How will Bono find what he's looking for in this enormous bedroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
IT'S a bedroom fit for a king ... or for a pint-sized rock star.

Bono has unveiled plans for a new master bedroom that is as big as an average semi-detached home.

The 130sqm boudoir is complete with his and hers en suites, matching walk-in wardrobes, an adjoining study and a balcony with views of Dublin Bay.

The U2 frontman has applied for the massive bedroom for the palatial Killiney home he shares with wife Ali and their five children.

Wardrobes

The couple have applied to Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown Co Council to add a new second floor to include an en suite master bedroom and his and her wardrobes.

They also want to add a lower ground floor conservatory to their house, Temple Hill, on Vico Road.

The proposed conservatory will be accessed through the kitchen and living room.

Bono, who has applied to the council using his real name, Paul Hewson, is seeking to have a terrace at second-floor level around the full perimeter of the house.

If permission is granted, the changes will make the most of the U2 singer's amazing sea views.

Designed by Colin Jennings Architect, the plans show that the terrace will be accessed through a new en suite master bedroom as well as an adjoining en suite study.

Posted on the council's website, the drawings reveal that the superstar is making provision for considerable wardrobe space.

The new second floor is to take the place of the existing pitched roof.

A decision by the council is due at the end of next month.

The application comes only months after Bono and Ali were granted permission for a small performance studio in the grounds of their home.

As part of the same application, they were also given permission to build a gardener's shelter, containing changing facilities, a small kitchen area and a bathroom.

Plans

Liam Brophy of CMB Design Group submitted these plans.

Mr Brophy stated in the letter of application: "The proposed locations of the two temporary structures are specifically designed to minimise their impact on both the subject site, as well as existing vistas to and from the site.

"The structure to be used for recreational purposes is located within a stand of existing trees on the site and is outside the scope of the primary views afforded to the main house in its current location.

"These trees were planted by the owners 15 to 20 years ago. In order to facilitate the new temporary structure, a number of trees will be required to be removed.

"However, only the less mature trees in this location will be removed with the majority of existing trees retained, allowing the structure to be shielded by these trees in this location.

"Every effort has been made to minimise the impact these structures will have on the existing house as well as on the site in general."

2210_bononplan2_h_211827b.jpg

2210_bononplan1_h_211825b.jpg

^ Maybe they're planning for their granchildren already. :lol:

What's with all this wardrobe space? Can't Bono simply get rid of some of his weird nice clothes?

Maybe it has something to do with Edun? :hmm:

Or his children demand more space now that they're older so Bono and Ali need to move out of their bedroom?

The terrace is a nice idea, btw, especially with a view like this.

You know that floor plan of the ensuite bathroom with the bath situated by the windows immediately brought to mind the following pic....

bonobathfull.jpg

:whistle:

....minus the high-rise buildings of course! :wink:

Well, he is A Taurus, afterall. And we do love to live sensuously...case in point, the bubble bath, the cigar, the champagne...all in a Jacuzzi yet. *Hmmm, looks good! May just dive in!* :hmm:

**SPLASH!!!**

How sweet and very considerate of you to post Bono's VERY private plans and information on the biggest U2 fan forum on the net.

I know the article comes from Herald and not yourself but it doesn't mean you have to point at it and yell "Hey everybody, LOOK HERE, IT'S BONO'S BEDROOM!!!". Thought you had some respect for the man's privacy :tsk:

Those plans look aweseom. The home is beautiful and does have gorgeous views of Dublin Bay so why not make the most of the location and views? I am not so sure about the 5 children thing tho unless maybe Ali has one of her charity kids living with them? Regardless, I wish them well and hope that they do get granted permission to go ahead with the plans. Lucky them :cute:

How sweet and very considerate of you to post Bono's VERY private plans and information on the biggest U2 fan forum on the net.

I know the article comes from Herald and not yourself but it doesn't mean you have to point at it and yell "Hey everybody, LOOK HERE, IT'S BONO'S BEDROOM!!!". Thought you had some respect for the man's privacy :tsk:

Fucking relax will you? It's not as if I'm posting his bank details, PPS number or whatever. It's not even a picture of the actual house. All this information is availble at Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown Co Council and anyone can check it anyway.

And who are you to say you thought I had some respect for his privacy. You don't even know me.

Relax people, ok, no need to be rude.

I don't like the fact those plans are available to the media either, but if they're publicly available, anyone here can go and look at them.

Btw, what's this with all the house expanding going on recently? Adam has just got permission to expand his mansion, now Bono, and Edge has bought a yacht (which is also a kind of expanded home :lol:). Now what is Larry up to?

I don't like the fact those plans are available to the media either, but if they're publicly available, anyone here can go and look at them.

Btw, what's this with all the house expanding going on recently? Adam has just got permission to expand his mansion, now Bono, and Edge has bought a yacht (which is also a kind of expanded home :lol:). Now what is Larry up to?

Hil last unicorn :wave:
As far as I know, Larry had bought his neighbour's house one or two years ago. Kind of expansion too...:hmm:

I can do a standing jump from one side of my house to the other, lol. Thanks Flavia.

DublinsAngel, this kind of stuff is public record. No privacy is assumed.

Ah okay, I hope Larry's neighbor gave permission before Larry bought his house. :lol:

:wave: Hi bambu! How's life going after the exam?

I wouldn't mind if Larry bought my house, as long as I can stay in there and we'll meet for tea in the afternoons :wink:
Life after the exam is great, time enough for pleba :hyper:
:wave:

Larry is undergoing training to be a ninja. :sexywink:

Wow Geez, did I miss something?

These are obviously NOT private plans since they're like, in the hands of the press now. Means they're public, and that anyone can access them. I see no reason not to post this here. And it's like, only plans, not actual PICTURES of Bono's house. So what's your problem?

Don't be so overprotective of Bono, he's not yours, nor ours.

Well Interference may be U2's biggest fan forum but this thread will probably only get a few hundred views. I'd be willing to bet my U2 collection that the Evening Herald in comparison has a much larger circulation running into the tens of thousands!
Aren't all planning applications open to the public anyway?

:sexywink: Guess I`d better confess up..........Larry`s moved into my back bedroom............well it is getting cold at night now and I need something/someone to keep me warm.................:shh::evil::combust:

Looks like Bono will have enough space in his new bedroom to ... let's say ... hide some people. :evil:

Those wardrobes sure look big and comfy.

Seriously, does that mean Bono and Ali don't want to share a bathroom? I wonder who takes longer in the bathroom, I guess it's him.

well ofcourse they can share the bathroom, but if there are two persons who need to get up at the same time and are in a hurry, I can understand why one would like two showers.

:wink: And I also hate waiting to go to the toilet, cause at night I'm NOT going to the downstairs toilet, way too cold!

So much for being an enviormentalist supporter B.Vox...COOL BEDROOM THOUGH

...I'd like to c it...

JUST SEE IT

*SICKOS*

I think it's fascinating that these plans are public record. Is Bono's house a listed building, is that why he and his architects have to file such detailed schematics? In the States, you would just have to apply for a building permit, and the city inspector would come once the work is finished to make sure you've attached everything properly and aren't about to short out everyone's electricity.

I don't actually think that's particularly lavish, given that Bono is probably worth $200 million, if not more. Plenty of suburban McMansions have master suites with his and hers bathrooms. Nobody would blink an eye at this in California. But I do wonder -- who's the tub and who's the shower person?

Back
Top Bottom