Does Bono still smoke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ask again, why? He's voice is just as powerful. Is that just because you prefer singers who continually belt until they lose their voice? You should put that as an opion rather than a matter of fact. Aretha Franklin has to sing with backing singers now and she hasn't embarked on long tour over the years like bono has. Long belting sessions are damaging and that's why Bono has stopped that now.
I think Bono has never shouted instead of singing.... But let´s see the voice he used to have from the 80´s to ZOOtv tours for example, they´re (to me) more powerful than Pop era up to now.
No, I don´t find it powerful now, it sounds nice to my ears, but it´s not as powerful as in those years. (Just in case, I´m not saying he has to stop singing.)

I'm sorry I meant to say belting. There are a lot of people who don't like belting. I don't like belting that much either. I flicked through a book once about singing technique where the writer said that to her, belting is the most unnattractive type of singing. You don't have to prove you've got a powerful voice by belting continously like what certain singers do (ie Christina Agulira and Celine Dion, ect). I never thought Aretha Franklin shouted but she has always relied on belting as a singing technique. This type of singing does wreck the voice, as said in this book and proven by Aretha Franklin. Bono's voice is just as powerful at certian parts of a song where it is needed but he doesn't have to belt all the time :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom