Leather Day: Remember when............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonoguitar.jpg

That there is Bono with his Gibson Everly Brothers model acoustic. I don't remember seeing him play this live, although he may have, on occasion, during the Joshua Tree tour.

Gibson Everly Brothers were originally produced between 1962 and 1972. They are similar in shape and size to a Gibson J-200 (Like the Towshend model J-200 Edge used during the Vertigo tour)

ipod26.jpg

During the late 50s , early 60s the everly brothers played on customized gibson j-200 guitars and were at their height of their popularity with hit songs such as "bye bye love" and "wake-up little suzie"

As a result of the everly brothers' ongoing fame and success , gibson decided to team up with the duo to create a new artist gibson model in 1962 that was very similar to the j-185 but with a thinner body .

The everly brothers guitar was 16 inches wide , the guitar was slightly smaller than the j-200 which was 17 " across the lower bout , it had an adjustable saddle , strings ran through the bridge,pearl star inlays on a rosewood fingerboard , mahogany neck , dual extended tourtoise pickguards, mahogany neck , spruce top maple back/sides , and were made in black finishes .

In 1963 Natural tops were available with red back and sides and during the late 60s natural tops with walnut back and sides were also optional . Discontinued in 1972 .

The gibson everly brothers guitar is very appealing visually ( beautiful ) and is highly sought after by collectors and guitar players .

The construction and quality of gibsons' jumbo acoustic guitars during the 40s and 50s such as the j-200 and the j-185 are highly regarded and considered well made instruments ,

however many collectors and players find gibson acoustic flat top guitars made in the early 60s inferior in tone because of the adjustable bridges used at the time .

In 1986 gibson introduced a reissue of the 1962 gibson everly brothers and renamed it the j-180 , the same reissue was renamed everly brothers in 1992 and renamed again the everly
in 1994 and back to j-180.

What's it worth?
Vintage Price Value For 2007 :
1962 - 1964 > $8500 to $9500
1965 - 1967 > $6500 to $7000
1968 - 1972 > $3500 to $4000
1986 - 1999 > $1400 to $1500 ( reissue j-180 )

...I know, I know... like that old song by Styx, I've got "Too much time on my hands".

Bonoguitar.jpg

That there is Bono with his Gibson Everly Brothers model acoustic. I don't remember seeing him play this live, although he may have, on occasion, during the Joshua Tree tour.

Gibson Everly Brothers were originally produced between 1962 and 1972. They are similar in shape and size to a Gibson J-200 (Like the Towshend model J-200 Edge used during the Vertigo tour)

ipod26.jpg

During the late 50s , early 60s the everly brothers played on customized gibson j-200 guitars and were at their height of their popularity with hit songs such as "bye bye love" and "wake-up little suzie"

As a result of the everly brothers' ongoing fame and success , gibson decided to team up with the duo to create a new artist gibson model in 1962 that was very similar to the j-185 but with a thinner body .

The everly brothers guitar was 16 inches wide , the guitar was slightly smaller than the j-200 which was 17 " across the lower bout , it had an adjustable saddle , strings ran through the bridge,pearl star inlays on a rosewood fingerboard , mahogany neck , dual extended tourtoise pickguards, mahogany neck , spruce top maple back/sides , and were made in black finishes .

In 1963 Natural tops were available with red back and sides and during the late 60s natural tops with walnut back and sides were also optional . Discontinued in 1972 .

The gibson everly brothers guitar is very appealing visually ( beautiful ) and is highly sought after by collectors and guitar players .

The construction and quality of gibsons' jumbo acoustic guitars during the 40s and 50s such as the j-200 and the j-185 are highly regarded and considered well made instruments ,

however many collectors and players find gibson acoustic flat top guitars made in the early 60s inferior in tone because of the adjustable bridges used at the time .

In 1986 gibson introduced a reissue of the 1962 gibson everly brothers and renamed it the j-180 , the same reissue was renamed everly brothers in 1992 and renamed again the everly
in 1994 and back to j-180.

What's it worth?
Vintage Price Value For 2007 :
1962 - 1964 > $8500 to $9500
1965 - 1967 > $6500 to $7000
1968 - 1972 > $3500 to $4000
1986 - 1999 > $1400 to $1500 ( reissue j-180 )

...I know, I know... like that old song by Styx, I've got "Too much time on my hands".

Sorry, but I'm not even looking at the guitars . . . . I just ignore all that.

I haven't read this entire thread,I only just looked at the first and final pages, and although I do like the pics when they did a preview of HTDAAB in New York and the Live 8 photo's, I do think his face looked older. Nowadys I thnk his face looks more refreshed, even 2 years ago he looked better than he did in 2004/5. Sometimes people use hair to cover up their face because they lack confidence. When my mum had her hair really short she told me about the amount of women who told her that they would love to have their hair short but they lack the confidence needed of not hiding the face. My mum fancies this guy on TV. Art Marick I think his name is even though he's bald. She says on screen he oozes charm, sophistication, sex appeal and is handsome. It's only hair.

Back
Top Bottom