while ago, and there were 2 fierce dogs in the book named Larry and Adam :lol: It made me chuckle at the time - maybe it's an inside joke going on :wink:

And that photo does it for me :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom