FREESTYLIN' FRIDAY: Dallas. The Man Behind 'The Man'..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
FREESTYLIN' FRIDAY: Dallas. The Man Behind 'The Man'.

Pictures of Dallas Schoo and Edge with Dallas.

Since Dallas Schoo has been working for Mr. The Edge, he's been able to use a lot more guitars, amps and technology in general and bring us fans the best possible guitar sound and by that, great sounding records and shows.

Without Dallas, Edge's job would be so much more difficult for him to accomplish.

So give it up for the humble man from Kentucky. Always one with a kind word and a smile.

All Because of Schoo... The Edge is in tune!

My U2:360 shirt for the Fall `09 shows. I gave one to Dallas too.
Schoo2_360shirt.jpg

edgedallasvegaslz6.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

U2024.jpg

dallas_schoo-10-22-2005-pitts-1.jpg

dallas_schoo-epiphone-music_rising-.jpg

dallasmrwhite3_jpg_w300h419.jpg

dallasschoo-ultimateadvert_jpg_w300.jpg

I think that shot was in LA or Vegas, November 2005.

I remember there was a string of two or three shows in a row where The Edge broke a string during "...Wild Horses".

Hence Dallas handing off that guitars' identical twin as a replacement and turning on the wireless unit.

edgedallasvegaslz6.jpg

I made one of those for Dallas too. I gave it to him at the Phoenix show. Word has it, he liked it lots.

Nice guy, that Dallas. He's one of those people you meet and think "Yep, this is what class looks like".

WOW,so,did you already give to him this t-shirt????Awesome!!!!:up:
I'd love to meet Dallas,he must be a nice guy!:heart:

How long has Dallas been working for/with Edge? Is he employed by Edge himself or by some other entity (i.e. Paul McG/Pricipal Management/the band as a whole)?

Just a couple of things I've been curious about for a while and I figured Mr. E_O might know. :D

How long has Dallas been working for/with Edge? Is he employed by Edge himself or by some other entity (i.e. Paul McG/Pricipal Management/the band as a whole)?

Just a couple of things I've been curious about for a while and I figured Mr. E_O might know. :D

Dallas has worked for Edge since Joshua Tree. Before him Steve Raines was his tech.

Dallas has and does still do some work with others. We talked a bit about that when I spoke to him last Saturday.

He worked for Don Felder (Eagles) in the early days. He worked for Steve Farris (Mr. Mister) previous to U2. I've heard that he'd done some work for Prince at one point. Post Zoo TV he worked for Mike McCready (Pearl Jam). He worked for one of Paul McCartney's guitar players a few years back (I think right after the Elevation tour)... and around 2003 he worked for Nils Lofgren (Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band) Dallas Schoo is listed in the credits of Bruce's Live in Barcelona DVD.

Recently he'd been slated to work for Dave Keuning (The Killers) but the U2 tour postponement (I think) will make him unavailable.

As for how the arrangement work with either Edge or Principle Management, I am not sure. Never thought to ask. Seems he is on retainer to some extent. Edge has 'first dibs'. But if there are no tours or U2 recordings, that is when Dallas takes other tours.

Back
Top Bottom