Hanover Quay Studios - Pictures of the Wall's graffitis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boldorak

The Fly
Hi everybody,

I'm not sure this is the good place to put this topic, if not, just move my post.

As I am living in Dublin, not far away from the Point Depot (now called the O2) and from Hanover Quay, I have the chance to go there when I want.

And I am an amateur photographer, I took a lot of pictures of the graffitis outside the Hanover Quay Studios.

It is a way to show all the messages of love or hate, all the original creations, the signatures left by fans on this wall.

Maybe you will find a message that you left, maybe you will discover this particular place of U2 history (even if Windmill Lane was like that before), maybe it will give you ideas before coming here (paint, artwork and place !! :))

If you want a full size picture, just send me a PM i'll send you the original file.

If you want me to go there and to take a particular picture for you, just ask :)

All the pictures exists in 1024x768, you just have to click on the magnifying glass with the + sign on it to see the bigger size.

Here is the link of the album (Flickr) :

U2 - Hannover Quay Studio - a set on Flickr

And several examples :

3502787138_096f2e854f.jpg
3502786484_f90fe01d11.jpg

3501974681_8b04818c1b.jpg
3501972767_8a1381cb52.jpg

3501974019_c75b603dd3.jpg

I hope you'll enjoy it :)

You can also find this message on a french forum (Message des forums) and on a spanish forum (Hanover Quay - Imagines del muro) as my goal is to share these pictures with a maximum of U2's enthousiasts.

Thanks. I'm going to go to HQ on Thursday and I'll take lots of pics and sign the wall

I was there last August & had Mr. Blu take some pics but I wasn't able to leave a signature because I forgot to bring a marker with me. :doh:

These pics are great!
The shamrock is really fantastic!
I love stencil graffiti, I did a whole study on it! But I would never spray property that didn't belong to me, If I were to get caught I would get kick off of Youth Court and then my Dad would kill me...

But I'd love to do something on this wall! I've done some U2 related stencils before :hmm:

:angry: Me either. People have nothing better to do, I guess.

Her message says: Paul, Dave, Larry, and Adam- Once just four people to the world, now, 30 years on you are the world to so many. You are the heart and soul of my world, you are the thing that keeps me going, thank you for giving me a great life. Peace and Love, Fran

Just to add a small information (not sure everybody goes on the Flickr link), there are 117 pictures to see on Flickr, the album is public so you dont have to register to see the pictures :)

(Btw can someone send me a pm to explain me how to edit a post because i'm searching since 10 min with no luck ...)

Here are the shots Mr. Blu took of me last August. God, I'm ready to go back... truth be told, I was never ready to leave. :sad:

Good grief, it pains me to look at these... what an absolute doofus! :rolleyes: I HAVE to go back & get new pics now that I have decent hair! :lol:
DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

The "I finally made it!" pose. OMG - what a goober! :reject:

I just looked at my photos from a few years ago and the wall is practically empty! I went for the Vertigo shows so there were plenty of fans to mark it up too.

If you have pictures, you can send me them by email, I'll create another album with all the pictures I can collect from fans.

If you are ok of course :)

The goal is always the same, share more pictures to give more to the community.

I'm planning on dragging my friends there on Saturday or Sunday, I just need to think of something to write......:wink:

Back
Top Bottom