Get WELL Fund

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowKite

War Child
I had an idea and I need help. There is usually a Bono Birthday well fund, but how about a Get WELL Fund?

I think it might be awesome to show our support for Bono in taking the time out to get truly better and not just good enough to go on.

I have never coordinated a well fund and I am hoping some one who has can assist or implement the idea.

Anybody?

You can visit and donate here: Get WELL Fund for Bono | causes.com

This is a great idea. I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, I emailed African Well Fund about the idea (did not take credit for it).. This is what they replied. I am not on Facebook and have no computer skills, but maybe someone else could do this.

"Thanks for contacting the African Well Fund. A Get WELL Bono fundraiser is a wonderful idea. AWF fundraises year round for water projects, not just for Bono's Birthday, so we always have projects in need.

There are a couple of different ways you could set this up. One would be through a Facebook 'cause'. Anyone can start a cause and select African Well Fund as the beneficiary. Another way would be to set up a Firstgiving page http://www.firstgiving.com/

Either of these options allows you a mechanism for collecting and tabulating donations without having to handle money or receipts yourself. We have had many people successfully fundraise for AWF using both of these sites.

Once you have the fundraiser in place, let us know and we can help to publicize through our site, our facebook page and on Twitter."

That is fantastic! What an awesome idea! Thank you for doing that, I will go donate right now.

Ooooo, fantastic! this is great because i didn't have the money at the time to contribute for Bono's birthday, so I will make up for it this time.

do we have to go through facebook? cause I don't have one. I don't believe in social networking except for this site and twitter to follow Edge. :shifty:

Ooooo, fantastic! this is great because i didn't have the money at the time to contribute for Bono's birthday, so I will make up for it this time.

do we have to go through facebook? cause I don't have one. I don't believe in social networking except for this site and twitter to follow Edge. :shifty:
It's public, so I don't believe you need to join. At least that's what the FAQ page told me. Let me know if that isn't true.

Thanks!

So far we have raised $1,085 and recruited 206 members. :applaud: This fundraiser will continue until July 19th [which was the end of the North American leg].

Please tell all your U2 connections! Have a great holiday weekend! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom