Larry's fireworks production

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abelives

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
GAA celebrates 125 years with Croker celebration - The Irish Times - Sat, Jan 31, 2009

GAA celebrates 125 years with Croker celebration

The GAA tonight celebrated its 125th anniversary with a spectacular lights and fireworks show in Croke Park following a closely fought game between Dublin and Tyrone that the visitors won by 1-18 to 1-16.

An “Iconic moments” show, featuring GAA highlights, over the years was screened, as part of the 125 Spectacle Event, and this was followed by a 20-minute lighting and fireworks extravaganza that saw the stadium bathed in a range of colours to a musical accompaniment.

U2 drummer Larry Mullen produced the soundtrack for the lighting and fireworks display, which included tracks from, among others, U2, Snow Patrol, the Cranberries, and the Waterboys.

A bilingual tribute to the GAA was provided by commentator Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh, and at one point an extract from fomer US president John F. Kennedy's speech to the Dáil was played over the PA system.

Earlier on the pitch, the new Dublin management under Pat Gilroy had lost a closely fought game to Tyrone, who posted a number of scores as the match appeared heading Dublin's way toward the final whistle.

Throw-in for the game was at 7.30pm, although festivities started at 6.30pm, with television presenter Hector Ó hEochagáin overseeing events. Half-time entertainment came from Sharon Shannon and Mundy.

Traffic delays can be expected in Drumcondra and in the area surrounding Croke Park this evening.

YouTube - The Fireworks in Croker 125th anniversary :)

Pay no attention to the bowsies talking over the video :sexywink:

do you know who sings the "piano version" of Pride? I don't think it's Bono... :hmm:

by the way, I love that guy who only knows the line "in the name of love" and decides to sing it at the top of his lungs. that's how I used to sing Christmas carols as a child :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom