MacPhisto Martini Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

opaltranquility

Acrobat
Hello Pleba ladies. It's been a long time, and probably no one remembers me but that's ok. I have a request!! I'm looking for audio or video of MacPhisto singing the martini song. Maybe some of my former MacPhisto Society comrades can point me in the right direction??? I want to make it into a ringtone for my dear friend FishNeedsABicycle

Thanks!!

~sara

Hello Pleba ladies. It's been a long time, and probably no one remembers me but that's ok. I have a request!! I'm looking for audio or video of MacPhisto singing the martini song. Maybe some of my former MacPhisto Society comrades can point me in the right direction??? I want to make it into a ringtone for my dear friend FishNeedsABicycle

Thanks!!

~sara

I have it. :wave: I'll upload it and post the link. It's a 6 minute audio track though if that's ok. I don't have a way to cut just the song clip right now, but maybe someone else here can!

I don't have a cut version either. It's the Macphisto speech from his birthday '93 Rotterdam, right before he calls a flight attendant. ;)

And since this IS pleba... :mac:

macphistocouchpillowgoldfingers.jpg

BonoMcPhistoDublin1993Col.jpg

machphisto7.jpg

bonomac.jpg

macphistoblackwhite.gif

McPhistoRome1993.jpg

macphistowet.jpg

Sweeeeeet thank you!! I knew I could count on pleba. The length is no problem I can cut it up to the right size.

And I was gonna post my fav Mac pic with my first post but it's been so long I couldn't remember how hahah. There are some new ones in there I hadn't seen before, but this one is my fav:

macphisto_mag.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance but I can't figure out who that man on the three little pictures is.

I've been wondering about that for years. I'd love to know the symbolism behind that.

According to U2faqs.com, he was an opera singer

7. Who's in the picture on MacPhisto's dressing table in the Sydney Zoo TV video?

Mario Lanza. He was an American opera-style singer in the 1950s. He had no formal training but sang in a light operatic style in several MGM musicals. He was touted as "the American Caruso." In fact, Mario was a truck driver from Philadelphia and could handle neither the stress of fame nor MGM's insistence that he sing like Caruso but weigh only slightly more than his leading ladies. He died of a heart attack in his mid 30's. Bono said in an interview with Spin magazine that Mario Lanza's singing impressed him as a child. [CB, MJS]

link: U2: U2faqs.com - Videography FAQ

Back
Top Bottom