Is it me, or does Adam look better now then ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about above post (brain snap) but what I was trying to say is that all though Larry is pretty I still dont class him as a pretty boy,cause he does have a bad ass quality about him.
But what I was gonna say was I rember when I was about 13teen & wanted to go to the love town tour & my mum took one look. at Bono & said no cause he looked to dirty.

Excuse me, how rude! :wink:

Ever since the Vertigo era, Adam gave himself a complete makeover from the Elevation days. And to think all he needed was to lose the Elevation purple (Lennonish) glasses and let his hair go naturally grey salt & pepper silver! Lookwise now, he's the posterboy for the mature man look: silver hair, blue deepset eyes, handsome face, toned body. A lot of females appreciate this look. I would venture that he has gotten more attention from the female GA audience (increased # of signs and screams) because of his mature man look.

And of course the new performer personality that came with seeing his face (and not so much his ass-- try to refrain from PLEBAn jokes here:sexywink:) during Vertigo was a welcomed change for the ladies. And with 360, he really took the meaning of performer to a new level: by dancing badly to give Bono a run for his $$ (I say that affectionately about both guys), posing and playing his bass dramatically (those who were at concerts will know what I mean), and my personal favorite, the way he 'stumbles' backwards while on the bridge to the drumbeat just before B launches into the Discotheque snippet after Crazy Tonight.

Even Bono acknowledges how asthetically pleasing Adam has gotten. In multiple band introductions on 360, Bono describes not Larry :)shrug:), not Edge :)shrug:) and not himself but Adam as handsome, or synonyms of it. Of course Bono is a man aware of beauty, and he sees physical beauty in Adam.

what this post is saying is:
I FUCKEN LOVE THE NEW ADAM!!!!!!!!! (since Vertigo, when The Change happened). HE IS SO GOSHDARNED GOOD-LOOKING AND SO INTERACTIVE AND :D ON STAGE WITH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!!! :shifty:

You`re freaking right!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:
I have the pleasure of being in the Inner circle and when he was close, I could appreciate his almost flawless skin and what to me is not only handsomeness but inner beauty! The man is radiant!!! And yes, he`s what every (mature) woman expects from a (mature) man!!! :heart::heart::heart:

At the risk of sounding like an article right out of "Tiger Beat" magazine: Since they are all "younger men" to me (a-hem! :D), I just want to say that they *all* have matured into mighty fine-looking men. I was a Bono girl right from the beginning; but over the years have come to appreciate Adam and Edge much more. Vertigo Larry did nothing for me, but 360 tour Larry is right up there with the rest of them! :love:

Bono sees the beauty in everyone.

That's not meant in an ironic way, it's actually something that's great about Bono, that, in fact, makes him more beautiful.

I agree. During interviews, just shoot a name of another artist at Bono and he will gush poetically about the person for a couple of sentences. (but not how they look:lol:)

It's one of Bono's nice traits that he can find compliments for everyone, even if sometimes us fans don't agree that said artist should be complimented, given their output relative to U2's talent.

This thread is about Adam's physical handsomeness, and this is exactly what Bono chooses to highlight to the audience in many band introductions recently. So even as a heterosexual man, Bono is aware of what a good-looking male specimen looks like, as he has declared about Adam many times on 360 (I've seen many youtube vids) and maybe even on the Vertigo tour (if anyone can remember).

Those at earlier tours/ have seen many vids can verify, but am I right to say that during the Elevation era and before, Bono's introduction/praise for Adam each night was non-physical? (eg: "musical conscience of the band" -Elevation Boston DVD)

Vertigo Larry did nothing for me

I agree! His hairstyle and even that shirt he wore every night didn't do it. The hair seemed forced and didn't suit him. I think that's why he changed back to his regular spiked hair that he's had for 20 years, on the final leg of the tour. Goes to show, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I remember when we first got to see Larry's Vertigo hair, it was the Grammy Awards 2005, everyone on this site went crazy for it.

I even say that Bono's hair on that tour was too much. It seemed unnatural and forced. Probably why he changed it by the end of the tour as well.

Yeah sorry. I don't like prettyboys so Mullen is a nono for me. And Edge. Well, he seems like a great guy, one I could have great talks with on late nights in the pub. But it'd be like brother/sister or bff, in no way any attraction would pass. Just not my type I guess.

I'll handle him :love:

I agree! His hairstyle and even that shirt he wore every night didn't do it. The hair seemed forced and didn't suit him. I think that's why he changed back to his regular spiked hair that he's had for 20 years, on the final leg of the tour. Goes to show, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I remember when we first got to see Larry's Vertigo hair, it was the Grammy Awards 2005, everyone on this site went crazy for it.

I even say that Bono's hair on that tour was too much. It seemed unnatural and forced. Probably why he changed it by the end of the tour as well.

Larry was so skinny during Vertigo, too--he looked sickly. I'm so glad he has recovered from that time period and has become the gorgeous man he is these days! :love:

Back
Top Bottom