Is this really Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoa, what a close resemblance!

So he goes around pretending to be Bono? He needs to get a life, methinks.

Yeah, definately NOT Bono! :no: It's, as Babyface said, the Bono imposter, he can not be named!! :yuck: This person makes me want to...... :rant: :yell: :censored:

I met Pavel in 2009 when he was the singer of an italian U2 tribute band, and I can say that he's a very nice and generous guy.

I met Pavel in 2009 when he was the singer of an italian U2 tribute band, and I can say that he's a very nice and generous guy.

The fact that he's impersonator on stage doesn't bother one bit! But what get's my goat is that this guy takes it too far!! Coz apart from this latest incident, he's been known to go around to bars, restaurants, conventions etc. posing as Bono, making fans believe he's the real thing, and I think that is just wrong, don't care how now nice he might seem in person!?! In my opinion, a really "nice" person wouldn't go around deliberately fooling people into having them believing he's somebody he's not! :angry:

The fact that he's impersonator on stage doesn't bother one bit! But what get's my goat is that this guy takes it too far!! Coz apart from this latest incident, he's been known to go around to bars, restaurants, conventions etc. posing as Bono, making fans believe he's the real thing, and I think that is just wrong, don't care how now nice he might seem in person!?! In my opinion, a really "nice" person wouldn't go around deliberately fooling people into having them believing he's somebody he's not! :angry:

I've met him a few times. He was very nice. But I have heard 'the stories' too. I know he's rubbed many the wrong way by not being forthcoming as to who he IS and who he ISN'T.

Well nice guy or not, he's going around sullying Bono's good name as far as I'm concerned! :tsk: I mean, what about his latest ruse?! :huh: No longer is he satisfied with delibrately duping fans but also public finguers and dubious ones at that!! :doh:

I'm assuming, not understanding a word of the above article, does it mention that this is just a Bono impresonator and NOT the real thing, otherwise vivaSA wouldn't have brought this to our attention?!? :shrug: Which just proves my point! :|

maybe he's paid to attend certain functions, you know, like impersonators often are??

i know of a small film premiere where the real actor's appearance fee was too high, so they hired an impersonator for the event :D

however, if he's not legit, and paid/invited as an impersonator, and is just acting like a loose cannon, then i would say he needs some kind of restraining order or something

Again, that's fine, so long as it's made clear on the functions itinerary that it's a Bono impersonator! Whereas this guy has been known to show up at radom restaurants etc., not a function in sight, in full Bono regalia with the worst Irish accent I've ever heard, posing with people in pics and videos.....:down:

Isn't that illegal? If he appears somewhere as a Bono impersonator, that's fine, but pretending to be Bono surely isn't. Someone should have informed U2's management about this guy's behaviour long ago.

He went to a veteran's hospital to visit injured soldiers once and didn't tell them he wasn't really Bono. One of the troops posted online that he just met Bono and was really excited, but it was just that phony jerk. Deceiving injured war veterans does not make someone a nice guy. :down:

Isn't that illegal? If he appears somewhere as a Bono impersonator, that's fine, but pretending to be Bono surely isn't. Someone should have informed U2's management about this guy's behaviour long ago.

They must know. If anyone in the world is in control of their public image, it's U2.

Like I said, I've met him and he's been nice.

that said, he has always had the opportunity to point out that he's a Bono impersonator and Tribute Band Bono.

But it seems that for whatever reason, it seems that he often fails to be forthcoming. And that is what is disappointing.

maybe he's paid to attend certain functions, you know, like impersonators often are??

i know of a small film premiere where the real actor's appearance fee was too high, so they hired an impersonator for the event :D

however, if he's not legit, and paid/invited as an impersonator, and is just acting like a loose cannon, then i would say he needs some kind of restraining order or something

I know someone that thinks they met up with Bono after finding him on tinder :hmm:

Uh...apart from the obvious clinical insanity necessary to cause PS to think it a good idea to set up any dating profile - much less one on an app specifically for random casual sex - looking like "Bono"....

...has this person you know ever been evaluated by a mental health professional? Because frankly I don't think any sane person could possibly believe they met Bono on Tinder. No friggin way.

I guess, in a way, they're made for each other! :lmao:

Sent from my ass crack

Maybe it's "finding him" like in a spiritual sense:

"I found God in the sunset"
"I found God in the rain"
"I found God in tinder"

Great, I just found out who the impersonator is. He was all over the place in Montreal pretending to be Bono and making the news back in 2011. Never confessed to being an impersonator. I actually asked him three times as he held my hand at a pub and he wouldn't even open his mouth. :hmm: Granted it was dark and not so easy to figure it out just based on looks (and with glasses on). :D

Looks a lot like the impersonator I met there. But if there are others, I have yet to find out who the one I met was. He surely went to some really expensive places.

Back
Top Bottom