Memphis Eve and Blue Angel: Worthy Enough for ONTD's 20 Most Bizarre Baby Names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrARoundabout

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I DON'T THINK SO!

Here's why:

#1: Memphis Eve is such a pretty and unique name! I GOT YOUR BACK GIRLFRIEND! HELLLZ YEAH! And doesn't she go by just "Eve"...

#2: Blue Angel...how many of your friends are named, "Blue Angel"...

...none...

I THOUGHT SO! Edge can name his kids however the hell he wants, you know why?

BECAUSE HE'S THE F**KING EDGE! THAT'S WHY!

BTW: I think Maddox is an awesome name too, am I only one on that?

#11. Memphis Eve
Child Of: Bono
A pretentious baby name coming from a smug, pretentious man like Bono shouldn't be much of a surprise. The man does call himself Bono, after all. This is also the same person that bought a first-class plane ticket to transport his favorite hat to a concert location. But really, "Memphis Eve?" Does that even make sense? "One more day until Memphis, kids!"

#7. Blue Angel
Child Of: The Edge (From U2)
Not one, but two children of U2 band members making the list! Coincidence? We think not! It's telling that Edge could so easily have just left it at "Angel" and given the kid a perfectly normal name. Nope, he's The Edge and dammit, it's important the kid have a weird name that's difficult to explain, and reminds people of those stunt fighter pilots.

ontd: Top 20 Most Bizarre Baby Names
^Source

I just thought this article was funny, I never read anything about U2 on ONTD! Let alone their kids!

Do we really need that article? I don't think so.

I read about that poll months ago.

The first sentences about Bono say it all. This isn't about his girl's name. Bono could have named his kids as normally as the guy next door, still people would jump on it because he's Bono.

The names are beautiful, nothing weird about it.

There are some really bizarre names on that list, but I've never seen anything wrong with Memphis Eve. And I think Blue Angel is a beautiful name too, although I would never name my child with such unusual name.

there are worst names than those of the U2 kids!..Didnt some celeb name their kid PILOT INSPECTOR? and hw about HOPPER JACK! among the bizzrre are also Raul Rodriguez kids: ROCKET, REBEL, RACER and ROUGUE..
I'm all for not so common names myself and I know I mentioned this before, for being a fan of the book The Outsiders. remember Ponyboy and SodaPop?...Anyway I guess There is a limit you should with names taking in mind that your kid is going to be teased or popular with a odd ball name.

Personally I like the names Memphis Eve and Blue Angel.....

Lets not forget Bob Geldofs kids name choices too

I so dislike Bruce and Demis kids names, Rumor, Scout, Tallulah among others..

there are worst names than those of the U2 kids!..Didnt some celeb name their kid PILOT INSPECTOR? and hw about HOPPER JACK! among the bizzrre are also Raul Rodriguez kids: ROCKET, REBEL, RACER and ROUGUE..
I'm all for not so common names myself and I know I mentioned this before, for being a fan of the book The Outsiders. remember Ponyboy and SodaPop?...Anyway I guess There is a limit you should with names taking in mind that your kid is going to be teased or popular with a odd ball name.

Hopper Jack is Sean Penn and Robin Wright-Penn's son. He was named after Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson, I believe. I don't know why they couldn't have switched those 2 names around.:lol: Their daughter is named Dylan, I think, which I tend to associate with guys, but whatever. I really like the name Blue Angel. And as for Bono, she only goes by Eve, anyway. :shrug:

There are some really bizarre names on that list, but I've never seen anything wrong with Memphis Eve. And I think Blue Angel is a beautiful name too, although I would never name my child with such unusual name.

The name BLU ANGEL comes from the Roy Orbison song of the same name. Blue being born around the time that Edge and Bono were working with Roy, if memory serves.

did u know that here in Brazil, there are people who put names like: Aspirin, Tylenol, VAGINA! :ohmy::ohmy: and they're complaining about BLUE ANGEL AND MEMPHIS EVE?

well but is not so commom to see those names here too you find but...but I think is has crayz names in all over places but those names blue angel and Menphis evie is not the wost

did u know that here in Brazil, there are people who put names like: Aspirin, Tylenol, VAGINA! :ohmy::ohmy: and they're complaining about BLUE ANGEL AND MEMPHIS EVE?

WTF!

LOLO, thats hilarious!

I personally love the named, "Memphis Eve"...it's so pretty!

Weird names or not, it's more weird to me when people take names out of context, try to make a statement about a name that they don't even have right. If I was always referred to by my first AND middle name, yeah I'd probably make that list too!

Meh, people will take what they can to rag on people. God knows they need all they can get with the likes of bono, the little shit doesnt do anything incriminating. :madwife:

I like the kids names though. :)

Isn't Memphis Eve Memphis "Eve" cos Bono got the line wrong in Pride?

No, Bono gives the explaination in U2 by U2 page 216.

"She arrived on the seventh minute of the seventh hour of the seventh day of the seventh month. So we called her Eve, which is the center of the word seven."

He doesn't say anything about why Memphis but I think I remember reading somewhere that it was where she was conceived. Don't remember where I saw that though.

Dana

He doesn't say anything about why Memphis but I think I remember reading somewhere that it was where she was conceived. Don't remember where I saw that though.

Dana

Id love to read that! ive never heard or read anthing from Bono mentioning Memphis at all, i think its a beautiful name

No, Bono gives the explaination in U2 by U2 page 216.

"She arrived on the seventh minute of the seventh hour of the seventh day of the seventh month. So we called her Eve, which is the center of the word seven."

Dana

Also.. he wanted to give his kids biblical names, so that maybe narrowed the list. (dunno if they had this intention from the start or maybe that the first 2 came from the bible by coincidence and then they looked for specific names when the boys came along..)

Blue Angel is a little odd, yes. But at least it's not Clymidia (sp?) or Gonorrhea..
True story, I've heard of people naming their kids this because they 'look pretty' on paper.

I'm always like, "You want to sleep with one eye open. Your kid will kill you as soon as they get sex ed."

I agree, Edge could have left it at 'Angel', personally, but I don't think it's the worst name ever.

And I actually /like/ Memphis Eve. That's actually nice. Elijah, however..that poor kid. Only twenty middle names. Holy crap Bono! Could we not have settled for two at the most?:p

Blue Angel is a little odd, yes. But at least it's not Clymidia (sp?) or Gonorrhea..
True story, I've heard of people naming their kids this because they 'look pretty' on paper.

I'm always like, "You want to sleep with one eye open. Your kid will kill you as soon as they get sex ed."

I agree, Edge could have left it at 'Angel', personally, but I don't think it's the worst name ever.

And I actually /like/ Memphis Eve. That's actually nice. Elijah, however..that poor kid. Only twenty middle names. Holy crap Bono! Could we not have settled for two at the most?:p

My ex roomate when I live in Louisiana worked for the Food Stamp office as a case worker. Some of the names were unbelievable. I had another friend who owned a jewelry store and was telling us about two girls who came in to fill out applications whose names were Orangejello and Lemonjello. They were twins. We were like "no way" but another friend was cracking up telling us that he had gone to school with those girls.

Best story though was the woman who claimed her husband who had been dead for ten years was the father of her new baby. When told this was not possible she got extremely upset and said, "Haven't you ever heard of dormant sperm?".

Dana

Back
Top Bottom