Brian Eno is in the latest issue of MOJO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Brian Eno is in the latest issue of MOJO magazine. There is a small sidebar of Danny Lanois speaking about Eno; another of Chris Martin speaking about Eno.

I think it is the March issue. Nick Cave is on the cover. Pretty cool article. And some 'interesting' pictures of Eno over the years.

THIS (below) is the best / funniest of the batch:
scan0001.jpg

Interesting how a guy that U2, Coldplay and others always speak of as being so professorial and such the English gentleman... would dress as he did in his Roxy Music days - complete opposite to the quiet cerebral tag that we most thing of Mr. Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno

FANTASTIC! :applaud:

You have to love Roxy era Eno. Regardless of some 'interesting' fashion choices in the early 1970's.

brian_eno.jpg

Eno-Roxy_era-1.jpg

eno.jpg

brian_eno_2.jpg

Brian Eno made some great albums with Roxy Music and his own solo material. If you'v enot listened to any of his solo albums - I highly recommend them. And once you hear his 'ambient' work, you will understand Passengers a lot more too.

Plus, lest we forget... Eno's produced some great albums by U2, Talking Heads, David Bowie, Devo, James, Coldplay (ducks the shoes of any resident Coldplay haters)

OMG! He looks like Hugo Weaving as Elrond in the pic with the leopard print top! Eno did a show here in Knoxville last month that I really had wanted to go to - unfortunately finances didn't cooperate.:sad: It would have been interesting to see him though!

Haha I was just going to ask if he was offered a role as an elf in Lord of the Rings because of that leopard print pic. :lol:

There is a great new Brian Eno biography coming out, called - On Some Faraway Beach: The Life and Times of Brian Eno. It comes out May 1st, 2009.

Review
'This 450-page biography (written with the help of the famous piss-taster himself) fairly zips along.' -- OBSERVER MUSIC MONTHLY

'This 450-page biography (written with the help of the famous piss-taster himself) fairly zips along.' OBSERVER MUSIC MONTHLY '[An] honourable, authorised attempt to do justice to a mind-bogglingly restless and prolific subject.' SUNDAY TIMES 'David Sheppard's authorised biography dispels some of the myths surrounding Brian Eno and provides a compelling case for his importance as artist and thinker.' WATERSTONES BOOKS QUARTERLY 'An accomplished and sprawling biography reflects Eno's scattershot apporach to life - all over the place but fascinating just the same.' BIG ISSUE (Scotland) Music Book of the Fortnight 'Few enigmas are as hard to unravel as Brian Peter George St John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno, but the Q contributor has done a bang-up job with this 450-page tome' HOT PRESS (Ireland) 'David Sheppard's meticulously researched biography ...[with] the kind of footnote that make this doorstopper such an engaging read' INDEPENDENT 'On Some Faraway Beach provides an extensive introduction to a lifetime of constructive, and very English, pottering.' SUNDAY TELEGRAPH Sheppard has corralled the many strands of Eno's hectic creative life into a coherent and highly readable accountOn Some Faraway Beach will take some beating as a chronicle of one of popular music's few truly original practitioners. TOTAL MUSIC MAGAZINE 'A vivid, well-observed and absorbing biography replete with relevant context and cultural references.' THE BEAT 'How do you pin down an enigma like Brian Eno? Music journalist David Sheppard makes a valiant stab at it in this lively biography.' YORKSHIRE EVENING POST --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Review
"[An] honourable, authorized attempt to do justice to a mind-bogglingly restless and prolific subject. . . . With his uninhibited fondness for sex and intriguing cultural hypotheses, Eno comes across in On a Faraway Beach as an archetypal man of the 1970s." —The Sunday Times

"Sheppard’s diligently researched, flamboyant and fascinating book provides a long overdue critical perspective on Eno, the man and his work—by someone other than Eno." —The Wire

"Sheppard has corralled the many strands of Eno's hectic creative life into a coherent and highly readable account. . . . The book . . . sends you scurrying back to the actual records." —Total Music

"An extraordinary tale of how rock's most infamous non-musician became pop's most articulate spokesman and in-demand producer." —Mojo

Link to the book on Amazon:
Amazon.com: On Some Faraway Beach: The Life and Times of Brian Eno: David Sheppard: Books

I have a lot of respect fo Brian Eno but it does look like he's interfering a lot...

by the way, my niece just pointed out to me the other day thay Eno is One spelled backwards. all these years of listening to this great band and I hadn't noticed it before! oh, the shame! the shame! :reject:

Actually, Bono has said that "Brian Eno" is an anagram for "One Brain".

Back
Top Bottom