Killing Bono - Photos from the Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I think it's gonna be in the middle: maybe not available in every theatre, but not a 'festivals / teeny arthousey type thing'. Or at least it looks like it from my pov :hmm:

Does someone know for sure??

Hopefully it will show up on my Comcast box, that's how I got the movie that Eve was in (and it even let me tape it!).

12840_195332234396_192657544396_3020553_6742856_n.jpg

I think this is a u2 gig, I see a blonde Fro, Edge up front , he basically wore white blouses all the time. An I think I spot the Bono in a black turtleneck.

Can't be...I mean where is Edges warhorse Vox AC30 amplifier?
He only started using the Marshall's :)madspit: :reject: :)) the last couple of years I believe (E_O, confrim/deny?)

:no:
marshall-amp.jpg

:yes::drool:
edge-ac30-460-100-460-70.jpg

Yeah, I wonder hw detailed the stage setups are gonna be, It would be cool if U2 let them use their amps. But yeah, those Amps are like Edge's second wife ? Would he let them :hmm:

Dramatic finish to Belfast's Killing Bono movie

Feb 19 2010

bono_202481s.jpg

The sounds of car crashing and classic U2 tunes reverberated around Belfast city centre last night — as the final scenes of the movie Killing Bono were shot in Belfast.

With Joshua Tree LP adverts, retro wear and vintage cars, Royal Avenue, Library Street and Little Donegall Street were made over to look like 1980s Dublin.

During almost six hours of filming, the Belfast crew captured what one insider described as “the biggest scene in the film”.

Filming of the story, set around the formative school years of the Dublin supergroup, whose hits include I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, has been taking place across Belfast for weeks.

It tells the story from the point of view of the less successful rival band which a classmate of Bono’s, Neil McCormick and his brother, set up in the late 1970s.

At around 11pm last night the film's main character McCormick, played by Ben Barnes, was filmed racing to the Frames Complex in search of Bono.

Unfortunately he doesn't make it, instead smashing into a parked car outside the venue.

Location manager Andrew Wilson described last night's filming as “action-packed”.

He said: “These scenes make up the penultimate scenes of the film.

“They are crucial to the overall theme and are very exciting. We are, as you can see, taking over much of Royal Avenue.”

The Bono character was sadly nowhere to be seen, but that didn't discourage onlookers who lined the streets to catch a glimpse of the actors.

Described as a low budget film, Killing Bono is the latest in an increasingly long line of film productions to hit the streets of the Belfast.

Mr Wilson described the film industry here as “booming”.

He said: “Northern Ireland is popular because crews can be within pretty much anywhere within an hour. That means they can move from a city to the country in that short space of time.

“When time is money — as it is within the film industry — that becomes hugely important. Film crews can fly into Belfast and be on the Antrim Coast in under an hour. There is a huge amount of money to be made in the industry here — thankfully the Northern Ireland film industry has never been stronger.”

Killing Bono wraps on Saturday morning and its expected release date is later in the summer.

bono_201901s.jpg

Read more: Dramatic finish to Belfast's Killing Bono movie - News, Film & TV - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Car crash while searching for B ? :ohmy:
I have a feeling the film is not going to be like the book:D

There is actually a car crash in the book, maybe not looking after B, but ...I dont want to be a spoiler for the ones who didnt read it...

BTW I have re read it and I was laughing like mad. A great read, hope the film is also a good watch!!!

There is actually a car crash in the book, maybe not looking after B, but ...I dont want to be a spoiler for the ones who didnt read it...

BTW I have re read it and I was laughing like mad. A great read, hope the film is also a good watch!!!

Yes I know, I've read the book :sexywink:

I dindn't read the book yet, but this is really a good time to go and read it I think.

^ I think it's gonna be in the middle: maybe not available in every theatre, but not a 'festivals / teeny arthousey type thing'. Or at least it looks like it from my pov :hmm:

Does someone know for sure??

thanks lovely :) . . .will be checking here in syderneeeee town once we find out the release in europe and the us :up:

Hopefully it will show up on my Comcast box, that's how I got the movie that Eve was in (and it even let me tape it!).

comcast??? :reject: *runstogoogle* :D

The book is great, I'm sure you're gonna love it :up:

it really is a fantastic read :yes: even if you are not a bonophile it's written in a style that really transcends the u2 fan base :)

^Me 2!

I hope they don't give us a release date...and then push it back a half a year LIKE THEY DID TO SHUTTER ISLAND AND HARRY POTTER

I'll be all:
4hfe6a.gif

Sorry, I'm just alittle bitter

Back
Top Bottom