Dik Evans pictures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place... Here'e the request...

Other than a photo of Dik & Virgin Prunes in the "Into The Heart" book and a later picture of Dik with Edge and Morliegh from the Zoo era... Haven't seen many pictures of The Edge's older brother.

Anyone have any of him playing guitar with Virgin Prunes? Interested to see what guitars and such Dik used for his work in Virgin Prunes.

There are quite a few photos at Virgin Prunes :: Home

There used to be a couple of recent photos of the band at gavinfriday.com, from around 2004 when their albums were re-released. They may still be on there but the owner of the website recently redesigned it and it's not very user friendly, so sadly I haven't been able to relocate them for you. :(

You might also try this site:
New Wave Photos by Philippe Carly

Most of the images on this site are of guggi and gavin but a think there's a couple of Dik.

Actually, he didn't get cut. He left the band of his own accord. He preferred to dedicate himself to school full-time. (There's an interesting bit about this in Matt McGee's new book, U2 Diary, which I'm really enjoying.)

edgemum.jpg

pic of the Evans children Dik, Mom with Gill, and baby Edge..aka Dave

It gets pretty freaky if you compare that pic you quoted with macphisto.... Gav and Bono do really look alike at certain moments!

It gets pretty freaky if you compare that pic you quoted with macphisto.... Gav and Bono do really look alike at certain moments!

Yeah, 1993 IS where Bono became Gavin with the Machphisto character. I think that Gavin had some input on that character too. But that arty "Virgin Prunes-vibe" was there in the staging, songs and characters of 1991-1993.

Heck that was when Edge even got the goatee like big brother Dik.

I know that the Virgin Prunes are not everyone's cup of tea but they are worth checking out The "If I Die... I Die" album is full of good stuff. "Walls of Jericho" and "Pagan Love Song" come to mind.

Back
Top Bottom