Happy Birthday U2!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pkp

The Fly
It seems it's the band's birthday today! :)On 25 September, 1976 Paul, Larry, Adam and Dave met up in Larry's kitchen to have their first rehearsal and to form the band! :)

Happy birthday, U2!!! :) :)

Yep, it is indeed. Bono has repeatedly said that week in September 1976 was his best week because he became a member of the band and started going out with his future wife, Ali :cute:

What a great week that was :up:

Happy Birthday, guys :heart:

Happy b-day guys!! Thanks for everything!!

Long live U2!! \o/
hyper.gif

Wow, let's celebrate! I'll bring something to eat ;d.
And now serious ;d. I wish our boys all the best for them and their friendship. They should be an example of a perfect friendship.
Happy birthday, boys!

Last edited:
thats what all the chapagne was for in brussels
bono mentioned it during his speech before still haven`t found

thats what all the chapagne was for in brussels
bono mentioned it during his speech before still haven`t found

No no, he mentioned Joe O'Herlihy (sp?) who had been working with u2 on that day for 32 years. His pic even came on the screen.. and he said that in those early years, at a concert in Brussels, Adam's bass caused an earthquake registration at the meteorological institute, which is nearby in Ukkel.It made all the papers back then :D

He never really mentioned why there was champagne, I just think they wanted to celebrate in Belgium, bringing the tour home (in figure of speech)

u2.com even mentions they drank a glass of Belgian beer a the end, but it was just the champagne they drank. (beer would have been more appropriate though lol) and it seemed Adam had a glass of water :wink:

Yeah he didn't mention it but it was obvious to those who knew. :) It was champagne, and water for Adam. The only pic of mine that came out clear was Adam's and his glass is clear.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY U2!!

Thank you for your magic, your wit, your charm, your humanity, your selflessness and your kindness.

Most of all, thank you Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam for sharing your amazing gift of music with all of us.

Happy Birthday U2!
Thank you for the music. Your music has pulled me out of some very low points in my life, it's my lifeline. I'm very grateful to have your music in my life. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom