Condolences to The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgesBiggestFan

The Fly
My deepest condolences go out to The Edge after the death of his mother, Gwenda. She always seemed to be such a stalwart supporter of her sons and their music, at least from the interviews that I saw. It's never easy to lose a parent. According to news reports, The Edge mourns loss of his beloved mother - Starplus.ie - Ireland’s new entertainment site with movie reviews, celebrity gossip, music videos, games and gadgets, he was in Dublin when she passed away. I'm sure that I speak for all U2 fans in sending good wishes to him and his family.

I just saw this article and had to come post my condolances as well. It's never an easy thing to deal with.:sad:

Edge,
I don't want 2 b untrue
I want 2 b with you :hug:
Love - Reg
Rest in peace Mrs. Gwenda, God Bless you! Thank you so much for all the great things you did and left for your family, an for us U2's fans!
God Bless all the family in this hard and devasted moment...
Reg

To Edge,

Oh....:sad: my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

I'd never read anything about your mum till now. She sounded interesting, and very supportive (first roadie!) of you, and your new band buds way back then! It is a blessing when a parent supports you in your deep goals.

As others have said this is rough terrain, and you might be in some manner of surreal shock off & on.

I lost my mom just a bit past 4 years ago, and if (not clear in the news articles) it's so that this short illness was a sudden, unexpected thing; then it's all the more devastating. What was a previous "routine type problem" for my mom "relatively easy" to take care of in the ER suddenly had a new hidden factor, and started her downhill slide.

I know that for myself the support of my family, AND friends got me through the worst of it. So I wish that you will have that support and gain strength from it. If it works for you might also think of your fans' caring as an extra invisible field of energy also giving you fortitude.

And grieving is so personal; I hope you will be able to grieve how you grieve, and not how others say you "should" do so.

RIP, Gwenda

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I know too well nothing compares to the support and love of a mum, but don't forget "this is not a good bye".
She and all your family will be in my prayers.

To Edge ,
My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I pray that you find strength from your family and friends to help you through this difficult time .
May your Mom rest in peace and know that she gave us one of the most amazing people in the world....you.
With love and blessings to you and your family,
jayne

To Edge

Very sad moments. RIP Mrs. Evans.
All my best wishes to her family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom