Freestylin' Friday: Gretsch-tastic Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freestylin' Friday: Gretsch-tastic Edge

As my Gretsch Country Gent arrives today... A tribute to The Edge and his use of various Gretsch Guitars:

This one is actually Bono's. It's a 1959 Country Club in lovely Cadillac Green. Beautiful! First two are from the Magnificent video.

1959-Country_Club-2.jpg

1959-Country_Club-1.jpg

And here Edge playin' Bono's gee-tar in Modena in 1995 at the Pavarotti and Friends concert.
pavconcert-1.jpg

Double cut-away stereo Gretsch White Falcon. It is a think of beauty.

196x-WHite_Falcon-3.jpg

Gretsch-White_Falcon-gif.gif

Gretsch-White_Falcon-1962-white-1.jpg

Gretsch-White_Falcon-1962-white-2.jpg

Gretsch-White_Falcon-196x-white-3.jpg

Here's a different White Falcon that Edge used during the NLOTH sessions. Not sure what if any songs it appeared in the final mix. Being that he's playing this instead of the one we all know and love from the Pride video and in the Rattle and Hum movie, makes me think that maybe the original was one of the victims of the flood in 2002? Hope not but I suppose it's possible.

Pride
YouTube - U2 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Van Diemen's Land
YouTube - U2 - Van Diemen's Land

Desire
YouTube - Desire - U2

Trip Through Your Wires (TV Gaga - 1986)
YouTube - U2 - Trip Through Your Wires (Live TV Gaga 1986) HD

This one is mine. It arrived today. It was delivered to my work as it required a signature. How am I supposed to concentrate on work when this beauty is sitting next to me? :D

BwS8wB2kKGrHqUOKjkEwRghDUcBMIl9WG1_.jpg

BwS4hB2kKGrHqUOKnIEvyFrzKsmBMIl9G55.jpg

BwS6uQ2kKGrHqYOKiQEvz4Phb1BMIl9OM9g.jpg

More Pics of Edge and his Gretsch-tastic White Falcon, Country Clubs, Country Gentleman guitar to come.

I'll be directing the husband to this thread Edge-0. His next guitar is going to be a Gretsch I do believe. :hmm:

This one is mine. It arrived today. It was delivered to my work as it required a signature. How am I supposed to concentrate on work when this beauty is sitting next to me? :D

BwS4hB2kKGrHqUOKnIEvyFrzKsmBMIl9G55.jpg

More Pics of Edge and his Gretsch-tastic White Falcon, Country Clubs, Country Gentleman guitar to come.

You know how to make me jealous :scream: I totally understand your lack of concentration thanks to that beauty.

The second of the two Country Gents getting stage time during the 360 tour. This one is getting used for "City of Blinding Lights". One way to tell them apart is that this one has a pickguard and the one used for "Magnificent" doesn't.

There are other differences but I won't bore you too much with them. I'm sure a few folks eyes are glazing over already. (sorry)

6083-61074-size3.jpg

0bcec7fd.jpg

-21424-size3.jpg

Edge3.jpg

351-89369-size3.jpg

This one from the PLEASE video. I think that is a Double Anniversary model. Need to double check that one.

CB11.jpg

So Jeff, are you gonna cover One Tree Hill with your new geetar?

So Jeff, are you gonna cover One Tree Hill with your new geetar?

I was actually playing the Gretsch mere moments ago. I was getting it ready for Brady from 'Elevation (Canada)', who will be the guest Bono with Joshua Tree at the OC Fair this Saturday.

So I'm loaning Brady my Gretsch, Washburn EA20, M13 and Vox AC15.

I was dialing in some tones... and once warmed up a bit... I did play me some "One Tree Hill". And, as I recently learned, a favorite of one Dallas Schoo. (True story)

Mr. Dallas has good taste :love: , seriously epic song. Should be played and loved a whole lot more!
elevation is a good cover band, saw some video material from them.
Really good. We only have 2 good cover bands here in the country.
But then again, its 100 times smaller or something.

Back
Top Bottom