Is it time for Bono to stop coloring his hair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It looks like he's been coloring since the Pop period at least (I noticed roots growing out on the "Making of the Joshua Tree" DVD) and that color he was sporting in Costa Rica this month seemed a little questionable. What do you think- is Bono inseparable from his dark hair, or should he go silver fox?

Well, he could have looked like this during the Vertigo tour:

gandalf.jpg

Which is still better than Larry, granted.

He's been coloring since he was like 14 I think he's said. So we've only rarely seen his natural color. That said, that weird pic of him during the tour a couple years ago with gray hair was pretty hot.

When he's not touring or having public appearance, we often see pictures of Bono with a more natural hair color (reddish), which is lovely. Also, I think that the grey suits him well. I'm not a fan of the black hair, but I understand it looks good on stage. I don't think he'll stop dying it, since it's part of his image and I love his current hairstyle. From the pictures taken in Costa Rica I wasn't even able to spot much of his hair since he was wearing a cap. But I think it's a little strange to analyse his hair color in private pictures from a family vacation.

That reminds me....I must touch up my roots before I visit the family this week :lol:

I`ve been colouring mine since I was in my early teens too......initially because I hated having nearly black hair, then because I started going grey in my early twenties. Its scary just how grey I am now and I get lazy in winter as its nearly always covered or its dark outside and no-one sees it (cycling to work then working in an operating theatre all shift!).

It looks like he's been coloring since the Pop period at least (I noticed roots growing out on the "Making of the Joshua Tree" DVD) and that color he was sporting in Costa Rica this month seemed a little questionable. What do you think- is Bono inseparable from his dark hair, or should he go silver fox?

By the way, the Costa Rica pics are the closest to his natural reddish color we've seen in a long time. :wink:

He's been coloring since he was like 14 I think he's said. So we've only rarely seen his natural color. That said, that weird pic of him during the tour a couple years ago with gray hair was pretty hot.

(I should add that it was a photoshopped pic, his hair isn't gray.)

Yeah, I remember :lol:

But there have been several pictures of him with at least some grey hair showing, not completely grey, but still.

Oh yeah he has some, has for a long time, but it doesn't seem that he totally is like Adam. I think the light color in the Costa Rica pics is probably his natural light color probably mixed with some gray.

By the way, the Costa Rica pics are the closest to his natural reddish color we've seen in a long time. :wink:

This is quite a timely thread because after seeing the Costa Rica photos I was curious as to the color of Bono's hair. (Like I have anything else more important to ponder in my life (said in jest, of course).) So...wait...Bono's natural hair color is red? I knew he dyed it--Loved the grown out blonde streaks from the War days. I always thought it was brown. I've seen some photos with his hair red but I thought that was a dyed color. Wow. Shows you how wrong I am.

I've only seen one photo with his hair all grey. As for the question...I really love the dark brown color but I could be eased into the grey. A touch of grey gives a man a lot of character. Bono certainly has a LOT of character! :heart:

I had no idea he's been dyeing that long, or that his natural color was reddish. Back she goes to the baby pics in U2 by U2....

Edge has been dying his beard since at least 2000 ish. Don't think he's bothered with his hair since his wedding, as it's pretty much invisible save for the tiny parts peeking out from under the beanie.

He should at least give it a try. Edge is getting gray, too; I think he dyes his beard. :shifty:

I wish Edge would give the beard a go. I've always felt that grizzled beard is super hot, but maybe I'm the only one with that taste.

i assume larry colours his hair too, i dont know many 50 year old men that don't have at least a bit of grey.

i didn't enjoy the very harsh black; for a while it looked like it was shoe polish painted on. i think he could afford to let a little grey come in at the temples, it might look nice and distinguished! rock stars seem to have a hard time giving in to the grey though...look at mick and sir paul, they're 69/70 and are holding on to long, coloured hair.

True. But Balin lacks the thin, lifeless old hippie hair that Bono was tripping over on Vertigo.

The pics of Bono, in the 1994-1995 thread are the closest to his 'original' color (brownish red)

Dear U2... Please finish the album so we can stop talking about Bono's hair color and get back to complaining about set lists. For f*&^ks sake we need set lists to complain about! See what happens when we DONT have them to complain about...

:lol::wave:

Back
Top Bottom