Edge Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgesBiggestFan

The Fly
HI! I've seen threads for Bono and Adam quotes but not Edge quotes. I think he's hilarious. So please share you Edgey quotes here.

My favourite has to be:

Cool Name: The Edge
Uncool Name: Sting

The look of sheer innocence on his face afterward cracks me up every time. :lol:

HI! I've seen threads for Bono and Adam quotes but not Edge quotes. I think he's hilarious. So please share you Edgey quotes here.

My favourite has to be:

Cool Name: The Edge
Uncool Name: Sting

The look of sheer innocence on his face afterward cracks me up every time. :lol:
That was priceless! I loved his admission to sucking at guitar hero too. Great topic!

I liked that one, too.

UNCOOLDEMOTIVATOR.jpg

Can anyone find the exact wording of the one where he's talking about adjusting to life at home after a tour, and sort of feeling 'in the way' at home. He says something like "I just wander around the house looking for things that need doing, like washing the dishes or painting the cat."

does this count? :

His gaze drifts off into the air, mentally subdividing God-knows-what complex equation. It turns out he's wondering if right now Larry is finding the fan letter Edge left lying conspicuously in the dressing room. The letter tells Edge that he is 'the best-looking member of U2. Bono has a big nose and Larry looks like an inflatable doll.' Edge got the note in Australia and he plans to keep leaving it out until Larry notices it. 'Bass players attract the weirdest fans,' Edge says. 'I tend to get the bespectacled MIT students. Bono gets the poets. And Larry, unfortunately, gets the girls.' Edge sighs and repeats the old saw: 'We should have gotten a Ringo.' The Beautiful Boy himself enters the cafeteria, showing no signs of having yet seen himself described as inflatable. Edge gets up to collect his mash note for next time. (Bill Flannagan, U2 at the End of the World)

one of my favorites is from a VH1 special he and Larry did, I think around the Elevation tour. I can't remember what it was for. He says something like

"rock and roll...guitars, bass, drums, voice at high volume :yes: that's me....."

The :yes: was a little head nod he does to the camera, if I'm remembering that correctly. It used to be my signature here long ago when I first signed up.....

Embarrassing moment! My room overlooks the park and yesterday during the afternoon
I'd opened up all the blinds and taken back the curtains so I could look out over the park.
Come nightfall, I was grooving to some rap record in my room, bopping around the room
for maybe half an hour. I don't know what I was doing, just messing around...and at one
stage I looked out of the window and there were about 200 people looking up, clapping,
applauding my dancing. That was funny." -August 21st, 1992 @ The Four Seasons Hotel
in Boston

Embarrassing moment! My room overlooks the park and yesterday during the afternoon
I'd opened up all the blinds and taken back the curtains so I could look out over the park.
Come nightfall, I was grooving to some rap record in my room, bopping around the room
for maybe half an hour. I don't know what I was doing, just messing around...and at one
stage I looked out of the window and there were about 200 people looking up, clapping,
applauding my dancing. That was funny." -August 21st, 1992 @ The Four Seasons Hotel
in Boston

:lmao:!!!:up:

"We are family. Bono and I bought a house together ten years ago in the south of France and Adam and Larry ended up buying in the same area, partly a practical thing, so we can work, but partly because we want to hang out together. I go to parties with these guys, "he points around the cabin," and I end up sitting in the corner talking to them. It´s weird. It´s actually weird. It´s the weirdest thing. I have other best friends too - I´m not saying they´re my only friends, but they are my best friends." by Edge - 2005

" Larry he just hits things for a living he's the concussionist." - Edge MTV interview 1983

(Interviewer): Has your relationship with him [Bono] changed?

“No. We are very close. He is my best friend.”

The Edge
June 2009

:cute:

"Wow. Well on a personal level this century has been going so well for us, we finished our album, I had a little baby boy a little while ago, the whole Jubilee 2000 work has been incredible, just everything has been going great. There's also been some great breakthroughs in science, the disposible mobile phone, 3 blade razor and the female orgasmatron which is great - anyway now this . . . thanks everybody our record company has been great, our management have been great and our producer's amazing." :D
(Acceptance speech at the Grammy's-2001)

one of my favorites is from a VH1 special he and Larry did, I think around the Elevation tour. I can't remember what it was for. He says something like

"rock and roll...guitars, bass, drums, voice at high volume :yes: that's me....."

The :yes: was a little head nod he does to the camera, if I'm remembering that correctly. It used to be my signature here long ago when I first signed up.....

That was The Best of 1900-2000 special. I used to have it on a tape, but I think I recorded over it accidentally. :( Maybe it's on YouTube. :hmm: I'd like to see that again, myself.

That was The Best of 1900-2000 special. I used to have it on a tape, but I think I recorded over it accidentally. :( Maybe it's on YouTube. :hmm: I'd like to see that again, myself.

yeah that's it. I tried to find it on youtube a while ago and didn't see it but I didn't have the actual name. I have it on vhs but I have no idea where my vhs U2 collection would be at the moment or my list of what's on each tape....

Though it's not a funny quote, I always loved this quote that Edge gave about his family:

"It's a terrible cliche, but they are the most important thing in my life. More than any album. They're where it's at."

How sweet a man is this?

This is my favorite about the Edge, if that count's :

"See, Edge is not the guy to shove in front of you, he just waits for you
to fall on your face! And then goes : Okay, maybe I can try that?

-Bono

So cute

"We are family. Bono and I bought a house together ten years ago in the south of France and Adam and Larry ended up buying in the same area, partly a practical thing, so we can work, but partly because we want to hang out together. I go to parties with these guys, "he points around the cabin," and I end up sitting in the corner talking to them. It´s weird. It´s actually weird. It´s the weirdest thing. I have other best friends too - I´m not saying they´re my only friends, but they are my best friends." by Edge - 2005

:applaud: :up:

This is my favorite about the Edge, if that count's :

"See, Edge is not the guy to shove in front of you, he just waits for you
to fall on your face! And then goes : Okay, maybe I can try that?

-Bono

So cute

That's a good one! :lol:

This isn't really an Edge quote, it's more of a Bono quote but has an Edge quote in it and I couldn't find the Bono quote thread. This comes from the TFI Friday when they did the St. Patty's Day thing he asks them what Bono has that Edge wants and what Edge has that Bono wants. He asks Edge and Edge goes "What does he have...that I want?" and Bono says "I'm right beside you.":lmao: Ok I had my moment.:lol: Just thought I'd share. And here's the video for you to see:

YouTube - U2 - TFI Friday - "St. Patrick's Day" (1 of 2)

:wink:

just saw this one on @u2.com....

"Never wear a jacket and your guitar at the same time. Ya know, it's just not a good look. But cool hats are good."

-- Edge, offering a fashion tip for guitarists, 2000

:cute:

Back
Top Bottom