Freestylin' Friday: Music Rising revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
With an eye on the Gulf oil spill and feeling for those workers and residents being affected -- Music Rising revisited.

In other news... I've heard talk of a new Music Rising guitar coming out. Time will tell if/when that sees the light of day... Time will tell.

As for now...

LG-Gibson-MR-Les_Paul.jpg

One of the big ticket items of the Music Rising "Icons of Music" auctions was when Edge sold his 1972 Les Paul Custom. While all the literature called it a 1975, Dallas told me it was a 1972 and that he was sad to see that guitar go.

How much did it net for Music Rising? $240,000 !!!

Guitar Center bought it and they tour it with other famous guitars like Eric Clapton's "Blackie", Clapton's Gibson 335 and Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Lenny", guitars.

0620081524bwd0-1.jpg

0620081524aip3-1.jpg

0620081518hr9-1.jpg

What did EDGE ORCHESTRA want from the auction? (But obviously could not afford)

Come on, it's GORGEOUS. And it matches my eyes.

EDGE CONCERT USED GIBSON GUITAR SOLD FOR $50,000.00 USD

large-399d.jpg

large-399.jpg

large-399a.jpg

large-399b.jpg

large-399c.jpg

More in a bit, lunchtime is over...

More items from the 2008 Icons of Music: Music Rising auction...

ADAM CLAYTON STAGE, VIDEO AND STUDIO PLAYED Fender Jazz bass
SOLD FOR $32,000.00 USD - this bass used to be tobacco finish but Adam had the finish removed. Dallas recently told me that Adam doesn't like tobacco finish so much. I think that they particular Jazz Bass was used for tours dating back to The Unforgettable Fire tour.

large-391.jpg

EDGE SIGNED LIMITED EDITION MUSIC RISING EPIPHONE Les Paul Standard
SOLD FOR $31,000.00 USD

large-408.jpg

large-408a.jpg

large-408b.jpg

BONO'S STAGE WORN BULLET LEATHER JACKET FROM THE VERTIGO TOUR
SOLD FOR $30,000.00 USD

large-398.jpg

large-398a.jpg

large-398b.jpg

oooooo! i never saw the pinkish version!!!:hyper::drool::drool:

good idea to revisit Music Rising, E_O !!! :heart: Edge!

Pinkish one seems new for this tour. I've seen video of him using it for "New Years Day". All of the Gibson Music Rising finishes have the same idea, various colours, but have different hues. No two are alike, in theory. Edge's look great.

The one that Chas from Joshua Tree looks great. The one that Scott from Joshua Tree has a nice finish too.

The one I saw at Guitar Center a year ago... butt ugly!

I saw Edge using a real pretty one in Hollywood a couple of years ago when he and Bono played with BB King. I remember sitting in the theatre freaking out when Dallas set the guitars out because I'd never seen Edge use that guitar before :reject:

Back
Top Bottom