Freestylin' Friday: The Joshua Tree to Love Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
FREESTYLIN' EDGE:
The Joshua Tree Edge to Love Town Edge

Come on now, it's ALL about The Edge and his trusty 1976 Gibson Explorer.
Edge1987b2-1.jpg

Gibson-Explorer-1976-natural-JT_era.png

RHMT407.jpg

Edge with his Yamaha AE2000. I first saw him use this one for "Pride" at the Self Aid show in 1986. It appeared in Bono's hands on the Rolling Stone cover around March 1987 and was used by The Edge for "When Love Comes To Town" in the 'Rattle and Hum' film.
73.jpg

DANVEL-NELSON Custom Made Strat style guitar. Used during the Joshua Tree tour. Not seen since. (Danvel-Nelson made a Telecaster style guitar for Bono too)
Danvel-Nelson_Strat-style-4.jpg

Edge and his Dobro playing "Jesus Christ" with Bono
JesusChrist-WoodyGuthriedocument-7.png

Edge has/had(?) Fender Clapton model Stratocaster starting around the Love Town tour.

Had a yellow (seen often that tour), red (seen some) and the charcoal Clapton... seen more during the Zoo tours but some during Love Town.

edge89.jpg

edgejtbandanashirtopen.jpg

Fen-Clapton-Strat-1989-red-Love_tow.jpg

Fen-Strat-Clapton-Yllw-1.jpg

lovetowntour893-1.jpg

Ric-330-12-firglo-1967-Pt_Depot-1.jpg

Guitars in this pic?
Edge is holding his 1967 Rickenbacker 330 12-string (fireglo finish). In the background - Left to Right:
1975 Gibson Les Paul Custom - Auctioned at the 2007 Icons of Music Auction)
1962 Gretsch White Falcon - Sseen in the Pride video and in Rattle And Hum movie during "Desire" and "Van Diemen's Land".
1964 Fender Stratocaster - Looks like it may have had another finish but that it was stripped? You might recognize it as it is the Stratocaster that Edge never took on the road. He promised Dallas that he wouldn't. That changed on the Elevation tour when he did tour with that guitar; using it for "Stuck In A Moment".[/FONT]

Edge_orchestra, your infinite knowledge amazes me lol. and your icon. because i love bono and edge and i also love johnny and chris.

Edge_orchestra, your infinite knowledge amazes me lol. and your icon. because i love bono and edge and i also love johnny and chris.

I like Coldplay. Just having a laugh at thier expense. Edge made a funny comment in the new Q magazine.

I do know some U2 fans that seem 'offended' by Coldplay's existence. Seems odd to me.

As for knowledge? Just my lil party trick? Just a hobby. Love U2. Love guitars and drums. So learning about the stuff they use to make all of them wonderful tunes is just a fun labor of love.

Knowledge + Pics = ace thread :drool::heart:

I want an explorerrrr

Lol.

soo prettyy. As it happens Im actually "making " one for my graphic design course. Its gonna have a custom paintjob (by me :lol:)

Not actually going to be a working guitar unfortunately. ): Just a wooden shell.

anywayyy love this thread. :cute:

AHHHHH!!!!! I <3 you EO!

I just started a thread because I didn't see this one..... FAIL ME.

I've been ALLLLLLLL about the JT Edge lately so I'm welcoming this with open arms. :up::applaud:

The guitar here is the 1975 Gibson Les Paul Custom. Edge got this during the October tour-era. He wanted one because Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols had one.

This guitar was also auctioned at the 2007 Icons of Music auction.

01mrauctlp3.jpg

edgegibsonlespaulback.jpg

edge-1975-cream-gibson.jpg

As we've learned from the recent Music Radar interview with Dallas, Gibson subsequently 'cloned' said Les Paul Custom - which Edge has been using for "Unknown Caller" and "Walk On" during the U2 360 tour.

Tell us guitar stories... :) :) :)

You should write a book, my man.

724701292_GRYRE-O.jpg

would it be possible to just have a "guitar" thread, maybe the mods would even sticky it at the top of pleba, and not turn the weekly Edge threads into a guitar thread? It's not that I don't appreciate the guitars but it seems like every week the threads become a guitar lesson. I know others feel this way as well. Thanks.

would it be possible to just have a "guitar" thread, maybe the mods would even sticky it at the top of pleba, and not turn the weekly Edge threads into a guitar thread? It's not that I don't appreciate the guitars but it seems like every week the threads become a guitar lesson. I know others feel this way as well. Thanks.

Sorry if I've crossed some line here. I was merely offering more to the conversation about the various Edge pictures than "he's hot".

So I genuinely apologize for mentioning it. I won't anymore.

Sorry if I've crossed some line here. I was merely offering more to the conversation about the various Edge pictures than "he's hot".

So I genuinely apologize for mentioning it. I won't anymore.

It isn't that you've crossed a line, but I know ARW and I have been here for a long time (we used to run the Freestyle Friday threads for a long time, I even ran the Adam ones) and we're usually not going around saying "how hot" Edge is. I love learning about his guitars as well; I have quite an extensive knowledge of them myself. But I agree that maybe one thread would be enough.

Back
Top Bottom