Happy Birthday Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Jackie

Refugee
Ok so some people mentioned that there needed to be a thread for this because it's his birthday in some parts of the world already.
So you all know what to do I guess!

(and this isn't a picture, but it's an article that has to do with his Birthday!)
By Melanie Finn

Saturday May 08 2010

He may seem like an ageless rock rebel -- but U2 frontman Bono will celebrate his 50th birthday this weekend.
And the charity worker is intent on doing his best to ensure it's an occasion to remember by throwing a birthday bash for his closest family and friends.
The Dublin-born singer, who turns 50 on Monday, is hosting an intimate party for dozens of his nearest and dearest at a top secret location in New York this weekend.
He and his chart-topping bandmates Adam Clayton, the Edge and Larry Mullen have been working in the States for the past few weeks as they gear up for the next leg of their U2 360 tour, which is set to kick off in Salt Lake City on June 3.
"Turning 50 is a big event for anyone, let alone someone as iconic as Bono, so it's going to be like an impressive event which will see him pulling out all the stops," said an insider.
"All his family are flying over from Dublin for the event and many of his famous pals will be there to help him celebrate, as it's not every day you celebrate the big five-oh."
His musician pal Gavin Friday marked his milestone birthday with a VIP bash in New York's Carnegie Hall last October and if his party was anything to go by, Bono's will be even more memorable.
The pair have been best pals for more than three decades and share a similar circle of friends in their tight-knit circle -- many of whom will also be at the singer's bash.
Attendees at Friday's star-studded event included Hollywood bombshell Scarlett Johansson alongside Courtney Love, toothless hellraiser Shane MacGowan and Christy Turlington with hubbie Ed Harris.
Also spotted was Johnny Ronan, Robbie Fox, businessman Oliver Caffrey, Dunnes Stores heir Andrew Heffernan and former manager of Hothouse Flowers Robbie Wootton.
Speaking previously about getting older, Bono said he didn't mind the ageing process as it was a natural part of life.
"I do like it. I think when I'm 60, I'll finally be cool," he stated.
Earlier this week Bono pre-record a special tribute to his late pal Gerry Ryan.
He had hoped to fly back home to attend the Clontarf funeral but travel chaos from the Icelandic volcano put paid to his plans.
Instead, he performed a special version of With or Without You, which was received by RTE on the morning of the funeral.
The packed congregation listened as told them: "Calling from New York on the Ryan Line. The Ryan line's still open."
At the end of his emotional performance, he added: "Goodbye Gerry, see you down the road."

b-day.jpg

bono0815.jpg

Bono-bono-5570602-404-500.jpg

bono.gif

bono.jpg

bono_of_u2_5256927.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONO!!!!!!! :hyper:

I hope he has a great day an an awsome birthday bash with the people who are close and dear to him. :happydance:

Let's all have a drink on our birthday boy :cocktail: :D

50 is just the beginning. He's getting better and hotter with age :love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONO!! :heart::heart:

I'm not going to school tomorrow because of B's birthday :lol::D (And am seriously thinking of writing "It's Bono's Birthday. Enough said." on the 'reason for missing school' section on the exemption form :D .. but I fear I'll get expelled or something :/)

It's not the 10th of May yet here in Malta, but I would like to wish our great man a day filled with joy and all the best he could ever wish for :)
I'd like to thank him for the joy he gave us through his music, voice, and heart :)

I LOVE YOU BONO

Oh wait, my little speech.

Thank you, thanks for the inspiring music, your love for the world and everything you did for people who needed help. I wish you an awesome party! I love ya, sir Bono!:D

Aaaaah I don't want to go to school tomorrow either.. But I'm not allowed to stay at home this year anymore.. (I faked being ill a little too much, heheheh..) :(

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONO!!! :wave::hug:
The big day is only tomorrow but there are some passionate fans who already congratulated you :D:wave:so I must too.
I wish you only THE BEST!!! You are a GREAT MAN!!! Thank you for everything you gave us :heart::heart: I love you!!!

Wait , there are people living in teh future :crack: I have to call Edge about this.

(at 7:39 a.m. here...)

Happy Birthday Bono!!!

I wish you the happiest of birthdays with your dearest ones... and please have a drink or two on me since I have to work today.... :D

Happy Birthday Bono, my love! :love:

Heartkittens-1.gif

You've just turned the big 5-0......

50thbirthdaycake.jpg

....hope you have a 'Magnificent' day with all your family and friends! :hug:

Rose.gif

Wishing you all the best and my love :heart:, hugs :hug: and kisses.... :kiss: Helen!

heartline.gif

Happy Birthday Mr. Lovely of ours :heart:

Today up for a marathon of only listening to U2 songs, then at 11am there's the U2 Top 10 on Vh1, then at 7pm there's the Live Aid concert on Bio Channel, followed by Bono's Biography :)

Hope he has a magnificent day with all his loved ones :) And, Happy Birthday to Jordan too :)

Back
Top Bottom