Bono's watches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I know their other threads on here regarding Bono's shades, and his clothing leather jackets etc, but have there ever been any watch affectionato's out there that have collect the pictorial evidence to deduct what model/brand of watch Bono perferes/wears? I know i've seen a ton of different pics that show glimpses of them

I don't think we've ever had a thread about his watches before. :hmm: Though I do have one magazine that has Bono on the cover. The magazine is about watches, strangely enough. I don't think I've ever seen that cover on here, as it's a Dutch magazine. The picture is vertigo era, with Bono's fists up. I think around Live8, with the fade green shades and denim jacket.

I'll try to find pics for you, but most are so small you can't really see much.

I know their other threads on here regarding Bono's shades, and his clothing leather jackets etc, but have there ever been any watch affectionato's out there that have collect the pictorial evidence to deduct what model/brand of watch Bono perferes/wears? I know i've seen a ton of different pics that show glimpses of them

I can safely say there is at least one Bono watch aficionado around here, but I'll let them stay anonymous if they choose. :wink: However I don't think the brands or models are what they find most interesting, so I guess that doesn't help. I can post a few pics though. Good luck finding out info.

bonorednigeriawatchcutesmile.jpg

bonoredwatchfrance4-22-06.jpg

Larry gave him that ring? whats the story there?

There was a Pop era (I think) interview where Bono said Larry gave him a ring with a fish on it, but he kept losing it and Larry would buy him a new one. It's hard to tell that it's a fish in most pictures, but I think there have been threads devoted to Bono's ring in the past with some pretty good photos of it.

Isn't there a (RED) campaign shot photo , with bono on a red carpet showing of his (RED) watch ?

There was a Pop era (I think) interview where Bono said Larry gave him a ring with a fish on it, but he kept losing it and Larry would buy him a new one. It's hard to tell that it's a fish in most pictures, but I think there have been threads devoted to Bono's ring in the past with some pretty good photos of it.

So its the ring in these pictures that he fairly consistantly wearing on his left pinky. I wonder what the fish symbolizes? Do you remember if it was a B-day or Christmas present or something? Funny, that he wears it pretty often, but not even any form of a wedding ring.

So its the ring in these pictures that he fairly consistantly wearing on his left pinky. I wonder what the fish symbolizes? Do you remember if it was a B-day or Christmas present or something? Funny, that he wears it pretty often, but not even any form of a wedding ring.

I'm not sure, but I think it is a salmon, I've known an Irish guy who wears a salmon in his pinky, the salmon symbolises wisdom in the Celtic culture, there is a beautiful legend about that, I will try to find the book where I read it later, so I can tell you. Another possibility is the obvious one of the fish symbolsing Christianity and as the band seem to like double meanings in their lyrics, may be it has both.

Back
Top Bottom