Magnificent cover picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! Amazing story. I hope you held onto this woman. And yes a pearloid pickguard always livens things up, I traded the boring white for a pearl on my tele and now everyone asks if it's custom shop.

Actually, she bought me the Explorer years after we stopped dating. But we are still "like peas and carrots", as Forest Gump would say. Polly is one of the most amazing people I ever met and someone that I am grateful to call friend.

What Tele do you have and what finish?

(Sorry for going to off topic here...)

Oh wait, The "Magnificent" remixes are pretty great. I am usually not such a fan of the DJ mixes but these are actually sort of cool. They are not quite as great as the Extended "Lady With The Spinning Head" mix but they are not as abysmal as the Mofo mixes. (So sad about those... tsk tsk)

What Tele do you have and what finish?

(Sorry for going to off topic here...)

'97 American standard in Inca Silver w/ a Glendale bridge.

And to stay on topic, I first thought the green Gretsch was the same one Edge played on "Two Shots of Happy, " and the One performance with Eno and Pavarotti, but it's a different model entirely. Oh, and there was a Magnificent remix played on Morning Becomes Eclectic this morning on KCRW here in LA--they're not big U2 fans, but the new MBE host does play the remixes.

'97 American standard in Inca Silver w/ a Glendale bridge.

And to stay on topic, I first thought the green Gretsch was the same one Edge played on "Two Shots of Happy, " and the One performance with Eno and Pavarotti, but it's a different model entirely. Oh, and there was a Magnificent remix played on Morning Becomes Eclectic this morning on KCRW here in LA--they're not big U2 fans, but the new MBE host does play the remixes.

The guitar used by Edge in the "Magnificent" video (Gretsch Country Club) is the same model he used with Eno/Pavarotti. I am also pretty certain it is the same guitar (The back of the neck on both have the finish removed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4geUoG1gsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqkNmYYDJt4

mag_edge2.jpg

As for "Two Shots of Happy", I don't know if I've seen footage of that so I can't say.

And yep, KCRW are not U2 fans but they still have a great show. I heard Nic Harcourt left a while back. He was cool. They do like Danny Lanois, who has performed in studio on a few occasions.

The guitar used by Edge in the "Magnificent" video (Gretsch Country Club) is the same model he used with Eno/Pavarotti. I am also pretty certain it is the same guitar (The back of the neck on both have the finish removed).

YouTube - U2( Bono and The Edge) & Brian Eno-One live from Modena 95

YouTube - U2, Brian Eno, And Pavarotti (The Passengers) - Miss Serajevo

mag_edge2.jpg

As for "Two Shots of Happy", I don't know if I've seen footage of that so I can't say.

And yep, KCRW are not U2 fans but they still have a great show. I heard Nic Harcourt left a while back. He was cool. They do like Danny Lanois, who has performed in studio on a few occasions.

Could Edge look MORE like a badass walking out on stage? :up: :cool:

Yeah, you're right (as usual with gear questions), how did I miss the stripped necks? :doh:

The new KCRW guy seems more U2-friendly than Nic Harcourt was. He's been playing remixes of Boots and Magnificent.

Back
Top Bottom