Larry interviewed at Half of Knicks game at MSG (3/4/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uh ... what? He could very easily have been wasted there. He was fucking dancing with the interviewer.

Let me say that again: Larry Mullen Jr. was dancing with the interviewer.

I think he was trashed.

They were rocking back and forth, not doing the Watusi. He seemed happy and relaxed.

I don't think he'd have a problem walking a straight line and touching his nose.

Perhaps it's your preconceived notions of what Larry Mullen is supposed to act like that has you so convinced. Look a little more closely at the interviews for the past 30 years - he's a dead funny guy.

They were rocking back and forth, not doing the Watusi. He seemed happy and relaxed.

I don't think he'd have a problem walking a straight line and touching his nose.

Perhaps it's your preconceived notions of what Larry Mullen is supposed to act like that has you so convinced. Look a little more closely at the interviews for the past 30 years - he's a dead funny guy.

:yes::up:

Thanks for the vid Chazman! He's just too cute! :love:

So true. I think people exagerate so much about larry. I've seen many pics of him smiling and all on the last few years. People talk about him as if he is a mummy but he's been displaying his sense of humour and personality for quite some time now. He is just shy and probably feels socially unconfortable like so many other artists. His answers on the NLOTH box set interview shows a little more depth to him. Also on the Culture show he gave some cool answers.

I have this theory that Larry is more himself when he is doing interviews by Edge's side (and probably Adam too) but he tries a bit too hard when he is with Bono and comes off a bit weird. Many interviews from the Vertigo Tour era had Larry with Bono and he was like that. this time around I think it will be by Edge's side.

So true. I think people exagerate so much about larry. I've seen many pics of him smiling and all on the last few years. People talk about him as if he was a mummy but he's been displaying his sense of humour and personality for quite some time now. He is just shy and probably feels socially unconfortable like so many other artists. His answers on the NLOTH box set interview shows a little more depth to him. Also on the Culture show he gave some cool answers.

I have this theory that Larry is more himself when he is doing interviews by Edge's side (and probably Adam too) but he tries a bit too hard when he is with Bono and comes off a bit weird. Many interviews from the Vertigo Tour era had Larry with Bono and he was like that. this time around I think it will be by Edge's side.

It is rather hard to get a word in edgewise around Bono! :lol: :blahblah:

But seriously, I think that Bono actually stepped in for Larry when he could see that Larry was uncomfortable answering a question, whether because he didn't want to answer that particular question or didn't want to speak publicly. Larry often seemed relieved when he would go to open his mouth and Bono's voice would come out.

Larry's been a private person since the days of Mt. Temple so he hasn't been in the forefront like certain people :bono: but he's often very funny in interviews and he is rather something at the one-liner. He's got a wry sense of humor that is easy to dismiss as being churlish, but the man is REALLY. FUNNY.

Uh... what? He could very easily have not been "wasted" there. Did he slur his words during the interview? Seem less than coherent or articulate? No? It was just because, in your estimation, he danced with the interviewer, that was your proof?!?

Just how old are you, phillyfan, btw? Lot's of experience here, eh?

:hug:

Does anyone have the link to the NLOTH box set interview? Somehow I missed that :sad:
thanks!

So true. I think people exagerate so much about larry. I've seen many pics of him smiling and all on the last few years. People talk about him as if he is a mummy but he's been displaying his sense of humour and personality for quite some time now. He is just shy and probably feels socially unconfortable like so many other artists. His answers on the NLOTH box set interview shows a little more depth to him. Also on the Culture show he gave some cool answers.

Thanks for posting! I always forget how funny and quick-witted Larry is, coz he normally can't get a word in Edgeways.

Carp..noticed put wrong date in thread title...if some kind soul could change date to 03/04/09 :heart:

Uh ... what? He could very easily have been wasted there. He was fucking dancing with the interviewer.

Let me say that again: Larry Mullen Jr. was dancing with the interviewer.

I think he was trashed.

:heart:

Uh... what? He could very easily have not been "wasted" there. Did he slur his words during the interview? Seem less than coherent or articulate? No? It was just because, in your estimation, he danced with the interviewer, that was your proof?!?

Just how old are you, phillyfan, btw? Lot's of experience here, eh?

Relax.

Jesus it is like a brand new Larry the past few weeks! :ohmy: You couldn't stop him talking over here :lol:

Definitely. I LOVE his sense of humor. He was great last night too on Letterman :lol:

I've been embarrassed watching interviews where the "reporter" completely cuts Larry off mid-sentence to ask Bono a question, or INTRODUCES LARRY AS ADAM CLAYTON - and then neglects to correct his error.

It's good to see Larry enjoying some of the spotlight. It is long overdue. :applaud:

He wasn't wasted. He was nervous and had maybe had a beer or two, but that's not wasted. Kind of cool to see him talking, tbh.

Cute! :heart:

I found a pic of him from the basketball game:

340xlar.jpg

Yanno, I suspect Larry likes pretty female reporters...

And I think he wasn't at all drunk, just in a good mood.
Although I could see how people would say he was, because folks aren't used to seeing him be so openly friendly to anyone for any reason. Maybe he's just starting to r e la x a bit as he gets older. Not so worried about things, or something.

That was cute, though, when he was goofing around with the reporter. Yay Larry not freezing.

Back
Top Bottom