For The Girls.... or Guys. Who's Hotter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shallow?

You're telling me I'm supposed to find someone who's almost as old and could have been my dad attractive?
That would be unhealthy. I don't have a fucking Oedipus complex.

YOU are the one being shallow here. Because you refuse to see that the people here are from all ages and have all different tastes. THERE EXIST PEOPLE WHO DO NOT FIND BONO SEXY. *shudder*

I don't say he is not sexy, because that is a matter of opinion. But I have a right to my opinion and in mine he's just too old for me to find attractive.

You totally have a right to your opinion. In the words of Voltaire 'I may
not agree with what you say but I will defend to my death your right to say it.'

But you would have to have to be a boy to have an Oedipus complex. You could possibly (not) have an 'Electra' complex. (all his children had complexes which isn't really all that strange is you think about it!)

(I don't think you are shallow-I think that is rather a cheap shot actually and an easy one)

:)

DL4.jpg

RAWR. :evil:

That's all I have to say. :D

I'll second that.

Well girls, nowadays, he looks again like Pop Bono.... with 10 more years. So you don't find him attractive anymore?

Haircut-wise, yes. I really grew to like the new hair, because I think it fits him better with age.

Pop Bono ... image-wise, outfit-wise (horrible) I didn't like that era, and he was way too thin for my taste, he almost looked sick.

Shallow?

You're telling me I'm supposed to find someone who's almost as old and could have been my dad attractive?
That would be unhealthy. I don't have a fucking Oedipus complex.

YOU are the one being shallow here. Because you refuse to see that the people here are from all ages and have all different tastes. THERE EXIST PEOPLE WHO DO NOT FIND BONO SEXY. *shudder*

I don't say he is not sexy, because that is a matter of opinion. But I have a right to my opinion and in mine he's just too old for me to find attractive.

Stop overreacting.

So Bono has to apologize for aging?

There are a lot of women who find elder men attractive. It's not more unhealthy than an old guy lusting for a 19 year old girl.

We talk again when you are his (or at least my) age.

And I recommend to read a book before you toss psychological terms around, because apparently you have no idea what the Oedipus complex is.

Hi Gg! :wave: long time no see! Seems like.

That is the weidest hairstyle. :lol:
:wave: hai!

I know, I mean, I totally understand it was cool in the 80s and I really don't mind the mullet on Bono(*coughavatarcough*) but yea, these days :lol: It just looks hillarious!

You totally have a right to your opinion. In the words of Voltaire 'I may
not agree with what you say but I will defend to my death your right to say it.'

But you would have to have to be a boy to have an Oedipus complex. You could possibly (not) have an 'Electra' complex. (all his children had complexes which isn't really all that strange is you think about it!)

(I don't think you are shallow-I think that is rather a cheap shot actually and an easy one)

:)

:up: Nice quote there.
Myea I know, but I think it could be changed to genders. It's the idea.. I'm not violent enough for an Electra complex, but I see your point. :wink:

Haircut-wise, yes. I really grew to like the new hair, because I think it fits him better with age.

Pop Bono ... image-wise, outfit-wise (horrible) I didn't like that era, and he was way too thin for my taste, he almost looked sick.

Stop overreacting.

So Bono has to apologize for aging?

There are a lot of women who find elder men attractive. It's not more unhealthy than an old guy lusting for a 19 year old girl.

We talk again when you are his (or at least my) age.

And I recommend to read a book before you toss psychological terms around, because apparently you have no idea what the Oedipus complex is.

I'm overreacting? I'm sorry but am I now not supposed to reply when someone insults me?

Where do I say he needs to apologize? Wtf are you talking about? All I'm saying is that he's just not my cup of tea, where do you draw the conclusion he has to aplogize from?

There might be, and I'm one of them. I find some men attractive who are 20 years my senior. But Bono is almost 30 years older than me. For me it's just too much.

We'll do. But that'll take another 30 years, and I doubt U2 are still around by the time.

Now that's humouring me. I have no clue what an Oedipus complex is? I'm sorry? I haven't had Latin and Greek myths and language for 6 years? This is a completely random statement from you that makes no sense. really.
Oedipus was in love with his mother, and I used it because I couldn't come up with the same comparison(Electra) for the females. It's only to prove a point, not to follow the fucking thing literally.
Ffs, why do I even bother.

Omg this must be the most ridiculous and therefore the best thread ever :lol:

So Chris or Bono? Neither. Chris looks like a chipmunk and Bono...well, much as I love him as a singer, he just doesn't do anything more for me. :wink:

However, we could talk about Guy Berryman and Larry Mullen though :drool:

But the hottest man in music is Tim Rice-Oxley.

I'm overreacting? I'm sorry but am I now not supposed to reply when someone insults me?

Where do I say he needs to apologize? Wtf are you talking about? All I'm saying is that he's just not my cup of tea, where do you draw the conclusion he has to aplogize from?

There might be, and I'm one of them. I find some men attractive who are 20 years my senior. But Bono is almost 30 years older than me. For me it's just too much.

We'll do. But that'll take another 30 years, and I doubt U2 are still around by the time.

Now that's humouring me. I have no clue what an Oedipus complex is? I'm sorry? I haven't had Latin and Greek myths and language for 6 years? This is a completely random statement from you that makes no sense. really.
Oedipus was in love with his mother, and I used it because I couldn't come up with the same comparison(Electra) for the females. It's only to prove a point, not to follow the fucking thing literally.
Ffs, why do I even bother.

:lol: I'm really glad you do!

And I don't think it is over-reacting to keep coming back at someone so determined to put you down.

And yes you are absolutely right about the whole Oedipus thing (now that I have thought about it), it is a freudian idea and there are plenty of women who want to kill their mothers and marry their fathers.

That is so fascinating that you are studying Greek language? Did you say? That's one thing I have never done. Mythology, literature, history and actually going there too. But I certainly couldn't understand the signs!

It was so amazing though, I would love to go back..........

:lol: I'm really glad you do!

And I don't think it is over-reacting to keep coming back at someone so determined to put you down.

And yes you are absolutely right about the whole Oedipus thing (now that I have thought about it), it is a freudian idea and there are plenty of women who want to kill their mothers and marry their fathers.

That is so fascinating that you are studying Greek language? Did you say? That's one thing I have never done. Mythology, literature, history and actually going there too. But I certainly couldn't understand the signs!

It was so amazing though, I would love to go back..........

I think it's way more common for women to have a complex like this than for men. At least you hear it more often. Probably because the idea of an older man and younger woman is much more accepted in society these days than an older woman and a toyboy. I guess it's cause of the old standards or so. I personally don't see why age should matter for love. If you fall in love with an older guy, you fall in love. No can do!

Well I don't study it but I live in Holland.:wink:
At highschool we must choose a bunch of languages, English ofcourse, either French or German(or both) and then when you do medium level you get Spanish, when you do upper you can either do Atheneum, which has Spanish or music/arts or Gymnasium, which has Latin and later Greek.
You make a choice after three years which one you want to advance in, I chose Latin, but we also had a separate subject on Ancient history and mythology, trip to Rome to see everything.

That's one choice I shall never regret! (I do regret not getting music as an extra class! Damn that tutor who told me not to! Damn me for listening!)

I think it's way more common for women to have a complex like this than for men. At least you hear it more often. Probably because the idea of an older man and younger woman is much more accepted in society these days than an older woman and a toyboy. I guess it's cause of the old standards or so. I personally don't see why age should matter for love. If you fall in love with an older guy, you fall in love. No can do!

At highschool we must choose a bunch of languages, English ofcourse, either French or German(or both) and then when you do medium level you get Spanish, when you do upper you can either do Atheneum, which has Spanish or music/arts or Gymnasium, which has Latin and later Greek.
You make a choice after three years which one you want to advance in, I chose Latin, but we also had a separate subject on Ancient history and mythology, trip to Rome to see everything.

That's one choice I shall never regret! (I do regret not getting music as an extra class! Damn that tutor who told me not to! Damn me for listening!)

You're Dutch!

I seriously would never have guessed and I have had Dutch friends before and yeah they are usually pretty clever and speak loads of languages.

So have you been to Rome?

You're Dutch!

I seriously would never have guessed and I have had Dutch friends before and yeah they are usually pretty clever and speak loads of languages.

So have you been to Rome?

Oh you know Dutchies? Nice!

Yea, it's a trip with school in our 5th year of highscool. Pretty big impression for a bunch of hyperactive 16 year olds! The hotel was crap(Cockroaches, if you got up too late cold showers, uncomfy beds, thievery and the likes) but the whole experience was amazing. We even got to see the pope! :lol: It was a complete accident but the day we went to visit the San Pietro the pope was there. We thought it was normal that it was so busy there.
The sistine chapel was awesome too, and we also visited Napoli and Pompei one day.

You ever been to Rome?

Oh you know Dutchies? Nice!

Yea, it's a trip with school in our 5th year of highscool. Pretty big impression for a bunch of hyperactive 16 year olds! The hotel was crap(Cockroaches, if you got up too late cold showers, uncomfy beds, thievery and the likes) but the whole experience was amazing. We even got to see the pope! :lol: It was a complete accident but the day we went to visit the San Pietro the pope was there. We thought it was normal that it was so busy there.
The sistine chapel was awesome too, and we also visited Napoli and Pompei one day.

You ever been to Rome?

Never! I've actually heard terrible things about it. I mean great things of course but terrible too. Just overcrowded, dirty, too many cars, ok like most cities, I don't like cites too much. I've heard better things about Florence.

I would love to visit Herculaneum and Pompeii. That's the Amalfi Coast isn't it?

Did you ask the Pope about Bono?

:sexywink:

Never! I've actually heard terrible things about it. I mean great things of course but terrible too. Just overcrowded, dirty, too many cars, ok like most cities, I don't like cites too much. I've heard better things about Florence.

I would love to visit Herculaneum and Pompeii. That's the Amalfi Coast isn't it?

Did you ask the Pope about Bono?

:sexywink:

:lol: It's dirty and very crowded yes. But the cars aren't bad. Most people there aren't insured, so they'll think twice before crashing into a hord of people. They don't do traffic lights there either, it's more collecting a bunch of walking people, and then when there's enough of them just pass cause the cars will stop anyway!
Ah yes, Florence, beautiful city! Great marketplaces too, and the David ofcourse. I've been there the year after Rome, we had a student exchange with Italy and I was one of the lucky few who could go! We went by train for a day.

Not sure which coast it is, but it was really impressive to see what a volcano can do. Pity that we couldn't see the dog, I really wanted to see it after the pics in our Latin textbook. It was on tour to America to some museum. :grumpy: Just my luck!

:wink: I didn't get to talk to him. It was waaaay crowded there, I almost got squashed cause of all the people!

I don't understaaaaaaand. I think Bono is hot. I prefer older men. But WTF LU. Calling GG shallow because she doesn't fancy older Bono? It's her (and anyone else's) prerogative to not be attracted to men so much older than she is. I'm sorry if that offends you, but seriously.. you're being a bit absurd about it. No one's saying "Men in their fourties are disgusted!" we're kind of saying "It's okay to not like a guy twice your age." I'm sure when GG is closer to her 40s, she'll like men in their 40s. Just because you're closer to Bono's age doesn't mean anyone's trying to say people in that age bracket can't be hot. Calm down, dear.

That reminds me of a riddle.

What's a sheep without legs?
A pillow? :confused:

Reminds me of Eddie Izzard:

YouTube - Eddie Izzard - Being Bilingual

"In Europe we have 200 languages. 200 languages! Just count them, I know you won't! And future generations if Europeans, I'm sorry Europeans, but we're going to have to be bilingual. We are all gonna have to be, and English speakers hate this: 'Two languages in one head?! No one can live at that speed! Good lord man, you're asking the impossible!' .. 'But the Dutch speak four languages and spoke marijuana.' .. 'Yes, but they're cheating.'"

Nope. A cloud! :D

"In Europe we have 200 languages. 200 languages! Just count them, I know you won't! And future generations if Europeans, I'm sorry Europeans, but we're going to have to be bilingual. We are all gonna have to be, and English speakers hate this: 'Two languages in one head?! No one can live at that speed! Good lord man, you're asking the impossible!' .. 'But the Dutch speak four languages and spoke marijuana.' .. 'Yes, but they're cheating.'"

:lmao: Wow, I never saw that! The guy's funny, even tho he's a drag queen!

I was close :up:

Correction: He's a transvestite. He's very clear on the difference at the beginning of his Dress to Kill special. He also claims to be 'an executive transvestite'. He hardly ever dresses up anymore though :(

Yea, oddly enough you're the 2nd person who said pillow today! Ah well, it's funnier when you say it completely dead pan.

:reject: Pardon me then. I stand corrected. Seems like a funny guy!

Yea, oddly enough you're the 2nd person who said pillow today! Ah well, it's funnier when you say it completely dead pan.

:reject: Pardon me then. I stand corrected. Seems like a funny guy!

Yes, we love Eddie Izzard.

I've never been to Amsterdam (I was a little scared to go!) but I have been to Antwerp. And it was beautiful. Took the ferry from was it Dover? (so long ago) to Ostend. Superfun!

The absence of traffic lights and/or need for insurance in Rome has rather captured my imagination. I was thinking about the whole no traffic lights thing all day yesterday. So you can keep going and never stop? Wow! How would you discourage people from gathering themselves into groups and then hurling themselves (bravely!) into the road? By driving really fast?! How fun! But really not fun to be a pedestrian. You have to wait for a group of people before you cross the road? That could take some time. And I hate waiting. Course you have to wait for traffic lights too.

Fascinating.

And what is the significance of the dog?

Tell me more!

:hyper:

Yes, we love Eddie Izzard.

I've never been to Amsterdam (I was a little scared to go!) but I have been to Antwerp. And it was beautiful. Took the ferry from was it Dover? (so long ago) to Ostend. Superfun!

The absence of traffic lights and/or need for insurance in Rome has rather captured my imagination. I was thinking about the whole no traffic lights thing all day yesterday. So you can keep going and never stop? Wow! How would you discourage people from gathering themselves into groups and then hurling themselves (bravely!) into the road? By driving really fast?! How fun! But really not fun to be a pedestrian. You have to wait for a group of people before you cross the road? That could take some time. And I hate waiting. Course you have to wait for traffic lights too.

Fascinating.

And what is the significance of the dog?

Tell me more!

:hyper:

Ah Antwerp, nice city!That's not Holland tho, that's Belgium.

:lol: Well some pedestrians stop for cars, so you can drive. And if you force them by driving trough they'll stop for you. It's an odd odd situation!

oh the dog. I totally forgot to elaborate that! :reject:
In our 2nd year of latin we had a textbook which had a few texts about Pompei. One of them was about a dog that was chained to a pole or someting, in Pompei, the day of the eruption.
Scarily enough, they actually found that dog! And conserved it. So I was looking forward to seeing that. Sadly it wasn't there.
It was really odd seeing all those people tho.

I don't understaaaaaaand. I think Bono is hot. I prefer older men. But WTF LU. Calling GG shallow because she doesn't fancy older Bono? It's her (and anyone else's) prerogative to not be attracted to men so much older than she is. I'm sorry if that offends you, but seriously.. you're being a bit absurd about it. No one's saying "Men in their fourties are disgusted!" we're kind of saying "It's okay to not like a guy twice your age." I'm sure when GG is closer to her 40s, she'll like men in their 40s. Just because you're closer to Bono's age doesn't mean anyone's trying to say people in that age bracket can't be hot. Calm down, dear.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EDDIE! one of THE FUNNIEST comedians out there. And dressed to kill is my fav, I have seen it so many times and I never tire of it. That is also one of my fav bits in that show, the whole show had me in tears.

but here is the best one..

cake or death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOLOGGftTY&NR=1
the bit is toward the end at the 5:10 mark.

bonovanityfairmagtextless.jpg

I know he's wanting me to curl up on his lap & tell him what I want for Christmas. :drool: Freakin' mother lovin' hot hot hot!

Ah Antwerp, nice city!That's not Holland tho, that's Belgium.

:lol: Well some pedestrians stop for cars, so you can drive. And if you force them by driving trough they'll stop for you. It's an odd odd situation!

oh the dog. I totally forgot to elaborate that! :reject:
In our 2nd year of latin we had a textbook which had a few texts about Pompei. One of them was about a dog that was chained to a pole or someting, in Pompei, the day of the eruption.
Scarily enough, they actually found that dog! And conserved it. So I was looking forward to seeing that. Sadly it wasn't there.
It was really odd seeing all those people tho.

Ah yes it's all coming back now. I had two Belgian friends, one dutch Belgian from Antwerp, a girl and one French Belgian from Bruxelles, a guy. I also knew a Dutch family actually from Holland (!) but I don't know where from.

I guess what I meant to say was where are you?

(Poor dog! Aaaaoooohhh!)

:sad::depressed::(

Seriously, guys? We're having a catfight over Bono? Um...okay.

For the record, I don't think Bono's attractive, either.
What does this mean in the grand scheme of things? Absolutely nothing.

I think those who are taking GG's preferences so personally ought to take a breather and leave her alone. She isn't the only one who doesn't think he's sexy. After all, it's Only A Poll. And chances are, Bono doesn't care. :grin:

BTW - what's up with that owl? That thing looks like my mother's cat on speed. :lmao:

Seriously, guys? We're having a catfight over Bono? Um...okay.

For the record, I don't think Bono's attractive, either.
What does this mean in the grand scheme of things? Absolutely nothing.

I think those who are taking GG's preferences so personally ought to take a breather and leave her alone. She isn't the only one who doesn't think he's sexy. After all, it's Only A Poll. And chances are, Bono doesn't care. :grin:

BTW - what's up with that owl? That thing looks like my mother's cat on speed. :lmao:

You're saying you prefer Chris Martin?! :eyebrow:

Owl, what owl? Did I miss an owl?!

Back
Top Bottom