I LOVE the EYELINER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shifty:

From this months Q magazine

BonoartQJuly2009.jpg

What?!? Ahgahoohwow!! :ohmy: :drool: *heartpalpitations* :combust: :faint:
o055.gif

Cathleen!!
a010.gif
:bow:

Woah, I tought: where did this thread come from again?
and than I saw that^^^:lol:

I guess Bono wanted to get in touch with his feminine side:) but im not complainin' mind you:)

Obviously it's a painting or computer graphic, looks based on a MacPhisto era pic, certainly not the wide, wrinkled mug he's sporting this year.

Yeah, I thought of MacPhisto when I saw it too! :lol:
But then I realized that it was that recent photo from Q. Which I've been thinking of going back and reading again, and again, and again. :drool:

^ LOL EDIT: I agree. :lol:

I like the way eyeliner looks on men, can't say why, just do. And age has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Anyways... it was fun while it lasted to see him in it. :love: Any time you wanna do it again Bono... :shifty: :up:

Okay it was a real picture, but it was clearly heavily either airbrushed or photoshopped to remove 'noise' and smooth it over so much it looks fake.There are no wrinkles, freckles, the eyebrows were virtually plucked, the eyes are the wrong color and the hand wasn't really there. It's not what his actual face really looks like now (sadly)

Here's what he really looks like without the picture being doctored.

EGP_BANG_1237999451300x300.jpg

Hey I wish it was true, I love Fly/MacPhisto :drool: but that's not what he looks like anymore:(

^ OK, great you take a bad picture of Bono and compare it to a airbrushed picture in a magazine. That's true tabloid style. Of course the man has wrinkles, he's 50. You can see his life experience in his face. It's unfair to take a unfavorable picture of Bono and compare it to the make up photo. We're having a light hearted discussion about Bono and make up here and people come in complaining that he doesn't look like 25 any more. :doh:

In fact, I'm glad he doesn't. McPhisto wouldn't fit today, it would look ridiculous. Bono looks great the way he does and he's in fine form for the tour.

^ OK, great you take a bad picture of Bono and compare it to a airbrushed picture in a magazine. That's true tabloid style. Of course the man has wrinkles, he's 50. You can see his life experience in his face. It's unfair to take a unfavorable picture of Bono and compare it to the make up photo. We're having a light hearted discussion about Bono and make up here and people come in complaining that he doesn't look like 25 any more. :doh:

In fact, I'm glad he doesn't. McPhisto wouldn't fit today, it would look ridiculous. Bono looks great the way he does and he's in fine form for the tour.

I agree with you there Silvia, anyone can take a bad pic and I have several pics from the same time....

02032009-5.jpg

02032009-17.jpg

....and he looks just great for a man his age, although I personally still have issues with Bono's hair being so short, but that's a whole other thread! :wink:

Now back on topic, does anyone have a bigger pic of this.....

Bonoeyeliner.jpg

Guyliner hotness! :drool:

The 'tabloid style' was done by those who photoshopped. I want to apologize for bringing it up and ruining the fun here. Personally I am not into men that old, and IMO he looks worse than other men his age, not better, see Johnny Depp for example, still could pass for 30 easy. Even Michael J Fox though he is sick looks almost exactly like he did in the 80's while Bono is now unrecognizable as the same guy from that era. I am a fan of U2's music not their looks so I belong on other threads besides Pleba. I totally respect that you all like him anyway and I won't say another word, I am sorry I said anything, I really am. Please forgive me.

I'd still love to see that Robert Smith Bono if anyone ever makes one :drool:

I don't think anyone actually thought that artwork was supposed to be an actual photo or the way Bono really looks :huh: I think we're all aware of what Bono looks like these days, and we're quite fine with it. :love: Although I do think it's pretty cool looking.

Anyways, you're forgiven. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom