Looking for photos of Achtung Baby album cover Trabant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bleedin

Babyface
Hello fellow U2:ers!

Me and a friend is thinking about creating a Achtung Baby Trabant replica. We have the car but we can't find that many photos of the original car other than the ones on the Achtung Baby album and single sleeves. And that is the car we are aiming for.

achtungbaby_albumphoto5_640.jpg

Does anybody have more photos of this car or know where to find them? Please let us know.

Anyone knows what happened to the original Trabant?

I do have many photos of the painted Trabant that are included in much of the Achtung Baby box set materials, however I'm not sure it is painted exactly the same as you are looking for. The car painted in the promo shots taken in various locations looks a little different than the one they are posed in in the studio shots which were cut up and used for the sleeves. it could be the same car, but I'm not sure. In the book U2 & i, Anton Corbijn seems to speak about the car that is photographed in the outdoor shots as the same car the band was photographed in in the indoor studio shots used for the covers, but again, i really can't say for sure if it is the same. I can just post the photos and you can decide. ;)

I only have this one right now, but tomorrow I can scan many more, all in color.

This is the car in the outdoor shots:

ABTrabantACAB.jpg~original

I can post many more color shots of this car a little later.

These are the studio shots from the album covers:

ABCover11.jpg~original

u2absinglestogether.jpg~original

It does look to be a different car or different paint job, even though AC seems to say it is the same car in U2 & i.

Thank you for the images.
If you have more pictures I'm absolutely interested.

Hi! I just want to let you know I am still working on the images. It's taking me a little longer than I thought to get them but I will post them today for sure. :)

Ok here they are, some of them are quite big!

This first set was photographed in Berlin, early 1991. The first photo is in front of Hansa Studios.

Trabant1.jpg~original

This is a close up, one photo split into 2 pieces because it was too big to scan the whole thing. There is some overlap between the two photos where they meet in the center, of course!

Trabant10a.jpg~original

Trabant10b.jpg~original

Back
Top Bottom