Does it Irritate Anyone Else that...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angry: I'll make him wear a wig until his hair has grown back at least 1,5 inch!

:shifty: I was more thinking AB Bono in that colourful shirt and leather pants or PopBono with the fuzzy red hair though..

all the guys need to be worked on so much in publicity layouts / magazines?

I mean they get their hair dyed (except the Silver fox) and who knows what else, then they put makeup on them, and finally they touch up the photos to
hide any wrinkles.

I am not irritated by the band or their team...more just sad at the world that it has to be this way :(

It doesn't bother me if they dye their hair. Why should they not do as they please? Adam has chosen to NOT dye his hair. Nothing wrong with wanting to look your best.

I agree that the photoshopping out Bono's freckles or wringles is dumb but that is magazine editors doing that. I'm not sure that they have that much control over that.

What?? :angel: I'm just offering to keep him company y'know. We could play guitar or poker or so. Go out into town to have some pints. :D

I agree with you that dying your hair isn't that bad. most people do that these days! It's not hiding your true self or age, it's more to feel comfortable in your own skin.
Adam looks great without the dye though!

What?? :angel: I'm just offering to keep him company y'know. We could play guitar or poker or so. Go out into town to have some pints. :D

I agree with you that dying your hair isn't that bad. most people do that these days! It's not hiding your true self or age, it's more to feel comfortable in your own skin.
Adam looks great without the dye though!

And that is why he's the silver fox. I have up on dying my hair. I figure... I'm 42, it's starting getting grey when I was 14 (Thanks Dad for the F'ed up genes!) so I should just accept that it is what it is... and it is grey. Simple as that.

Nothing wrong with grey! I like when we see Edge's natural grey color in his hair and beard. :drool:
Nothing wrong with dying either... it's all good, why worry about it :cute:

And that is why he's the silver fox. I have up on dying my hair. I figure... I'm 42, it's starting getting grey when I was 14 (Thanks Dad for the F'ed up genes!) so I should just accept that it is what it is... and it is grey. Simple as that.

Wow 14?? That's young! :hmm: You should post a pic sometimes so we can judge how good the grey looks on you! :yes:

I can tell you it looks just fine :sexywink:

Why, thank you BonoComet. :wave:

T'is me on the right.
Charles-Jeff-One.jpg

Strange, I always imagined you being the Edge of the band. :hmm:

I was actually just doing a 'guest' spot that night with "The Joshua Tree".

That is "The Chedge", Charles Alm on the left in that piccy. The Joshua Tree are quite good, so if you get the chance - go see them! Nice buch of guys and they do a pretty convincing U2. Always a great night out! (They in LA and San Diego and they seem to also play Vegas a lot too)

I've had Edge moments, Bono moments (I was playing Bono's part in that pic) and Larry moments (as I have actually played drums longer than guitar)

:shifty: I was more thinking AB Bono in that colourful shirt and leather pants or PopBono with the fuzzy red hair though..

Best Bono
and Least Repectful Bono are both mentioned in this sentence...I'll let u decide for yourself which one is which

I was actually just doing a 'guest' spot that night with "The Joshua Tree".

That is "The Chedge", Charles Alm on the left in that piccy. The Joshua Tree are quite good, so if you get the chance - go see them! Nice buch of guys and they do a pretty convincing U2. Always a great night out! (They in LA and San Diego and they seem to also play Vegas a lot too)

I've had Edge moments, Bono moments (I was playing Bono's part in that pic) and Larry moments (as I have actually played drums longer than guitar)

Yes they are VERY GOOD!! :up::up:

That pic is from the night I was there right Edge_O? :hmm:

You're 42?? Wow, I put you around late 20s - early 30s :up:.

....obligatory :drool: for the Silver Fox.

Me and my friend almost missed the ice cream truck once. It drove by and then he heard us yelling so he backed up. :lol: We were like, "Waiiiittt! Awww....yayyy!" :lmao: That was like, 4 years ago. :cute:

That happened with The Edge the day before the Vertigo dress rehearsal in LA. The whole vehicle stopping/coming back...

March 2005... The band were rehearsing at the Sports Arena in LA. We could hear them rehearsing from just across the lil road between the Sports Arena and the colosseum.

Somewhere around 1:00AM, the band came out one by one, except Larry. First was Adam. Very nice. Very friendly. Took pictures and answer questions. The same was true of Bono when he came out... and then The Edge.

The Edge's limo came out and we were excited. It passed us and there was a collective "aaaaawww darn". Then it suddenly stopped and backed up and out popped Mr. The Edge!

The masses (20-ish of us) lined up like good fans. The Edge went down the line greeting each of us one by one. I was last in the line. After he shook my hand and said hello, he went BACK to the front of the line and went through it again taking pictures and signing autographs. THAT my friends is one nice, greatful-to-the-fans and cool-as-heck rock star.

That happened with The Edge the day before the Vertigo dress rehearsal in LA. The whole vehicle stopping/coming back...

March 2005... The band were rehearsing at the Sports Arena in LA. We could hear them rehearsing from just across the lil road between the Sports Arena and the colosseum.

Somewhere around 1:00AM, the band came out one by one, except Larry. First was Adam. Very nice. Very friendly. Took pictures and answer questions. The same was true of Bono when he came out... and then The Edge.

The Edge's limo came out and we were excited. It passed us and there was a collective "aaaaawww darn". Then it suddenly stopped and backed up and out popped Mr. The Edge!

The masses (20-ish of us) lined up like good fans. The Edge went down the line greeting each of us one by one. I was last in the line. After he shook my hand and said hello, he went BACK to the front of the line and went through it again taking pictures and signing autographs. THAT my friends is one nice, greatful-to-the-fans and cool-as-heck rock star.

Thats my Edge!

GREAT STORY!

Back
Top Bottom