Distracting myself...one Adam picture at a time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClaytonsKitten

ONE love, blood, life
My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Yo
Okay PLEBAns, I have officially given up on trying NOT to think about the glory that will be Friday, and my birthday concert in Tampa (bday is on Sunday). I've given into temptation, and all I want is U2. More specifically, one Adam Clayton. :love:

So rec me, baby. Rec me hard. Post pics, link to stories, bootlegs, videos, etc.

I want it all Adam, all the time. And I will even start us off. :D

My favorite Adam pic of all time. :cute:
123.jpg

And my current favorite. :hyper:
ADAM.jpg

A quick Adam story ( a very common one Im sure)

After a show and after waiting into the wee hours Adam's driver stops. Adam gets out and is signing and taking pictures- By that time my friend and I had given up and were heading home. I told her to head back towards the venue so we could catch the freeway. I see a lot of flashing cameras and people shouting. I make my friend stop in the middle of a very busy street I jump out and sprint to the crowd. I run to get at the end of the line as Adam is making his way down I have my camera in my hand and finally he comes up to a lady next to me, she asks if I could get a pic of her and Adam, I say sure! I take her picture. I ask Adam if I could get one with him he says sure go ahead, I stand by the rail and put my arm around him. He leans into me (I had asked the lady to take my pic) she kept fumbling with my digital camera (she had no clue how to use it) and I was saying hurry!! (knowing he had to move on) the lady looks up at me and says I don't know how to use it! ((She didnt know how to aim and shoot??)) Adam apologized and said sorry he had to move on down the line. I was bummed!! Still I ran to the new end of the line and he was already waving goodbye I yelled his name loud. he looked at me and reached out and shook my hand (he has soft hands) and then he was wisked away into his awaiting ride.

Poor thing! At least you hugged him and got close to him! I'd much rather have that memory...a picture is just bonus points.

Luckily I have my hubby willing to camp out with me on Friday - we've got seats but being the nuts we are, we're going to see if we can't meet them somewhere either before or after. My bday is Sunday, and the concert alone is an amazing gift. However, the ultimate gift would be to be in Mr. Clayton's arms. Bonus points awarded if it is photographed. Of course, I'll do a full report and post photos over the weekend. :sexywink:

And while I'm at it, I found this the other day and it gave me a chuckle:

Adam Clayton kept a tour diary in early 1982 and provided extracts to Hot Press magazine

Hot Press, August 14, 1982

February 14th Valentine's Day

Today is St. Valentine's Day and where is my Valentine? On the drive from Austin to San Antonio we stopped off at a snake farm/amateur zoo. It was very depressing. Lots of caged animals not looking very healthy. The high point was a mad monkey which had epileptic fits accompanied by blood-chilling shrieks. It was really quite a scream because Bono started singing. This infuriated the creature even further -- its shrieks grew louder. Bono matched its volume until the deranged creature started to beat his head against the wall. Eventually a very brusque woman ran over and dismissed us, complaining how cruel it was to drink sodas in front of our friend as there was nothing it liked more than a glass of Coke.

On to the gig. During the show, Bono handed out flowers to girls. Wish I'd done that. He's got friends for life. Afterwards we spent a long time with the punters. The Texans are a nice simple people, consequently conversation lasted long. 3.15 a.m. back to the hotel via the Alamo, which received the dubious accolade of consecration with Ozzy Osbourne's urine.

Fort Apache, The Bronx was on the HBO cable. Great film and Paul Newman's best performance in years.

Friday

Up too early with everyone looking wrecked. Arrive in Denver and Edge discovers a ski resort 50 miles up country. The four of us head off. It had to be hushed up as a broken leg at this stage of the tour would not be welcome. Stories were fabricated and changed so that no one had any idea where we were. It was a lovely drive through the Rockies to the resort. Once there, Edge organises the activities, as he is the experienced amateur. We get our skis on and Bono falls over immediately. We potter about on the nursery slopes under Edge's instructions. I eventually feel confident enough to try my luck on the mountain. I wish I hadn't. I've never been so frightened in all my life. To reach the top of the mountain we have to hang on chair lift, hundreds of feet above the ground with no safety bar. I was so hysterical I would have gladly thrown myself off had Edge not kept me talking.

At the top it soon becomes obvious that I had been over optimistic. I tell Edge to go off and enjoy himself, I'll walk down. The mountain very nearly claimed me. Edge goes up and down twice in the time it takes me to walk. Then he did a black slope. As you might know black slopes are very serious. And then some, like black holes and black belts. We retire to the bar for the only bit of ski I like -- apres ski and Gluewein. We make the mistake of ordering Irish Coffees, which are barely coffee and certainly not Irish. The cream comes from one of those aerosol jobs and there's a nasty green mint liqueur to boot. Once back in the hotel we decide to go and see Reds. It's a good film but I felt it lost its punch in places, but maybe that's because I was so tired.

Your Valentine is right here, honey.

It's kind of a clue into his internal monologue. And I've never know anyone (reasonbly) tall who's afraid of heights! Or maybe that was just falling to his death that he was afraid of...

Speaking of Adam, I remember reading a letter he wrote to his parentts (the letter was displayed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit)

It was written around the time Bono was going to get married. Im just remembering bits of the letter even though I re-read it about 10 times :lol:

Anyway Adam was telling his parents about the new album, random talk about the place they were at (They were somewhere in Europe) and he also told his parents that Bono asked Ali to marry him and asked him (Adam) to be his best man.
He also said that Bono had this MAD idea about arriving at his own wedding in a helicopter. "can you believe that?" Adam says, "I dont really think he will do it".

--Did anyone else see the exhibit and know what letter Im talking about? :)

It's kind of a clue into his internal monologue. And I've never know anyone (reasonbly) tall who's afraid of heights! Or maybe that was just falling to his death that he was afraid of...

I think it gives me some peace of mind that Bono and Adam fail at skiing as much as I did. I first went skiing in February...won't ever be doing it again so I definitely understand the scary feeling.

Also, if I wrote U2 fic...I think Adam would be the most interesting to write.

I think it gives me some peace of mind that Bono and Adam fail at skiing as much as I did. I first went skiing in February...won't ever be doing it again so I definitely understand the scary feeling.

Also, if I wrote U2 fic...I think Adam would be the most interesting to write.

Writing Adam in fic is damned hard at times! Interesting, yes. But it can be quite complicated...

Found this in the U2:360 section. But thought it might be a great Adam picture for you to distract yourself with.

I call this picture... "Silver and Gold":

In this one, The Silver Fox (Adam) is rockin' the Gold finish Gibson Les Paul Signature bass.

What tune? Mysterious Ways, naturally.

923f8368.jpg

Found this in the U2:360 section. But thought it might be a great Adam picture for you to distract yourself with.

I call this picture... "Silver and Gold":

In this one, The Silver Fox (Adam) is rockin' the Gold finish Gibson Les Paul Signature bass.

What tune? Mysterious Ways, naturally.

923f8368.jpg

Okay, you win at life. Silver Fox, gold bass, and my all-time favorite song. :cute::cute::cute::cute:

Back
Top Bottom