FREESTYLIN' FRIDAY: Early Edge (up to 1985)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
FREESTYLIN' FRIDAY: Early Edge (up to 1985):

"Surrender" on the Epiphone Elektar Zephyr lap steel. (1984/85)
Elektar-1945-UF_tour-1.jpg

304654260_b083b5ccd7.jpg

Photo1257.jpg

Gib-Explorer-1976-UF_tour-1.jpg

Gib-1976-Explorer-WarTour-2.jpg

ER1049_U2_P.jpg

edgeearlydays008.jpg

Copyof7c94b254.jpg

11450152.jpg

edge0397.jpg

I'll look for you EO... thought it might have been in the '87 Guitar World I had but alas, it is not. Do you know where it was published at all? If I have it, I will scan it for you big....

theedge25.jpg

theedge28.jpg

Edge was really rockin' the Joe Strummer look in these two shots, perhaps not by total accident. :wink:

Interesting that you mention Joe Strummer... I remember reading an article about the making of "War" and Bono and Edge mentioned that they were trying to get a more rock sound like The Clash and less of the delay stuff that was on the first two albums. Judging by "Sunday Bloody Sunday", the politics of "Seconds", "Surrender"... they succeeded.

I'll look for you EO... thought it might have been in the '87 Guitar World I had but alas, it is not. Do you know where it was published at all? If I have it, I will scan it for you big....

There was a pic, cropped of the pic I posted, of Edge with the lap steel in the 1985 Guitar Player article. Those are the only two pics I've seen. Arrrgh.

By the way... I found a 1939 Epiphone Electar Zephyr lap steel like Edge's... and I'm buying it.

Back
Top Bottom