In Dublin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they have to rehearse and pay attention to many details before the tour starts, I don't know, but it makes sense that they stay at home for a while. I know they'll be in Barcelona for a couple of weeks before the first concert as the Camp Nou is already hired by them from the 15th of June.

It's pretty much a crap shoot whether you find the guys on home turf or not, they are all so busy jetting around the world doing things, making appearances before the Tour.

Does the band spend any time at home before the start of a new tour? Do you think they'll be around middle - end of April?

vlasak, while it is never a guarantee that U2 will be in Dublin at any particular time unless it's announced in advance. your general time frame for going to Dublin is as good of a bet for their being around there as there is. :up:

They do have a lot of music to rehearse before the tour and they normally rehearse at HQ so an April-May time frame to go to Dublin seems appropriate. Good luck. :wink:

That is true. They are not going to spend a lot of time there in the summer, so they might go in the Spring maybe for Easter

We're in Dublin July 3-5, and hoping maybe they'll be home after the Spain concerts as there seems to be a gap there. :love:

I don't think so. They'll either stay in Spain, go to Italy (Milan is next in the tour schedule) or stop for a couple of days in Eze/South of France. They've never been to Dublin in the summers for years now. And with the weather so great in Europe right now I think they might to to France for the rehearsals as well.

vlasak, while it is never a guarantee that U2 will be in Dublin at any particular time unless it's announced in advance. your general time frame for going to Dublin is as good of a bet for their being around there as there is. :up:

They do have a lot of music to rehearse before the tour and they normally rehearse at HQ so an April-May time frame to go to Dublin seems appropriate. Good luck. :wink:

Seems like myself & any others who said an April-May time period to be at HQ sounded like a reasonable time to be in Dublin were correct:

BBC - 6 Music - U2 teams up with Eno

U2 and Eno Again
Producer says they're off to the studio

10 April 2009 - Brian Eno’s revealed that he’s heading back into the studio with U2 next week.

The legendary producer didn’t give any more details at all – but made the comment at the very end of an event last night in which he discussed philosophy and politics with US trumpeter and composer Jon Hassell.

Good luck, vlasak - make sure to keep everybody here up to date on your journey. Especially any pics. :up:

I just borrowed a digital camera from my friend Jason for our trip. Wouldn't that be SOMETHING ELSE if I came back to Texas with a picture of BONO AND ME!!!!!

Have a great trip, I hope you get to meet the boys. They are in studio, so hanging out around there would be a good place for a meet and greet. Come back with photos and a great story to share!

U2, Eno To Hit Studio In Advance of Band's 2009 World Tour

Written by Josh Hathaway
Published April 13, 2009

According to the BBC, producer Brian Eno says he will be back in the studio with U2 some time next week.

U2 lead singer Bono has told Rolling Stone magazine the band plans to have another new record out in late 2009 or early 2010. Eno offered no further details about these new sessions, but one possibility is these are aimed at finishing that new record. Songs of Ascent is the title of the planned LP and while most details about it are sketchy, Bono has apparently already chosen "Every Breaking Wave" to be its first single.

Other songs rumored for possible inclusion on Songs of Ascent are "Tripoli," "Winter," "If I Could Live My Life Again," "Love Is All We Have Left," "North Star," "Mercy," and "Lead Me In The Way I Should Go"

No Line On The Horizon, U2's first album in four years, was released in March of this year. Long layoffs and bursts of activity are nothing new for the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers. Zooropa was finished during a break on the band's mammoth ZooTV tour and was released on the heels of Achtung Baby.

Meanwhile, U2 is gearing up for a world tour in support of No Line On The Horizon. The U2:360 tour kicks off with two shows in Barcelona, Spain, the first of which is June 30. The first U2 date of the tour is September 12 at Chicago's venerable Soldier Field.

U2, Eno To Hit Studio In Advance of Band's 2009 World Tour

I did not see them and I dropped my friend's digital camera in a full cup of coffee - it's gone forever. BUT - I had a wonderful time!!!

We didn't either (MsPurrl, EwingS and me and the whole fam damily) last Saturday and Sunday -- but we did not expect to, either. :wink:

Word to the wise: The Octagon Bar and the Tearoom at the Clarence are closed on Sundays and Mondays. My DH and I found that out the hard way on Sunday .... but ...... they served us in the study -- and we were the only ones in there for about an hour. What a way to have an Irish coffee in Dublin (they serve chocolate chip cookies with them, too ...)

The waiter took a picture of DH and me -- I'll post later if you'd like. :applaud:

Glad to hear you had a good time. There were pics of Edge in France and Bono in Spain last weekend.

Back
Top Bottom