Just Won a Meet & Greet with Edge this July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dublin

The Fly
Friends,

I just won VIP tickets to the NJ show and a Meet and Greet with Edge on July 20th! I won the opportunity in a charity auction on www.charitybuzz.com.:edge:

I thought I'd start a thread in case you had ideas on anything I should ask when I meet him. I'm sure it will be brief (1-2 minutes). I should have a chance to get an autograph and a picture, but you never know.

They mention no opportunity to meet any of the others, but that is o.k. I am from Chicago and will be flying into NY for the event. I am very excited! :hyper:

Dublin

Friends,

I just won VIP tickets to the NJ show and a Meet and Greet with Edge on July 20th! I won the opportunity in a charity auction on www.charitybuzz.com.:edge:

Yes, was able to meet them al in Chicago at a NLOTH release party. That was with 100 other lucky fans.

Dublin, your percentage of U2 luck in comparison with mine is epically unfair. How do I remedy this gross cosmic oversight??? :lol:

Good for you - enjoy every second of the experience! :up:

Thanks for all of the kind words and wishes! I only wish it had been luck. This one was all about the money. I was the highest bidder in an auction. They estimated the winning bid would be $10,000+. I bid $7,500 and no one out bid me. It was tough writing the check, but for the experience I believe it will be worth it in the long run. Now I need to spend some more money on a plane ticket and hotel, that was not included. I was thinking about finding out which hotel they are staying at and getting one of the high end suites on the off chance I could spot them in the elevator.

Wow - congrats!

No offense to yourself, but I occasionally wish that some of us fans who couldn't afford that were given a chance for something like this. Seems that any of these chances you need to buy. Glad to see a real fan get a chance regardless. ;)

Did you just win it online or did you have to phone in to a live charity auction after the online bid? I know that's how the last one for CharityBuzz was won that included the backstage tour and airfare/accomodation, it went for $85,000 I believe.

Thanks for all of the kind words and wishes! I only wish it had been luck. This one was all about the money. I was the highest bidder in an auction. They estimated the winning bid would be $10,000+. I bid $7,500 and no one out bid me. It was tough writing the check, but for the experience I believe it will be worth it in the long run. Now I need to spend some more money on a plane ticket and hotel, that was not included. I was thinking about finding out which hotel they are staying at and getting one of the high end suites on the off chance I could spot them in the elevator.

Well I was also meaning you were lucky to attend the NLOTH party, :) but still good on winning the charity auction too. That's still pretty awesome. Have fun!

Wow - congrats!

No offense to yourself, but I occasionally wish that some of us fans who couldn't afford that were given a chance for something like this. Seems that any of these chances you need to buy. Glad to see a real fan get a chance regardless. ;)

Did you just win it online or did you have to phone in to a live charity auction after the online bid? I know that's how the last one for CharityBuzz was won that included the backstage tour and airfare/accomodation, it went for $85,000 I believe.

I know what you mean, I couldn't afford to do this often. I bid on line and thought for sure it would go for well over $7,500. Charity Buzz told me they thought it would net a minimum of $15,000 to $20,000, that would have been way out of my league. I see that currently there is meet Howard Stern going for over $50,000. No offense to Howard or his fans, but I'd think people would spend way more to meet U2 than him.

Well I was also meaning you were lucky to attend the NLOTH party, :) but still good on winning the charity auction too. That's still pretty awesome. Have fun!

Yes, you are right, the NLOTH was an outstanding piece of luck. There were about 5 radio stations in Chicago raffling off the passes all week and everyone around here was trying to win. A friend at work tipped me off to a smaller station in Kenosha, Wisconsin who had just one set of passes to give away. They weren't raffling it off like the other radio stations, instead they held a contest where you wrote a few paragraphs about why you were the biggest U2 fan. Not only did I write and send in my entry, I asked about 20 friends to write and send in endorsements for me! I don't think anyone else did that and it may have helped me win. Thanks again for the kind words, I will give everyone a full report after the show.

LOL - no kidding, I'd hope Edge is worth more too :p

It will be nice to just have a few minutes hopefully alone to just say a couple things to him without a million EBayers shoving things to autograph in his face.

So excited for you! Be sure to report back :)

Yes, you are right, the NLOTH was an outstanding piece of luck. There were about 5 radio stations in Chicago raffling off the passes all week and everyone around here was trying to win. A friend at work tipped me off to a smaller station in Kenosha, Wisconsin who had just one set of passes to give away. They weren't raffling it off like the other radio stations, instead they held a contest where you wrote a few paragraphs about why you were the biggest U2 fan. Not only did I write and send in my entry, I asked about 20 friends to write and send in endorsements for me! I don't think anyone else did that and it may have helped me win. Thanks again for the kind words, I will give everyone a full report after the show.

That's great! :applaud: Looking forward to hearing, so exciting!

I sure hope you get more than 1-2 minutes with him! What a dream come true :)
THIS!

and very much congrats, dublin!
It will be nice to just have a few minutes hopefully alone to just say a couple things to him without a million EBayers shoving things to autograph in his face.
Omghadssss, yeah, really Edgefest!
Fecking EBayers.
They really can partly spoil meeting the guys, they get so in the way.

IF you get more than a a min or 2 which I really hope you do (!!!) and you are in line with it please thank him for Music Rising.

I did have the pleasure of meeting him outside of MSG/nyc after one of the '05 HUTDUB shows> I complemented him in a particular way, and he broke out in such a big smile! I was like all "Aaaaawwww!!!" inside!

Have a fabulous time! And Welcome to the NYC area!

Looking forward to a very happy "show & tell" here in late July! :)

Friends,

I thought I'd start a thread in case you had ideas on anything I should ask when I meet him. I'm sure it will be brief (1-2 minutes). I should have a chance to get an autograph and a picture, but you never know.

They mention no opportunity to meet any of the others, but that is o.k. I am from Chicago and will be flying into NY for the event. I am very excited! :hyper:

Dublin

That´s amazing!! Gratzz!!!!

Hey, could you show him my blog with all U2 wallpapers that I created? LOL
It´s Nanazoca
That would be fantastic!! :lol:

Enjoy the moment!! You r very lucky!! :applaud:

Oh oh ask him where he buys his cool t-shirts ;) And tell him he should sing more songs, he has a beautiful voice :)

Back
Top Bottom