Help with U2 Book?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luerssen

Babyface
Hi everyone. My name is John Luerssen and I have just written U2 FAQ, a book due via Backbeat Books this fall (already listed on Amazon). I'm seeking help from U2 fans for the project. I'm in need of high res scans of singles sleeves, ads, handbills, magazine & music publication covers, ticket stubs, programs and photos/scans of other U2 memorabilia/collectibles from all eras of the band.

If any of you can help me with full size scans (I'd need 300 dpi or up and they have to be print quality which rules out most of what I have amassed :[ ) Anyway I'd be happy to give you an acknowledgement in the book and an art credit in exchange for your trouble. Plus, it will give you some real bragging rights for loyal U2 devotees.

I need to wrap this up in the next few days, but if any you can help I'd be ever so grateful. Just send your high quality images along via attachment with how you'd like to be credited and I will respond asap.

Thanks to any and all in advance for your consideration:

Walk on!
johndluerssen@hotmail.com

modify_inline.gif

Moving this to PLEBA (band picture forum). They should be able to help you.

Well, The photo's anyone sends to you , should be photo's they made their selves. You can't use someone else's work without permission. This goes the same with tickets.

Single covers and posters are another question. I don't know how that goes with publishing them in a book. But Since you have written the book , I hope that you did enough research about that yourself?

Folks, using images of collectibles and memorabilia in books of this nature is nothing new. My publisher, Backbeat, did two Fab Four FAQ books with no issues. Thanks for reading.

Folks, using images of collectibles and memorabilia in books of this nature is nothing new. My publisher, Backbeat, did two Fab Four FAQ books with no issues. Thanks for reading.

Well, by that same token, one could argue that downloading torrents of U2's music is "nothing new" and that millions of people have done it with no issues, but does it still violate copyright law just because no one has said anything about it?

Scans of the artwork of official releases are likely in violation of copyright law. Doing it to post them on this forum is a very different thing than doing it to publish in your book for profit.

Your book seems very interesting. I just wouldn't want to see you or anyone on this board face repercussions should the Powers That Be disagree with your idea of fair use of images.

I could send some of my own photos I took during concerts, but yeah, the copyrights on the other material was my first thought as well.

Back
Top Bottom