I know where Bono was today! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Local Time: 03:46 PM
I know where Bono was today!

This morning on the local news here in Seattle they did a story and featured the herd of private planes at Boeing Field that had arrived for the very PRIVATE (no people pictures sorry) Microsoft CEO Summit. Guess who's plane was picutured in the story?? Yep the U2 plane! So Bono was in Seattle today. Queen Raina ( of Jordan) was here receiving a humanitarian award also, along with many other famous corporate types. I kept my eyes peeled today but didn't see him. I work where the summit was held, a mile or so away. This was very private hush hush event and the media was not invited. I did however find this web page featuring the plane story. The video does NOT show the U2 plane... go to the slideshow.. and the U2 360 plane is the last one!! He gets around that man.

Boeing Field Jets Offer Clues To Who's At CEO Summit - Money News Story - KIRO Seattle

Jeannieco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

And he didn't call me?

That so-and-so.

corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
^^ I know right? There was so much security I didn't even try to go on campus. But it was pretty cool to know he was here down the road from where I was!!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:46 PM
At least someone is keeping tabs on him.
JCOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:46 PM
I saw that site yesterday with the plane photos but I didn't post anything about it because there wasn't any confirmation anywhere that Bono was actually there.
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 10:46 PM
U2 plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
I saw that site yesterday with the plane photos but I didn't post anything about it because there wasn't any confirmation anywhere that Bono was actually there.
I agree with you. This plane has been used by several people after the U2 tour had ended. If Bono is there by himself (plus some staff like Catriona, Brian and maybe someone else) he would have probably used a little plane, a private jet that they usually rent for this kind of trips. It's rare that he is travelling with this huge aircraft if only he is there.

Anyway, I'm not saying he was not at the Microsoft event. Bill Gates related, Rania there also.... could be.

popbcn
popbcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popbcn View Post
I agree with you. This plane has been used by several people after the U2 tour had ended. If Bono is there by himself (plus some staff like Catriona, Brian and maybe someone else) he would have probably used a little plane, a private jet that they usually rent for this kind of trips. It's rare that he is travelling with this huge aircraft if only he is there.

Anyway, I'm not saying he was not at the Microsoft event. Bill Gates related, Rania there also.... could be.

popbcn
Yeah same here. I'm not saying he wasn't there! He certainly could have been. We know he does get around!
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Maybe the band is in the city. Does anyone know where they have been rehearsing? It would also seem strange to me that Bono would travel in the U2 jet by himself. Maybe they are in Seattle and Bono also went to the conference. They should be back in the US now and start rehearsing in SLC very soon.
last unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, so ..... guess he wasn't here yesterday, if he had surgery in Munich.

Poor guy.

Maybe Paul McG was at the conference?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ya, I just assumed he/they were here since that is the plane they use to travel great distances.
It's fun trying to guess anyway...
I am puzzled now. Cori is there a story of Bono having surgery yesterday in Munich? Does anybody know why...or if it was serious?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:46 PM
The plane has been spotted in a lot of places in the last few months.
lauramullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Dude, Jeannieco, where have you been? It's all anyone's talking about on the site!

There's nothing known other than he had surgery in Munich today, and a neurosurgeon was involved, but from what others have said, that doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or the other in regards to how serious it is.

Latest rumors are that the Claw from SLC is being taken to Minneapolis, some of the truck drivers on the crew were saying the tour will start there now. No idea how true that is, obviously.

The latest I've heard is that there will be some sort of further official announcement on Monday.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ml#post6769201

ABC NEWS: Bono injured in rehearsal, undergoes emergency back surgery
Old 05-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks! I have been sick, napping at home away from the computer and the news. THIS BITES big time.
Poor guy. I am sad now.

Get well bono. We love you!!!