How to post pics- directions and help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I see some of our members are interested in learning to post pics. This is a good thing! The more pic posters on PLEBA the better. I searched in vain for a thread I made a long time ago telling how, and I wasn't able to find it or any other thread explaining this so I'm going to start over.

I don't know how much each person already might know, so I'm going to start from the beginning. Then you can come back here to try out your posting, and if there are any questions I will do my best to help, as I'm sure Kelly and many others will to.

Here's what you do:

The first thing you have to have are pics saved on your computer. I don't know if you have any yet, if you don't all you have to do is go through some threads and right click on top of a pic you like, then a box will come up that says 'save as' and you can name it and press save and it will be on your computer to keep! (notes: Always save the enlarged version of the pic and not the small thumbnail if saving from a website, or it will save small. When saving and pressing 'save as' you can keep the name the file already has when you click save, but if it shows up as a long snapfish addy instead of words, I suggest deleting that and renaming it something like bonojthat or whatever the pic is. But don't let it save as that long snapfish addy for a name! Also, if you leave spaces in the name without underscores, like Larry in Cleveland, it will never post. I don't know why, but it won't. Make sure the name is Larry_in_Cleveland or larryincleveland.)

Next, you have to upload them to a source that will let you link here. Most girls use snapfish or photobucket, they are free, though snapfish will delete all your stuff after one year if you don't buy pics from them. Boomspeed is good, and they do have free accounts but you will be shut down in a couple months if you post on forums. If you pay them $6 a month you can upload and post all you want. But start with a free one for now, and photobucket is the easiest.

http://www.snapfish.com

http://www.photobucket.com

There will be directions on these sites on how to set up your account.

Once you have your account, you can start uploading. There will be a button to press to browse, and then all your saved pics will show up and you can choose from your collection. When you are done, either a list on snapfish or one at a time on photobucket, press upload and the pics will be stored on the site.

Once you have uploaded them, the site will give them a url, or addy, for posting. In snapfish, click on a thumbnail to enlarge, if you get the addy of the thumb it will post small. Then right click on the pic, then click properties in the gray window that comes up .A new gray window will pop up with a url in it. Highlight, copy and paste it. If snapfish make sure you get it all, they're long. If you use photobucket it will provide you with a url for posting under the pic and you can just copy that. If you use photobucket, it will give you an addy under the pic complete with tags!

Now go to the forum in a reply window and paste it. If using snapfish or boomspeed, you will not already have the tags, so you have to put

[IMG] before it skipping no spaces

and a after it. (IMG's do not have to be capitalized, they work either way.)

That should make the pic post.

Note: You can also post pics this way from yahoo news and other websites, but some websites do not want you to use their bandwidth and will block the link to a red x within a day. Also, ALL GEOCITIES, ANGELFIRE and most TRIPOD sites will not let you post. They will show up for you and only you the first time you post and you think it's there, but when you close your browser and return it will be gone. No one else will ever see anything but a red x. There have been a lot of people who saw the pic show up initially and swore it posted, and wondered why no one else could see it, but it was just a phenomenon of your browser. It's been tried and known for years now, GEOCITES will NOT POST so please don't waste your time on it. If you are going to post from a website make sure they don't care if you use their links. Bonoonline.com and popheart.org, u2wanderer and u2newzooland.com are some that have specifically asked people not to post from their sites. Most other websites, like u2eastlink and u2log only show up as a red x. So it's better if everyone gets their own photobucket or snapfish account and posts from their own collection. That way you will know they will be there and work!

If anyone has any questions go ahead and ask. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I actually made pictures/directions on how to post using snapfish. I don't think I ever uploaded them to post. I'm at work now so I'll have to do that when I get home. I'll check my snapfish and boomspeed accounts to see if they are there otherwise I'll post later.

Thank you U2 Kitten fore posting these instrucation about posting pics. Beacuise I wanted to ask just had not had the time yet to ask. Much appcaited to you. Now I need to try it.

eriekittym

Don't get discouraged if you screw up on your first, or even second, or third.........I remember I struggled big time when I was trying to learn how to post from Snapfish. Snapfish has really long URL's and I had trouble getting the whole thing highlighted to cut. I think I had to try six times before I finally did it right. You bet I was pissed and stuff, but I finally got it.

This is some visual help using snapfish.....I hope it makes sense.

33%3A%3A486323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232355%3A888%3B82ot1lsi

Last edited by a moderator:
:applaud: Great job Arw!! :applaud: Nothing like showing them. Thanks for going to all that trouble! :up:

I must be lame, I never learned how to work the IMG buttons on the reply page, I always type them in by hand the old fashioned/old style forum way :uhoh: :reject: I need to start doing that!

As Verte said and Arw illustrated, make sure you get the entire snapfish addy when highlighting. Though only 2 lines show up on the properties box, the whole addy will be at least 3 lines long and end in a series of letters with no numbers or %. If yours does not look like that, try again and keep dragging your mouse until you get it all. This is one of the most common and frustrating mishaps people have with snapfish.

Last edited:
Thank you Verte fore the incourgament. Beacuse it would be just like me to mess up at least a couple of times. But thene go and hide but I wont do that now. I well try and if I dont do it the first time I well keep trying. My pics well be coming very soon.

eriekittym

arw Thank you fore youre detalind instrucations bettween youre and U2Kitten instrucations I think I well get it right.

eriekittym

U2 Kitten I well make sure I get the full addy. I know how links can be very long no question about it. Also Iam sorry if it seems like Iam not around very much. In my post here. I allways try to be around whene I can.

eriekittym

I can't wait to see your pics eriekittym! :wave:

If anyone wants to practice, go ahead and do it here in this thread. If there are any mistakes we can click quote and see what you did wrong and help you fix it! I hope everyone who wants to learn will be posting by the next day of the guy of their choice! (Moob, RSOC, Leather, Freestyle!)

OMG I did it. I was scared it would not work thats YAHOOOO!!!!!!!! Thank you all fore youre help. And I well post more pics with time. I feel bad cuz Iam not over here more. But I well be.

eriekittym

One more thing I was thinking, most of you ex-zootopians probably already know how to get the url since you used to post links that had to be clicked on (the pics on zootopia would not show up like they do here) So all you have to do is the same thing you did there only add the

Yipee it worked ! Finally ! Thanks for the instructions, the visual aids were a big help for those of us who are not technologically
inclined.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom