Did Bono Buy This Haunted House?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
http://www.goreyguardian.ie/news/loftus-hall-boughLoftus Hall bought by Bono?

MYSTERIOUS WAYS U2 FRONTMAN TIPPED TO BE NEW OWNER OF HAUNTED BUILDING

By Anne Marie O'CONNOR
Wednesday October 29 2008

U2 FRONTMAN Bono is widely rumoured to be the new owner of Wexford's most haunted building, Loftus Hall.

The majestic building was sold last week, three days after being withdrawn from public auction, after it failed to make its guide price of ¤1.8m.

Rock star Bono (real name Paul Hewson), is rumoured strongly to be the new buyer.

Auctioneer John Radford of Sherry Fitzgerald Radford failed to confirm the rumour but the volume of calls from national and international media to his office have certainly fuelled the speculation claims.

National radio stations have also indicated that the U2 singer has broadened his property interests by snapping up the legendary nine bay country house.

'There has been all sorts of speculation about who has bought it. But we can't say who bought it, or what it went for,' said Mr. Radford, who believes that the once haunted property will be put to 'commercial' use either as a nursing home, hotel or spa.

- Anne Marie O'CONNOR

:laugh: :macdevil: :yippie: :lmao:

I guess it's nothing but another tabloid story. It's only a rumour. Aren't there any other people in Ireland with enough money to buy a house? Does it always have to be Bono as if he was the only famous person there?

I don't think it was him.

In fact I think it was Adam.

Whether Bono or someone from U2 bought it or not (and really, who cares if they did?) I would love to go investigate the place. It seems like a great location. :up:

Ooooh how cool if it is supposed to be haunted! I wonder what the plans are for it? To renovate and live in or make a B&B out of it for business purpose? :hmm:

I'm glad that everybody is enjoying this thread. It's all done to have some fun and lighten the mood.

This article originally appea(red) in Zootopia so I don't have a link for it but it kinda states the same info above only with a bit more detail.

"Bono is widely rumoured to be the new owner of Wexford's most haunted building, Loftus Hall.

The majestic building was sold last week, three days after being withdrawn from public auction, after it failed to make its guide price of ¤1.8m.

Bono , is rumoured strongly to be the new buyer.

Auctioneer John Radford of Sherry Fitzgerald Radford failed to confirm the rumour but the volume of calls from national and international media to his office have certainly fuelled the speculation claims.

National radio stations have also indicated that the U2 singer has broadened his property interests by snapping up the legendary nine bay country house.

'There has been all sorts of speculation about who has bought it. But we can't say who bought it, or what it went for,' said Mr. Radford, who believes that the once haunted property will be put to 'commercial' use either as a nursing home, hotel or spa.

Legend has it that on the site of the original Loftus Hall (which was demolished in 1871 and this house was built in it's place) the Devil appeared in the guise of a young gentleman. The owner's daughter Anne Tottenham fell for him and only discovered his true identity when she discovered, during a card game, that he had a cloven foot! The house had to be exorcised. The ghost of Anne is said to still haunt the present house which has now been boarded up and is out of bounds to sightseers."

I think that it would be a wonderful twist on Bono's personas if he actually does end up buying a house which stands on ground where Satan is rumored to have appeared!

Maybe MacPhisto can meet with "the real thing"? :wink:

Place is in the middle of no where - i mean no where. Can't see it being a hotel. Maybe he'll move there and leave behind killiney hill.

Back
Top Bottom