Magnificent cover picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems my first instinct was correct? Looks like The Edge is toting a Gretsch Irish Falcon in the Magnificent video (I saw this in the Behind the Scenes bit on U2.com). The one he has doesn't have the writing on the pickguard. But Bono had a few without "The GOAL is SOUL" that I've seen in Fez recording era pictures.

So is the guitar Bono's or The Edge's? Not certain. But it wouldn't be the first time that The Edge has used one of Bono's guitars for a video shoot.

Other examples?:
"Night And Day" - Bono's late `50's red Chet Atkins
"The Ground Beneath Her Feet" - Bono's blue sparkle Gibson ES-175

Adam is using his Gibson RD bass. Another, until recently, rare siting.

Looking forward to seeing the final product/video.

Yeah your totally right on the bass, I'm glad to see it!
I'm really hoping he brings it on tour too.

I don´t like this song very much i in fact jump it in the cd but it is very nice the behind the scenes and it looks that the vid is going to be good for the frist time in moths i listen to the music and even like

I probably wouldn't survive it either! :lol: :faint:

The Batman guitar! :hyper: *sings Batman theme*

:lmao:

I wouldn't survive that. Especially not if he uses it for IGCIIDGCT! :combust:

I should stop looking up that bass and see the price. :sad:

I know :sigh:,we can dream about the guitars and imagine ourselves with them,but that all fades to nothing when it comes to the price sometimes...:hug:

I really need to get my Stagemaster fixed up painted with new strings and everything,and I need to buy a better acoustic guitar...:crazy::crack:

:lmao:

I know :sigh:,we can dream about the guitars and imagine ourselves with them,but that all fades to nothing when it comes to the price sometimes...:hug:

I really need to get my Stagemaster fixed up painted with new strings and everything,and I need to buy a better acoustic guitar...:crazy::crack:

I'll just keep hoping that I'll win the lottery some day. :wink:

:reject: I totally still need a bass amp, and perhaps I should get an accoustic bass some day, but now my Dublin trip is really in the first place.
Am gladly getting extra hours so hopefully that bass amp isn't too far away!

The Buzzard sadly enough is. :sad:

4guitars.jpg

Edge is allowed to 'borrow' any of my guitars, just like he borrows Bono's, as long as he has Dallas work on set them up to specs and a fresh set o' strings.

What is the silver signature on the Taylor acoustic to the far left, you ask? That there was signed by Mr. Daniel Lanois. More recently, it has been signed by Michael Stipe (R.E.M.) and Scott McCaughey (R.E.M. touring guitarist)

L-R: Taylor Big Baby, Gibson J-185 12-string, 1976 Gibson Explorer and 1998 Fender Eric Clapton mofel Stratocaster. (T'is a mere 4 of the 11 of the lovelies.)[/SIZE]

:applaud::up::D:hyper::wave:

But I've heard equally as many that love that his hair is Popmart short.

But assuredly, each of the ladies has their preference of what version of Bono they love most. For some it's long hair leather vested JT/R&H Bono. Others might prefer short-hair Popmart Bono. And yet others, Fly spectacled ZOO era Bono. And lest we forget, Aladdin Sane Mullet Bono.

Either way, he's the same Bono - a good guy that sings songs we love and does lots of good things for people less fortunate.

Sigh...good point. Very good point. Just miss the hair...

I stand corrected... t'is a Country Club in the Mag vid.

Behind the Scenes: Magnificent = Country Club it is!

1:52 into the video you get a good look at the pickups - which are DynaSonics and not the FliterTrons of the Irish Falcon.

Per Gretsch Pages:

"Cadillac Green" finish when combined with the brilliant gold hardware made this guitar both visually stunning and worthy of being displayed at any art museum. Now, the classic Cadillac Green Gretsch Country Club is back!

Features include:
DynaSonic™ (2) single-coil pickups = CHECK
"G" long tailpiece = CHECK
adjustable bridge = CHECK
detailed binding = CHECK
and enough gold hardware to make Fort Knox envious = And CHECK

4guitars.jpg

Edge is allowed to 'borrow' any of my guitars, just like he borrows Bono's, as long as he has Dallas work on set them up to specs and a fresh set o' strings.

What is the silver signature on the Taylor acoustic to the far left, you ask? That there was signed by Mr. Daniel Lanois. More recently, it has been signed by Michael Stipe (R.E.M.) and Scott McCaughey (R.E.M. touring guitarist)

L-R: Taylor Big Baby, Gibson J-185 12-string, 1976 Gibson Explorer and 1998 Fender Eric Clapton mofel Stratocaster. (T'is a mere 4 of the 11 of the lovelies.)[/SIZE]

:applaud::up::D:hyper::wave:

DUUUUUUDE!! That Strat and Explorer are just :drool::drool: What type of Strat is that one? Not bad acoustics either.

Is there SOUND for this video? For some reason I am not hearing any. Am I doing something incorrectly or just no sound.

There is sound! It's the album version of Magnificent, however I tried watching it at work today and got NO sound so it might be your connection.

There is sound! It's the album version of Magnificent, however I tried watching it at work today and got NO sound so it might be your connection.

Hmmm....??? It didn't work for me at home or at work. Feck. I will have to try again in a bit.

Isn't the part of the point of getting access to "Exclusive" video to be able to see and hear it? Hahahaha... I blame Sebastian. (Kidding)

I really like this version, not the official video but an alternate version for sure. Wish I could figure out how to download it :hmm:

DUUUUUUDE!! That Strat and Explorer are just :drool::drool: What type of Strat is that one? Not bad acoustics either.

That there Stratocaster is a 1998 Eric Clapton Stratocaster. The only thing missing to make it more Edge-like is the snake and skeleton graphic painted on it. The Clapton comes with the `50's style all white pickguard but that was boring so I went with the white pearl. Sexy, no? :D

The Explorer is not mere an Explorer it's the 'real deal', 1976 Gibson Limited Edition Explorer - same make-model-vintage as The Edge's.

Melissa bought me that. She'd remembered an old story I told her. She was looking through my old U2 magazines. This was around 1992. She Edge on the cover of the 1985 Guitar Player magazine. She said: Edge had hair?! Gotta laugh outta that. I said: Yep. And if I ever learn to play guitar, I want one of 'those' (pointing out the Explorer in Edge's hands). Shoot to 2003... I go to Marin to visit her parents. I didn't know Melissa would be there. While we'd not dated since 1997, we are still the best of friends. So while at her parents I hear the front door open - it was Melissa. She asked me to help get her bags from the cab. I went outside and she pulled the first bag out, leaving a guitarcase for me to pull out. I asked: Ummm, what is that? She said: You'll see! Bring it inside, I want my mom to see the look on your face. I answered with a puzzled: huh??? We got inside and I opened the case to see the Explorer inside and a copy of the 1985 Guitar Player magazine (that she'd obained somewhere)... on the magazine was a post it note that said "You mean like THIS guitar"? 10+ years later and she remembered a conversation that even I'd forgotten about. Needless to say, I was overjoyed.

...Oh yeah, and don't think she was richly rewarded! I think the Coach purse and wallet were a good start.

I think I might be able to download it :ohmy: I'm trying right now. (I know bonogirl777 posted an upload earlier but I tried hers and it seems the file was 5 minutes of blank screen and no sound.) That may be all I'm getting too, we'll see :lol:

Back
Top Bottom