How will Bono find what he's looking for in this enormous bedroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How sweet and very considerate of you to post Bono's VERY private plans and information on the biggest U2 fan forum on the net.

I know the article comes from Herald and not yourself but it doesn't mean you have to point at it and yell "Hey everybody, LOOK HERE, IT'S BONO'S BEDROOM!!!". Thought you had some respect for the man's privacy :tsk:

I agree. I still think it's creepy.

I don't see how house plans can be so private. Bono doesn't hate the environment - didn't he support some campaign to shut down some nuclear power station? I'm sure it must be an eco-friendly extension, or Ali wouldn't let it go ahead :lol:

the bedroom seems rather conservative to me even with two closets and bathrooms. I love the idea of the terrace. that's really cool.
I am happy for them that they are "remodeling the house" as the kids get older just like the rest of us. kinda makes them seem really normal.
most Hollywood types would just buy a bigger more lavish house.

the bedroom seems rather conservative to me even with two closets and bathrooms. I love the idea of the terrace. that's really cool.
I am happy for them that they are "remodeling the house" as the kids get older just like the rest of us. kinda makes them seem really normal.
most Hollywood types would just buy a bigger more lavish house.

I agree, considering their income, the "addition" is rather modest in comparison to other high income celebrities.

I guess too, the fifth child, maybe they were referring to Bono himself???? ;)

I hope Ali and Bono will be happy in their new boudoir...they deserve it....a little privacy away from eyes/children/fans etc....and what a spectacular view they have of Dublin Bay...yum they sure are lucky people....and they realise that too...which is nice xx:hug::sexywink:

Here's an update from today's Belfast Telegraph. The plans have hit a snag.

Bono's extension scuppered by Enya's mansion

Friday, 14 November 2008

Bono's home extension plans have hit a glitch after an influential heritage group claimed they would "distract" from fellow singer Enya's historic mansion.

An Taisce made the observation on the U2 frontman's planning application for his Vico Road property in Killiney.

The submission was made to Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co Council at the last minute before the date for objections had passed.

It means that, even if the council grants permission for Bono's revamp, An Taisce is entitled to appeal against the decision to An Bord Pleanala, delaying the project for months.

The heritage group contends that Bono and his wife Ali Hewson's house -- Temple Hill -- is within a conservation area.

It says the extension would distract from two protected structures -- Enya's Ayesha Castle and Killiney Hill Obelisk.

An Taisce adds that "a more sympathetic extension [to Temple Hill] with a similar design and finish to the original house should be considered".

The planning application revealed the rock star reviewed a proposal to tear down his Killiney mansion and construct a new house but that he rejected this idea.

He and Ali decided demolition would be inappropriate and were "keen to retain the existing building".

The details were contained in a letter by his architect Colin Jennings to the county council.

Bono and Ali have applied to add a completely new second floor, including an en suite master bedroom and his and her wardrobes -- to their home.

The couple also want to add a lower ground floor conservatory to the house.

The proposed conservatory will be accessed through the kitchen and living room.

Bono, who has applied to the council using his real name, Paul Hewson, is seeking to have a terrace at second floor level around the full perimeter of the house.

If permission is granted, the changes will make the most of the U2 singer's amazing views.

The plans show that the terrace will be accessed through a new en-suite master bedroom as well as an adjoining en-suite study.

Posted on the council's website, the drawings reveal that the superstar is making provision for considerable wardrobe space.

The new second floor is to take the place of the existing pitched roof.

A decision by the council is due on or before November 26.

Mr Jennings also pointed out a previous proposal from the couple to construct a three-storey extension was granted permission in 2003.

Bono's extension scuppered by Enya's mansion - News, Music & Gigs - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Dude. What the heck.
Does Bono and his family even have pets? I bet if he had a dog.. the dog would have it's own bedroom too.

I have no clue how he could find things in his bedroom. All I know is that if he can have a house like that, why wear purple socks?

Dude. What the heck.
Does Bono and his family even have pets? I bet if he had a dog.. the dog would have it's own bedroom too.

I have no clue how he could find things in his bedroom. All I know is that if he can have a house like that, why wear purple socks?

Dude, what's wrong with you? Having a bad day?

They have two big dogs and his kids also have other animals. I think Eve has a cat.

And it looks like in this new bedroom there will be plenty of space to store his purple socks.

Purple socks :drool:

But I do wonder -- who's the tub and who's the shower person?
:lol: I thought the same thing! If you look in the bedrooms, there's dresses in the one without the tub... :shrug:

Mr. LG and I specifically wanted a 2 bathroom home when we moved. Nothing this lavish - you could probably fit our whole home in that bedroom and still have space left - but they are both full bathrooms, with tiny tubs. Not an issue of intimacy but just practicality - it's nice to be able to go when you need to!

:lol: I thought the same thing! If you look in the bedrooms, there's dresses in the one without the tub... :shrug:

Mr. LG and I specifically wanted a 2 bathroom home when we moved. Nothing this lavish - you could probably fit our whole home in that bedroom and still have space left - but they are both full bathrooms, with tiny tubs. Not an issue of intimacy but just practicality - it's nice to be able to go when you need to!

TMI!

:lol:

Going back to the designs. What's with the airing cupboard? I know the water heater in this case would be electric, but I would have thought that the amount of money they have they would have installed some sort of larger boiler in the lower part of the house or installed central heating water.

Purple socks huh? :eyebrow:

Seriously, what's wrong with purple socks? I love purple socks. I wear purple socks. Purple is my favourite color. I also love red, blue and dotted socks and socks with stripes. Bono shoud wear socks with stripes much more often. I also have teddybear and cat socks. The more variety you have in your sock collection, the better. Please Bono more colorful socks! :drool:

Seriously, what's wrong with purple socks? I love purple socks. I wear purple socks. Purple is my favourite color. I also love red, blue and dotted socks and socks with stripes. Bono shoud wear socks with stripes much more often. I also have teddybear and cat socks. The more variety you have in your sock collection, the better. Please Bono more colorful socks! :drool:

Oh darling L.U., pleeease don't misunderstand me!

I didn't say there was anything WRONG with purple socks!

I JUST SAID....purple socks huh? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom