Is Bono going to be in the "We Are the World" collaboration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Jackie

Refugee
There's been so many different reports but this is what I think:

so what I've been reading in articles about the "We Are the World" collaboration sounds like a whole bunch of singers got together today on choir risers to sing this song. And I think Bono and some others will be singing a different part(solo part) than everyone else singing together meaning that Bono could possibly record his part in whatever part of the world he's in and send it in to the people in LA.

-this article mentions this: "The AP reports Bono, Jason Mraz and Akon are also slated to appear on the track."
(I think slated to appear means solo parts)
-and abc news mentioned this: "Pink, Celine Dion, Natalie Cole, the Jonas Brothers, Kanye West, Tony Bennett, Jennifer Hudson, Akon and other musical luminaries stood shoulder to shoulder on risers at Henson Recording studios, singing their hearts out and hoping to help Haiti."

So all this could mean that Bono isn't even in LA...he could be in Dublin for all we know...:hmm:

Are we talking the USA for Africa 'we are the world' 1985 turgid piece of shite??? Worst charity song ever in the history of the universe, not that charity songs are ever any good! Why do we need another one?

It's a great song, but they shouldn't do a remake, I think it's kind of embarrassing. The song is for Africa, they can never recreate the original with its starpower and impact.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a846fe9f970b-pi

The original recording session on Jan. 28, 1985, featured 46 pop and rock stars, including Diana Ross, Billy Joel, Ray Charles, Tina Turner, Stevie Wonder and Willie Nelson. The song "We Are the World" was written by Jackson and Lionel Richie, and the single was produced by Quincy Jones, who also helped put together Monday's anniversary session.

After Streisand's solo time, the whole choir reconvened. Under the direction of Paul Haggis, the filmmaker best known for "Crash," the most star-packed cast on the planet made a music video while facing a swooping camera. At front and center was Wyclef Jean, a former member of the Fugees and a defining presence in the public life of his native Haiti, especially in recent weeks.

"We're doing this for the cameras," Haggis told his charges.

In the rear, Vaughn and Harry Connick Jr., both known as charismatic wiseguys, seemed to be enjoying a chuckle. In the center of the group, Streisand stood arm in arm with Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am, and just an arm's reach from Dion, the closest thing in sight to an inheritor of her genre throne.

There was a ripple of curiosity in a media tent set up in an adjacent compound when two people dressed in lime-colored masks and body socks joined the singalong. Clearly, the extras were green-screen place holders, digital "blank spots" for people who would be added later by a visual effects team. Would it be the late Michael Jackson? An absent Bono or Janet Jackson?

Apparently not. The word at the event was that the green people were keeping a spot for Santana, who had to leave before the evening video shoot, and 67-year-old Wilson, who was having trouble standing throughout the marathon session.

An all-star 'We Are the World' remake for Haiti relief | Pop & Hiss | Los Angeles Times

that song belongs to the year it was out and for Africa!

they are going to take away from its original purpose, I agree!

but then the 3rd version of Feed The World with Chris Martin et all, was number one in a recent poll!

sorry but, was there a song out when Tsunami happened???

Okay, so just saying: Who invited the obnoxious little twit Justin Bieber??? AND What the hell is Vince Vaughn doing there????? He isn't a singer in any way, shape, or form! Besides that, I'm sorry not to see any U2 representation there. Hope that by them not being there it means that they are recording for themselves!

Is it a good or a bad thing that the only people I recognize are Celine Dion, Usher and Kanye "Imma let you finish" West?

Getting Bono into this would be way to obvious. Nah,I think he wont do it again.

Diane Sawyer mentioned Bono last night on the news for the remake of this song--but the photo was from Vertigo video? :hmm:

I read read on E!'s website that Bono isn't doing this collaboration. They released the complete list of artists on their site and Bono wasn't on it. I'm kinda happy about that too, I never really liked the song plus Bono already did a song for Haiti

I read read on E!'s website that Bono isn't doing this collaboration. They released the complete list of artists on their site and Bono wasn't on it. I'm kinda happy about that too, I never really liked the song plus Bono already did a song for Haiti
Realy?????Great news,Jackie!!!!!:applaud::D:hyper:
I wouldn't wanna see him with this kinda of artists together :doh:

Realy?????Great news,Jackie!!!!!:applaud::D:hyper:
I wouldn't wanna see him with this kinda of artists together :doh:
lol i was so relieved when I heard this too. I didn't like the idea of a re-make plus I didn't like the idea of him singing with so called 'artists' like Justing Bieber :yuck: so I'm happy!! :) I mean it was for a great cause but I still didn't like the idea...plus Bono already made "Stranded" for Haiti

lol i was so relieved when I heard this too. I didn't like the idea of a re-make plus I didn't like the idea of him singing with so called 'artists' like Justing Bieber :yuck: so I'm happy!! :) I mean it was for a great cause but I still didn't like the idea...plus Bono already made "Stranded" for Haiti
Yes,he already made his part singing "Stranded" with Jay-Z and Rihana:huh:
So,I'm so happy that he are not included on this list of "artists":D

Back
Top Bottom