Edge a Grandpa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisag71

The Fly
I always wondered if one of his kids might have had their own child and as I was reading through the thank you's on the new record I noticed that he mentioned (after his daughter Blue's name) baby Luna?

Anyone heard about this? Not looking for details or anything because I don't want to pry into his personal life but just wondering....

that's the first time the name or even the gender of the baby have been made aware to the public. One of his other daughters posted some pics on instagram, which made their way around the internet including to this site, about Blue's pregnancy. So it's been a known fact he was going to be a grandpa over the summer but no details were ever announced.

I wondered the same thing when I read the thank yous, too. I'm sure Bono will be unable to keep it a secret for too long; I can imagine him introducing "Grandpa Edge" on the next tour. :giggle:

I wondered the same thing when I read the thank yous, too. I'm sure Bono will be unable to keep it a secret for too long; I can imagine him introducing "Grandpa Edge" on the next tour. :giggle:

His daughters from his first marriage are certainly old enough to be of marrying and child-bearing age so....

Either that or he and Morleigh had another and we didn't hear about it?

If the baby photos were placed on instagram, can we see them here?

Yeah, Edge's oldest daughter Hollie turned thirty this year. I imagine they'll want to keep the fact that they are now in fact 'grandad rockers' out of the public consciousness on tour though and won't be announcing it from the stage though! At least until Bono writes a tearjerker of a song for Edge to match Original of the Species...

If the baby photos were placed on instagram, can we see them here?

Yeah, Edge's oldest daughter Hollie turned thirty this year. I imagine they'll want to keep the fact that they are now in fact 'grandad rockers' out of the public consciousness on tour though and won't be announcing it from the stage though! At least until Bono writes a tearjerker of a song for Edge to match Original of the Species...

I don't think they will have any problem/fears to share the grandad news to the public.
By the way, Hollie's just got engaged so maybe there will be more grandchildren for the Edge soon :)

I don't know if I should say who has a picture of baby Luna. I'll keep my mouth shut but I will say that she is very cute. :cute: Also Hollie is engaged too. :)

wrf7r6.jpg

This is from Jordan's instagram, posted approx 5 weeks ago. Hope the coding works, posting from my phone lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

wrf7r6.jpg

This is from Jordan's instagram, posted approx 5 weeks ago. Hope the coding works, posting from my phone lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Awwww my little heart is just melting. I wish we had granddad pics!

me too….but not necessarily with his granddaughter! I thought with a new album would mean a bunch of appearances, interviews, and new pics.

Of course I wish that too, but I think we'll see more press images with the physical release. I love love love the photos of Edge with his kids when they were tiny--his expression is always beyond adorable. I wish we had many more of them, and I'd love to see him all these years later with that same sweetness.

Found this thread when looking for the news that Edge is a grandpa again.

I was curious about this so I checked, and yes he now appears to have a 2nd Grandchild. His oldest daughter Hollie had a baby sometime in late 2018 it seems. I'm not trying to be a creeper or anything, was just curious if any of the guys were grandfathers yet.

I assume if Bono became a grandfather the whole world would know within a day. Adam's kids are both way too young. Larry's kids are in their early 20's / late teens, so while it's possible it seems unlikely to happen yet.

I found interference forums and pleba again cos I was checking if any of u2 had become grandparents just because I am now a grandparent myself :lol:

Back
Top Bottom