Looking for a funny photo of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungDude

The Fly
I'm looking for a photo of Bono from the ZooTV era. The mic on his headset looks like a mustache popular in Germany in the late 30's and early 40's :D
And he's got his arm in a pose that was quite popular at the same time... At least in Germany. And don't say that I'm being rude to the germans, because I'm partly german myself.

I think what you mean is a pic from Bullet the Blue Sky, and yes, it was supposed to look like that. Also, if you pay attention to the fire in the background, they turn to swastikas later too, which had U2 almost sued since that image is forbidden in Germany.
I'm afraid I can't find it right now, I'll search, or perhaps someone else can find it in the meantime...

This is probably not exactly the pic your'e looking for, coz I personally don't see how this could possibly interpreted as being 'funny'! :huh: But here's Bono wearing the headset while singing Bullet the blue sky....

IMG_0002-1.jpg

I have been looking through my pictures for you but so far have not found one like that. If I do I'll let you know.

it wasn't meant to look like the mustache, that's not what I meant. What I meant is the arm movement. Keep in mind that this was fairly right after the Berlin Wall got teared down. In Germany there were protest marches by neo nazis and others opposed to the tearing down. I think that the whole scéne during Bullet, with the swastikas and Bono's arm were kind of a protest against that.

Gg, now that you're describing the picture more, I do remember seeing it several years ago at a U2 fansite and I really think that it was posted in Pleba but I couldn't tell you more than that.

This was done at a time in the early 1990's when Europe was having a lot of racial problems and Bono did this parody of nazism I think as a rebuke of the racial intolerance that he was seeing around him.

At least, that's my take on the picture. :up:

This was done at a time in the early 1990's when Europe was having a lot of racial problems and Bono did this parody of nazism I think as a rebuke of the racial intolerance that he was seeing around him.

At least, that's my take on the picture. :up:

No, he was actually a Nazi.

Back
Top Bottom